Author Topic: Will there be a game and watch revival?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline SatansNemesis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Will there be a game and watch revival?
« on: October 10, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »
Think about the DS compared to the old dual screen G&W games. I'm willing to bet that we will at the least get a collection or two of G&W games. But what could be really awesom is having a Game and Watch DS with a lot of entirely new games. Imagine the type of G&W style games they could create with the touch screen and mic. Could be very interesting.

What are your thoughts about the potential for G&W on DS?
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
RE: Will there be a game and watch revival?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 03:35:54 PM »
The only way I would buy it is if they included ALL of the old G&W games, their GBC counterparts, and a bunch of new games and updates to the old ones.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 07:41:59 PM »
I have no doubts Nintendo are already way ahead of you. They'll throw together another sloppy port of G&W games for DS, that use both screens. These games will be very exciting like Manhole, which they've only ported 400 times to GB, GBC and GBA. Only a limited selection will be on the DS cartridge, because G&W games are hardcore and consume lots of space. It will retail for full price.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 02:56:57 AM »
Also NAL will come to the party and advertise it in the place of other games with more retail power.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 09:34:03 AM »
Considering how many titles are on G&W Gallery 4 it seems kind of redundant to release another G&W.  Of course that probably means they WILL release a DS one which is too bad because the GBA game is perfectly playable on it.  I would rather Nintendo work on a collection of original G&W style games that use the stylus.  I think the DS lends itself well to small high score driven games.  There's just no need to remake old ones.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Will there be a game and watch revival?
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 09:55:21 AM »
Ian Sane:

Nintendo is already doing that.  Look at all the mini games in Super Mario 64 DS.  There are at least 20 mini games that use the touch screen.  And it is just another little bonus Nintendo is adding to there "port" of Super Mario 64.  

I would rather Nintendo do something like that then create G&W games.  

Look if you want fun Mini Games buy Super Mario 64 DS.  It will be filled with fun mini games.

If you need more mini games, wait until Mario Party DS comes out...which you know it will, and you have even more G&W type games.

I was once upset with Nintendo releasing only 1 first party game at launch.  I am not anymore, because Nintendo has put So much into this Mario game that it is the only game you will need at launch.  I will be playing this one game for MONTHS...possible the entire year.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 09:58:30 AM »
"There are at least 20 mini games that use the touch screen."

There looks to be 8 per character so it may be as much as 32... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
RE:Will there be a game and watch revival?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 12:50:49 PM »
Thats what I was hopping for, a collection of "next generation" G&W games, though you are right, M64DS looks to cover that area really well. Getting that along with one of the launch racing games (wichever turns out better).
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]