Author Topic: What games do you never get tired of?  (Read 12160 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: What games do you never get tired of?
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
Not every Mortal Kombat...but most of them. Maybe I should be more specific: Mortal Komabt 1-Gold, then the new one.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chiramii

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »
Most of the games I can think of are pretty old, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, F-Zero GX and the Amiga version of Pang (called Buster Bros. in the US I believe).
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
Not every Mortal Kombat...but most of them. Maybe I should be more specific: Mortal Komabt 1-Gold, then the new one.

Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon were all fine games as well. In fact, I'd rank Deception pretty high within the franchise, goofy new characters aside.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »
Any 2D Metroidvania (Symphony of the Night and onward)... can't put them down until I beat them. Same for Super Metroid and Prime 1, 2, 3.

Civ 5.

Diablo 2 and 3.

Original Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: the Adventures of Link.

I never get sick of Chrono Trigger.

I used to love Tetrinet, now it seems hard to find a server where people still play it.

Resident Evil 4!!!!
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »

Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon were all fine games as well. In fact, I'd rank Deception pretty high within the franchise, goofy new characters aside.

Yeah I never really got into those, aside from Deadly Alliance. The first time I saw the Quan Chi render on MK5.org I almost shat myself. I guess they just came out too close to each other and weren't different enough.

I remember I went out and bought the Game Informer issue that had Scorpion throwing the spear formward on the cover and uploaded the videos to MK5.org for everyone to see way back in the day (11.5 years ago holy crap!)...gonna see if I still have that DVD somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:08:18 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »
Fire enblem awakening, kid icarus uprising, pokemon ruby version, and gary's mod (steam) ;D
Made you look ****.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
Smash Bros Melee and Brawl.  Set every match with a random stage and items on, and every fight is different.  Never gets old because you never know how each fight is going to turn out.  So many different variables that can go into every match is why I'm a big fan of the random aspects of Smash Bros, because constantly reacting to something different is what makes it so fun.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
I like to replay games so there's probably a long list of games I could play a second or third time and enjoy again. It's a part of why I rarely buy games at full price these days, and haven't for a long time now. Perhaps it's an effect of never having many games growing up.

The big three for me are Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Kart Wii, and Perfect Dark. These are my three most-played games, in this order, and I'm still not stopping. I played a little MKWii just yesterday in fact, and I had another go at Perfect Dark a few weeks back. I actually haven't played SSBMelee in a little while though... I think part of that has to do with its lack of a widescreen mode (something MKWii and PD both have), it's a little annoying to have to play it either stretched out or with grey borders.

Aside from those, there are other games I have played a bit and can still play today. Mario platformers are in the top slots of that list, along with Zelda games. DKC series, Mario Party series, NES Mega Man series, Tetris series, DooM series. For some individual games there are the likes of Super Metroid, Super Smash Brothers N64, Earthbound, Tetrisphere, Final Fantasy VI, Yoshi's Island. There are probably some more too that I can't think of right now...