Author Topic: Smash Bros Wii U confirmed for bad  (Read 16575 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Smash Bros Wii U confirmed for bad
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
I know it was a troll thread, its in the fun house for Pete's sake. Doesn't mean you completely believe m2k and that Smash 4 sucks.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 09:32:21 AM »
'I can see the hook and everything but that worm just looks so delicious.'

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »
is that wat u look like.... :Q
Plus how could you not look forward to a New frickin smash bros game!

Its easy, I didn't like the last Smash Bros. game so I am not too hyped about this one. Well I wasn't until they showed Pac-Man then I got a little hyped. I might get it down the road, if I ever get a Wii U but I am not dieing to get one and I will intentionally not get the game at launch even if I have a Wii U by then so as not to look like I got a Wii U just for Smash. But if I could ever find a person I know out in the wild that actually has a Wii U I would play it at their house to try it out.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »
Because one expert guy, who indentified very specific reasons why it will be bad, doesn't like it, doesn't mean the game will be bad. :D

Now you get it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »
On a more serious note to S-U-P-E-R, how is the team that is working on Smash Bros this time around known for there fighter balancing?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »
I believe that the balancing in tekken, from what I've heard, has been pretty good.

I'm assuming they took notes on the e3 demo on things people were complaining about and adjusted accordingly.

heck I'm hearing people who played the pax build say that things are now better.

Imo the biggest balance thing imo to address is how heavy weights are handled compared to in brawl where, as much as I love dedede, it's way too easy to get trapped in a combo from another character just because of all the (I'm sure the competitive players have a better way to call it but still) openings he leaves like the split second between him raising his hammer and swinging it for someone to come in and beat him up.

Even charizard on the Pokemon Trainer has enough attacks that he can let out on a dime that he can just lean on those. but dedede doesn't have that option really.

Dedede just didn't have anything to help him there.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »
With the lag time between 3DS and U I figure even between those versions there be tweaks.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
On a more serious note to S-U-P-E-R, how is the team that is working on Smash Bros this time around known for there fighter balancing?
It is ambiguous as all heck to me as to who is actually doing the combat design. Like, I don't know if it's Nintendo's (well, Sora Ltd's) people, or Namco's people, or both. Even on Brawl, there were like a dozen people listed as "planners" or whatever. Incidentally, that's also why it's bad to attribute the entire game to SAKURAAIIIIIIII as people like to do.

My guess is, it's pretty much the Brawl people, with Namco religated to the models and programming heavy-lifting, so, that is to say their track record is bad. :evil;

On the other hand! I don't think that matters if they have a good process for taking, analyzing, and implementing feedback they're getting on their beta builds. The 3DS version is basically a beta build, right? :faust:

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »
It is ambiguous as all heck to me as to who is actually doing the combat design. Like, I don't know if it's Nintendo's (well, Sora Ltd's) people, or Namco's people, or both. Even on Brawl, there were like a dozen people listed as "planners" or whatever. Incidentally, that's also why it's bad to attribute the entire game to SAKURAAIIIIIIII as people like to do.

My guess is, it's pretty much the Brawl people, with Namco religated to the models and programming heavy-lifting, so, that is to say their track record is bad. :evil;

On the other hand! I don't think that matters if they have a good process for taking, analyzing, and implementing feedback they're getting on their beta builds. The 3DS version is basically a beta build, right? :faust:
Honestly for Competitive play I can't see it not being so.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »
And here's the king himself in action.

Ahh, that pic is an internet classic. All sorts of win happening in this pic.

From teh burger king crown, to the hover hand action, to the surprised look that not only is a girl touching him, but she is has her hands wrapped around him, her boobs are firmly against him and her lips are pressed against his skin.... on his face!!!! OMG look at the panic on his face.

I can only imagine that the black friend just out of pic is telling her that he only dared her to hug him, and that he didn't think she would take it that far.

I'm not 100% sure, but there is a small bulge in his pants at the bottom of the pic. but we'll just pretend that the pocket of his pants and continue to ignore it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »
Which characters are gonna be banned?  I wanna make sure I don't spend any time practicing with them when the game comes out.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 03:46:04 AM »
Characters don't get banned unless they rule. Don't quote me on this, but that has only ever happened to Meta Knight.

Basically, if you can't use it in For Glory mode online, its probably banned. Mii Fighters, custom moves, etc.

