Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118777 times)

Offline Nintendad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »
Yeah, I live in a small town, approx 35,000. Of my 40 some Street Passes, I think 7 are from my daughter (I don't live with her). The rest are all natural with no conventions or anything like that. I do have some repeats but I have no idea who these people are in real life.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »
They need to revamp the system so people can do more since I still haven't finished Find Mii, and I might not even beat Find Mii II once (yet alone multiple times).

I agree.   While I am lucky (or cursed, depending on your opinion...me and my wife desperately want to move out into the suburbs or a much smaller town) to live in Metropolitan Los Angeles, I can see how it would be difficult to get streetpasses.   Funny enough, I drive by G4 studios everyday, and I've never gotten a single streetpass there.

But I also think as kids get more 3DS's, we're going to see streetpass rates go up.  Just the other day, I got 2 streetpasses and I'm pretty sure that I got them from my daughter's elementary school as I was dropping her off.  I know it's had to tell between children and adult Mii's, but their Mii messages were completely without humor or sarcasm (something like "I like parties" and "I like games") and they were both playing Mario and Sonic Olympics.  Smells of the kinds of things little kids would say.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
I did StreetPass last week on the bus with a kid who looked like he was about 8. Either he just got his 3DS or he barely has used Puzzle Swap since I got no new pieces from him (though at least I got him for Find Mii).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »
Why do people feel the need to cheat?

I usually walk 4-5 miles every day and always take my 3DS with me hoping to get a Street Pass. I normally take the same path through my neighborhood. Most days are unsuccessful but every once in awhile, I'll get a surprise. I did hit upon a "hotspot" in which I was passing someone's house who owned a 3DS. I was able to pinpoint about where the house is located so I tried to make sure I was always passing by to try to get a Street Pass. Over the months we Street Passed maybe 8 or 9 times. We both live in West Virginia. Then, about three weeks ago I Street Passed him only to see he was now claiming to be from Hawaii. Needless to say, I wasn't amused because Hawaii is now complete on my map. I'd love to pass someone from Hawaii but I want it to be legit. Then, I Street Passed him a couple days ago to find he is now from Mississippi, so that is another fake "fill in" on my map. I've decided to alter my route and will no longer be Street Passing him.

I know, some will think I'm weird, but I hate it when people "cheat" like that. I want no part of it. Anyone else experienced something like this, or just not care?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
I was excited to get a Mexico Street Pass when I was down there.  Yay!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline GenDeath

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »
The only other locations i have on the map are Minnesota(which is a give in since is where i live) Wisconsin, Iowa, and Angullia.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
I got one from Anguilla too, a kid on the bus (didn't get any puzzle pieces from him though), all the others are New York.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
I recently went on vacation to Florida and had planned to do a day at Disney. I was looking more forward to the Street Passing than the actual park. We went to Universal last year and I only got 2 street passes the whole day which was disappointing. However, at the last moment plans were changed so we didn't end up going. We did go to a museum for kids called MOSI which resulted in 2 street passes, one of which the guy had nearly every puzzle piece available. But the trip down and back at the airports resulted in 0 street passes.

Also, in my previous post I mentioned some guy in my neighborhood changing his location to cheat at street passing. The other day I accidentally walked by his house and street passed him. Now he's from Puerto Rico. What a jerk.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2012, 11:36:12 PM »
Nintendad - if you delete his Mii from your 3DS, does it save his locations?

As for Anguilla - I've got one of those too.  I assume it has something to do with the fact that Anguilla is the first option on the selection screen for countries.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
Aside from a birthday boy I randomly passed by in best Buy and my brother, the only places I seem to get them are game stop and TrU.   Which kinda sucks for geing those pink pieces for puzzles. Only I got was from the guy at E3.  For some reason BB's unit is stuck in demo video mode so to speak so can't get anything from it.  Can't even access Nintendo Zone, even though it shows as being active when I visit.  Though I can get on NZ at Mcdonald's....

Yeah I got Anguilla marked as well. Was excited until I saw it was an African country.  I seriously doubt people from there would be coming to a non big city where I live.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »
Spent the day at Universal's Islands of Adventure and got nine StreetPass tags. I'm hoping to get the same amount or more in Universal Studios and Downtown Disney.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:35 AM »
3DS demo carts won't let you exit to the system menu.  I've read about several different button combos that you're supposed to be able to hold down to get it to boot to the menu, but I've never been able to make them work.

With that said, I've determined that you can, if you play your cards right, jam a key or something into the back of the demo unit just enough to pop the cartridge out, letting you boot to the system menu.

Just don't get caught. ;)

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
Lol, Im not that desperate........

well...hmm....

Naw Im not...............:P

They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
Got six more today!

Offline GenDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »
What is the most times you met the same Person.
Mine is 29 times.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »
I think the most for me is like 8, which is tied between most of the other NWR people who were at E3.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »
Argh, I've had this new 3DS for about a month but only just now got my first streetpass! I had to go all the way to Berkeley to get it (I live in Oakland, CA). My last 3DS (which I lost ... T-T) was full of streetpasses from conventions and work, but that was a different life.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »
Argh, I've had this new 3DS for about a month but only just now got my first streetpass! I had to go all the way to Berkeley to get it (I live in Oakland, CA). My last 3DS (which I lost ... T-T) was full of streetpasses from conventions and work, but that was a different life.

Well, I used to live in Oakland a long time ago (circa 2000) so things may have changed, but I'd imagine if you walked around Telegraph near places like Smart Alec's or maybe the end where that comic book shop is, you'd get at least a few streetpasses everyday.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
Mine is 29 times.

My neighbor - I've "met" him 30+ times. :D

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2012, 04:13:25 AM »
I found my old 3DS and gave it to my brother so... streetpasses here I come! What's the highest level someone can be in Find Mii? Because I get the feeling I'm about to find out...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:23 AM »
Congrats on finding your lost 3DS. And the highest level there is is 9.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2012, 03:50:22 AM »
No. The highest level is LVL 7.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2012, 11:45:25 AM »
My mistake!

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »
I moved to a new apartment and neighborhood a few months ago. My steady stream of insane Street Pass tags has dropped down to one or two a day, sometimes even none. During the second month in my place I got a tag and while I have two systems in my place only oner was present. It turns out a kid upstairs has one so every now and then we Street Pass each other.
So I also get Street Passes randomly if I'm out sometimes and it's even cooler because I have been retagging people I met randomly before at game events. I got new locations for Street Passes from Aruba and Saudi Arabia, there are no maps for these locations. Also I think everyone who says their from Anguilla is lying, unless they're not.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »
Mine is 29 times.
Nintendo's Kit Ellis, 10 times.
Incidentally, he just passed 4000.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report