Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals  (Read 17245 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2018, 12:09:43 AM »
Who needs Federation Force anyways? We've got a close enough simulation in the Funhouse.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2018, 04:45:11 AM »
Well, any chance of meeting up to see if we can finally complete Hard Mode this coming week? Pretty darn close to this even though Ice Titan Hell continues to taunt at us. Be nice to see if we could wrap this up before the year is done.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
I'm pretty busy this week with the holidays.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
I'm sorry about the radio silence, holidays and all. But I am still interested in finishing up this game, if you haven't already. I know it's short notice, but I'd be good to go tomorrow evening. If not then, le's set a time for next week.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2019, 05:49:02 PM »
i can do tomorrow evening.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »
Tomorrow evening will be fine for me also. What time do you want to start?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »
I should be good sometime after 7pm.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »
Reporting for duty, SIR!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2019, 01:51:22 PM »
So, when are we going to try wrapping up this shindig?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2019, 05:42:06 PM »
Thursday next week works for me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2019, 12:47:11 AM »

I'm pretty much good whenever. It's you and pokepal holding me back from getting to play it as I wait for your schedules.

Fine. One more week of waiting then.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »
Don't blame me, I been ready!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
Fed force tomorrow is still on right?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2019, 08:53:27 PM »
I'm still good.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2019, 06:49:56 PM »
I'm ready to start this shindig whenever everyone shows up.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »
I'm sorry things didn't go better last night, but at least we completed one of the missions!

So, what are your thoughts on that last mission? Did you still want to try again sometime, or would you rather just round it out in single player? Terra doesn't want to play any more, so it would just be the three of us if we go back to it.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »
The bonus for not using the lone wolf mod is 10,000 points so you just have to survive the mission with 4 titans, make it in the time limit, and the points from the enemies should be enough to 3 medal it.

If you die the mission is over so we don't have to worry about losing points that way.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2019, 02:53:12 AM »
Hahaha. We killed her enthusiasm for the game. Way to go Ice Titans! This is why Federation Force got such low scores and hatred.

Yeah, I just finally beat it today. But it took a bloody long time. Probably 4 hours. I tried for an hour here and there and set it aside after getting frustrated but finally finished it now. I don't know how many times I died while trying to cage my last Titan. The worst was in the first hour I was playing this, I don't know what skill level I was tapping into but I actually caged 4 titans in 2 cages and still had three minutes. I wondered if I should leave but thought I'd get one more since I had the time. Got the fifth titan in a cage and threw out a Samus decoy to occupy it. Left the cage as the door was closing behind. Was turning to keep my eye on the titan and got hit by its purple ground pound blast as I did that. Lost the mission. I was upset and kicking myself at being that close to wrapping it up. I wondered if I should have bailed on 4 and seen if that would have done it yet I didn't want to find out I was low while having had the time to get one more.

Anyways, couldn't catch titans as good as that the more I played so I started going for one at a time in cages and even then I kept going down while trying to corral that last one. It's so hard trying to manage the doors and watch out on the titans actions. Yet, in the end, when I finally succeeded, I did still capture 5. Go figure. It's true that you get 10000 for not using Lone Wolf and then you get 10000 for the time. It's pretty easy to get 2000 points from enemies and other score triggers. I was pretty much getting that just from taking out the opening animal enemies and then the gunship with pirates.

I just find it odd that my file shows only a 94% completion rate despite getting all medals and paint jobs unlocked now. I wondered if it had to do with the mods and I know there is at least 5 unique mods I didn't have in my possession yet. So, I decided to try and farm mods briefly at the H12 mission. Did three runs and on my third run, I finally got the split warhead mod for myself so that's something. Left to check my percentage and it was still at 94%. Finally just looked it up online and it turns out I need to do more Blast Ball to get the 100%. Not sure if I'm going to bother yet or not but I'm thinking I might give it a couple tries to see what happens. In any case, I'm ready to wrap things up on Fed Force. Missions are all complete and that's the main thing I wanted to get done with a group and play.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2019, 04:04:11 AM »
Blast Ball might be fun to come back to sometime but probably not right now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2019, 04:14:24 PM »
I guess that means the answer is that you'd rather finish the game in single player! Oh well, I'm sorry to end on a sour note, but it's been fun to dust off these old games and play through again. I hope you had fun too! Congrats on clearing everything.

Terra might be willing to come back for Blast Ball sometime since she never did much of that. How do you earn the stuff from the mode? Would we actually have to hope other human players appear, or would it work if the other team fills with bots?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2019, 12:23:14 AM »
I tested out Blast Ball on my own the two days after our last play session. I did the challenge mode and I couldn't win it on my own with two bots. The best I did was got to the fourth round of the five but couldn't even crack the fifth round once. Most often losing in the second third round. It was hard for us three to complete the challenge mode once but it was also the first time for pokepal148 and myself when we played it to get that unbreakable mod. With more practice under me and with two other human players then it may help get through the challenge mode more often. Probably still be tough and times that we lose because of certain factors like the green eject powerup or that stupid volleyball that the opposing bots always seem to score with. Even in my single player attempts, my team didn't get a single goal when that accursed thing showed up. I don't remember a magma ball showing up when we played but that is something that appeared a couple times when playing on my own which was a new surprise. Did fine with that particular variation.

So, yes, I'd be down for Blast Ball with you and Terra if you want to try that mode out for awhile. There are 15 paint jobs that you can unlock which are specifically used in Blast Ball. I don't know what the wisdom is in having separate paint jobs for the two areas of play as I'd like to rock the Ridley paint job I have in campaign but them's the breaks. Gamespot lists the requirements for unlocking the paint jobs which can be found here. The toughest thing is to beat the Challenge mode 10 times. By the time we do that, there's a good chance we'd get all the other requirements. I think I've got about half the paint jobs already just from our time playing and maybe 4 hours on my own attempting the Challenge mode. I'm sure it will get frustrating and it is probably not something we'd want to play for three hours but I'd be done for playing it for an hour here and there. If we could at least beat Challenge mode once every time we played that would be about 9-10 play sessions depending on if we need to get Terra one more which we already have from our first time beating that mode. Perhaps we sort of rotate. Play Blast Ball for an hour then play something else for an hour or so and even something after that.

There's really nothing else that Blast Ball does or has to offer at doing well in it besides these separate paint jobs and being able to have 100% on the save file. Although, there were a couple times it awarded me a mod for campaign use so maybe one would get lucky and acquire a mod they don't have for campaign mode. Still, it's kind of crazy and chaotic with some different elements of strategy that I'm willing to spend a bit more time on it with a human squad at least.