Author Topic: I'm down for some Mario Kart 7. Anyone want to play some night?  (Read 23566 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: I'm down for some Mario Kart 7. Anyone want to play some night?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »
I'll probably play for a while, so I'll just get started around 11 and see what happens. Did you want to use some sort of text chat?

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »
Yeah, it would probably help to have a place to check in and communicate. We can do so in this thread, in the NWR Chat or NWR Discord. I can access all of those spots.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »
Yeah, it won't be until about midnight EST that I'd be ready to play. If that will work for you, great. If not, I understand and we can try again another night.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
All right, I hopped into the NWR site chat, and I started the game. I hope to see you there!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 12:07:35 AM »
I'm home and getting online.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »
It was fun to meet in a non-forum game, Khushrenada! We had some good races, and no messers or hackers that I saw, so that's always nice.

I checked my playtime after we were done, and it had just reached 68 hours and I still don't have all of the kart parts either. So that should give you an idea how much time it will take you to unlock them all, though with how much you committed to Animal Crossing New Leaf, this'll probably be a light task for you.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:52 AM »
Yes, having thatguy join in was an awesome bonus. Glad we could do this. Thanks for taking me up on my offer even if you are a more experience Kart racer than me. Definitely met my match in the races we played. 

I'm ready to meet up again anytime although it will be better when I get my battery replaced. I've got a new one on order because the one I've got now is really toast. It's having a hard time holding a charge of any kind.

Not sure I'm going to try and collect all the Kart pieces in the game. At this point, all I need are the Gold Kart pieces but they don't do anything special. There are equivalent pieces you can use instead. Their main function seems more about status and accomplishing the feat of acquiring them although I do think they represent the best stats you can get for each Kart piece. As I committed as I was to Animal Crossing, there were also a lot of other activities to engage in at the same time as I was grinding out some of those tasks. Once I reached a point where they were pretty much gone, I've set the game down and haven't gone back despite being close to finishing the badge quest. I kind of focused on acquiring AC Cards and getting sidetracked by that.

MK7 doesn't quite have enough to it to maybe keep me motivated to grind away although playing the online component now for the first time is keeping things a bit fresh but I'm getting tired of seeing a lot of the same courses come up a lot namely the two Rainbow Roads. I was hoping it would be a quick turnaround like in Smash Bros where it only took one or two battles for me to get the online milestones/unlocks but this would require weeks to accomplish and there are other games I'd rather keep playing. I just got back into MK7 by chance and started liking it enough and more than the first time I played the game to stick at it more and start knocking off the quest for 3 star cups. With that almost complete, I'm almost ready to move on. (Actually, I got back into Crosswords 3DS on my recent trip since I wanted something I hoped would be less taxing on the battery and it would be easier to pause and resume play with different interruptions. Now I've been playing that for the past week and haven't touched MK7. My attention: It's fleeting! I have started to move on.)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »
Mario Kart is the kind of game that's easy to jump back into from time to time, so there's no need to grind. Maybe it will happen naturally after some time.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 11:33:54 PM »
Have you returned to haunt me, Mop it up?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »
That was a fun night of racing, Khushrenada! I can certainly see that you have improved since last time, nice job. Funny story about that, I was actually out of town, and had mainly brought my 3DS to see if I would get any StreetPasses at the airport, of which I just got 2, so it was disappointing on that front. I s'pose the 3DS really is winding down in popularity. Anyway, I was bored at night so out of curiosity I decided to connect it to the Wi-Fi and see if anyone was online, I think there was something else I wanted to check too. I then saw you online playing, and it just so happened that the game card in my system was Mario Kart 7. So I figured, why not? It wasn't a very comfortable place to play (I didn't have my Circle Pad Pro XL for example) but it was manageable. I also wasn't sure if the Wi-Fi would be very stable but I had only one DC so it wasn't so bad.