What usually gets banned for gimmicky and cheap stages.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 04:20:02 AM »
Which characters are gonna be banned?  I wanna make sure I don't spend any time practicing with them when the game comes out.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Rosalina
Zelda
Dedede
Lucario
Little Mac
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Yoshi
Charizard
Greninja
Ike
Mii Fighter
Palutena
Pac-Man
Captain Falcon
Lucina
Robin
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt Dog
Dark Pit

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Rosalina
Zelda
Dedede
Lucario
Little Mac
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Yoshi
Charizard
Greninja
Ike
Mii Fighter
Palutena
Pac-Man
Captain Falcon
Lucina
Robin
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt Dog
Dark Pit

I checked that list twice and I see Fox McCloud isn't on there. Phew. Star Fox on Final Destination Forever!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 04:16:08 AM »
Looks like they've found a venue for nationals

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2014, 12:49:35 AM »

From teh burger king crown, to the hover hand action, to the surprised look that not only is a girl touching him, but she is has her hands wrapped around him, her boobs are firmly against him and her lips are pressed against his skin.... on his face!!!! OMG look at the panic on his face.

I can only imagine that the black friend just out of pic is telling her that he only dared her to hug him, and that he didn't think she would take it that far.

I'm not 100% sure, but there is a small bulge in his pants at the bottom of the pic. but we'll just pretend that the pocket of his pants and continue to ignore it.

They have the same hair color so it's possible they are brother and sister.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:54:28 AM by Zap »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 07:46:36 AM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/13/super-smash-bros-3ds-players-smacked-1-day-ban-online-playing-peach/

lmao

One of the great things about the online experience in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, which is currently out in Japan, is that Nintendo will actually smack players with a temporary ban for disconnecting too much, or exhibiting poor player behavior such as ganging up on a single opponent in an extreme manner.

The game informs you about that as soon as you step into the world of online. But what it doesn't tell you is that Nintendo will also temporarily ban players they suspect of using cheats in the "For Glory" mode of online play, in which all matches are played tournament-style -- on the Final Destination versions of stages with no items.

At the moment, it appears that if you choose to play as Peach in the For Glory mode online, there is a high chance that you will get banned for using cheats -- due to a bug.

According to a user on the 2ch forums in Japanese (translated by us):

Q. After playing as Peach in the For Glory online mode, I was smacked with a 1-day ban on suspicion of dishonest play...

A. It's a bug that has been reported by quite a number of players. The exact details are unclear at this moment, but it appears that if you were to use Peach's down+B attack (move that pulls out turnips) near the start of the battle, the game erroneously sees it as you've illegally brought an equipped item into the match -- that's the most valid explanation that the community can come up with, for now.

It's best that payers forgo using Peach in the For Glory mode for now.

Q. How long will the ban last?

A. The ban will last 1440 minutes, or effectively, for one full day.

Do note that although Peach's down+B move is currently suspected as the main culprit for the ban, it is at best a theory, and may not be the actual cause of the ban.

After all, Peach is not the only character who can pull out an item for throwing at her opponents. Link's down+B, for instance, is another similar move that lets him pull out a bomb -- but the bug does not affect Link players.

The current theory players have come up with is that Link's bomb is not something you can equip as an item in Customize mode, whereas Peach can pull out regular items.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »

They have the same hair color so it's possible they are brother and sister.

All white people look alike anyway.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 11:51:23 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/13/super-smash-bros-3ds-players-smacked-1-day-ban-online-playing-peach/

lmao

Do note that although Peach's down+B move is currently suspected as the main culprit for the ban, it is at best a theory, and may not be the actual cause of the ban.

After all, Peach is not the only character who can pull out an item for throwing at her opponents. Link's down+B, for instance, is another similar move that lets him pull out a bomb -- but the bug does not affect Link players.

The current theory players have come up with is that Link's bomb is not something you can equip as an item in Customize mode, whereas Peach can pull out regular items.
Well everyone just spams her side-b anyways so who cares.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:53:33 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »
'ey S-U-P-E-R, wanna see my Little Mac? 8)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »
I'm gonna main Lil Mac too.
Me and Doc will train to be the best.

I'll be one of a million
but nevermind the rest

With the eye of the tiger
and the heart of a beast

I'll be your #1 Focus....
The one you strive to beat

you'll have to pass my test
....or lay at my feet.

Cause now that I'm a Smash Brother
I can't accept defeat.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
so the latest tier list for melee came out.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »
Hey grandson, come over and show me how to use this internets box. I clicked the purple monkey and now I think I have a virus!!!! - Nintendo

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »
It's called the 'git gud' ban.

It happens if the game thinks you're so bad you'd need 130 years of practice to get as good as everyone else.