Author Topic: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1  (Read 408581 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1
« Reply #1550 on: June 18, 2015, 08:50:21 AM »
As far as Tifa goes, I expect her to look like she did in Advent Children in which she was far more modestly endowed.

I'm expecting a complete makeover with full 3D backgrounds instead of the prendered ones. Basically, the way Cloud was walking through Midgar in the trailer is what to expect. Essentially, the only things that won't change are the overall story and the basics of the gameplay. Square Enix probably won't force players to watch all 37 minutes of Knights of the Round every time.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 18, 2015, 08:57:14 AM »
As far as Tifa goes, I expect her to look like she did in Advent Children in which she was far more modestly endowed.

I'm expecting a complete makeover with full 3D backgrounds instead of the prendered ones. Basically, the way Cloud was walking through Midgar in the trailer is what to expect. Essentially, the only things that won't change are the overall story and the basics of the gameplay. Square Enix probably won't force players to watch all 37 minutes of Knights of the Round every time.

And that's exactly the kind of update the game needs.  Something that gives players the option to speed-up or skip thigs that look awesome at first, but elongate battles unnecessarily as you continue spamming it + mime against Emerald Weapon.

That's really what'll be make or break about the game to me.  The changes need to be things that improve the flow of the game without breaking the materia system or story much.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 18, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »
I enjoyed the cross-dressing section because it was silly. Felt repetitive doing it more then once, but funny first time around. I'm just irritated by people's attitude towards it where it is their biggest, and I mean BIGGEST, concern. To the point that if they did make a change to it, then they would not buy the game. I mean seriously, a hour long process is what makes or breaks it for you? If that is the case, you want this game for the wrong reasons.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 18, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »
My guess is the rabid fans are using the cross-dressing segment as a lynch-pin into expectations of how much will change with the game.  It's a silly little thing that they've focused on, but maybe they are concerned if Square would remove that from the game, then all bets are off as to what else they'll tamper with for the sake of making the game thematically different.

It is probably one of the more bizarre parts of the game, that's for sure.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:19 AM »
I think they are just being irrational my self. *shrugs*

Story wise, I just want them to expand and that is it. No changing anything to drastic except for the dialogue that didn't make sense. More places to go, bosses, to fight, summons, etc, etc. Maybe fight the Sapphire Weapon and don't have it die?

How Cloud's personality will turn out, I have no idea. SE really like him as "emo edgey badass" which he was nothing like in the game, even when he was insane.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 18, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
FF7 may be the big hit but actually FF8 is the start of the modern Square style.  FF7 actually has more in common with the FF games that came before it then the ones that followed.  With the exception of FF9, which is an intentional throwback, the character style of all the main FF games from 8 onwards look like they could be from the same game.  FF7's graphics look more anime in style, like the in-game graphics of the 2D games.  And this is going to enforce that kind of "standard" post-FF8 design style on a game that didn't really have it.  It might not work as well as one would hope and some of the goofier stuff like Cloud's crossdressing may look weird.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 29, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
So the PS4 is at over 30 million sales, still outselling the PS2 (the best selling console of all time). Could they do it again?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/29/ps4-sales-still-outpacing-ps2-closing-in-on-30-million (that's as of last month, I've sure they've sold 700,000 this month)
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 29, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »
Personally I don't think it'll have the longevity that PS2 had with it's DVD capabilities, but I would love to be proven wrong.

« Reply #1558 on: October 30, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
I think DVD only gave them an edge for the first year or two then after that it was a non-factor. If they are doing this well now and DVD isn't at all an issue (it doesn't even play DVD's without an update) then I think it could manage to outsell the PS2. It has the hype for sure and with FF7 remake coming, plus all the new games they are working on. If they could find a way to get BC with PS1 an PS2 fully compatible then they would have a real shot too.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 03, 2015, 11:33:58 AM »
Welp...I just bought a PS4...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

« Reply #1560 on: November 04, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »
Welp...I just bought a PS4...

Welcome to the club man. I hope you enjoy it. I got mine just months after getting my Wii U but I have no regrets with either console.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
Might have wanted to wait until next Saturday. $299 w/ free game at Sam's Club.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 04, 2015, 10:53:19 PM »
Might have wanted to wait until next Saturday. $299 w/ free game at Sam's Club.

I got the Uncharted bundle for 250 after trading in my PS3. Worth it for me.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 06, 2015, 12:05:35 AM »
Wow, that PSX, Sony's going for the kill. 

Some more PC remakes of Tim Schafer games plus two  Psychonauts games planned (one VR and other being funded kick starter).

Nioh, a njnja gaiden type game by Team Ninja, looked great.  Hopefully Team Ninja leaves out the QTE this time.

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom by Level 5--hell yeah, Sony's answer to Pokémon, loved the first one (well actually the second one since there was an Japanese DS game that was never released in the states).

King of Fighters XIV.  I'm not a big fighting fan but Sony's locking down some serious fighting muscle this gen, first it took SFV, now KoF, and some say Tekken 7 is going be exclusive? 

And lastly you have all of Sony's inhouse games like Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, MLB the Show, and all those VR demos. 

Damn, easily the best PSX in years. 

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 06, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »
Don't forget PS2 games on PS4 with trophy support, even if the games are overpriced and it's B.S. that games you already own on PS3 don't get discounted for the PS4 version.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 07, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »
So Final Fantasy VII remake is going to be episodic. I'm sorry, but this is hilarious for me.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 07, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
I love that the obnoxious, whiny FF7 fanboys who bitched for years about demanding a remake are finally getting exactly what they deserve.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 07, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »
I think they're also going to discover just how timeless the story, scenario, and characters actually are when those elements are dumped out into the 2018-2025 video game market.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 07, 2015, 10:11:20 PM »
I don't get what's so funny about the game being episodic. Is it because people have to pay more?

I wonder if there will be a retail version. The remake looks cool, but I know it's something I probably wouldn't play because I'm lazy and it takes me forever to get around to games (especially RPGs). I just finally got around to making some progress in Majora's Mask 3D.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 08, 2015, 12:27:38 AM »
Based on Cloud joining SSB, I think it'll eventually get released for the NX. Or not.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 08, 2015, 08:43:50 AM »
When gamers see the word "episodic", they tend to panic. Not to mention the concept of this FF7 remake being episodic has so much wrong. If SE had put out a quality FF game JRPG in the past few years, I might have more faith that they could pull this out of their ass. But hey, the terrible fanbase wants to gouge their eyes out over this. That is what I think is funny.

« Reply #1571 on: December 08, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
I lost interest in the game when I heard they were revamping the battle system. Episodic on the other hand isn't a big deal because the game was like that already in a way, it spanned 3 discs and each disc had it's own portion of the story, playing it that way might be the only way to relive the retro feel of this game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 08, 2015, 01:42:47 PM »
I find these days, especially with Japanese companies, that if you want some old series or game revisited there is a major risk it won't be in the way you would like.  Making it episodic and changing the battle system to something real time?  Yeah, that's typical modern tinkering done to attract a modern audience that doesn't even give a **** about the source material in the first place.  The only thing missing was to make it mobile and change the setting so that it takes place in a high school and the female characters clothes fall off to show damage and their boobs get bigger as they level up.

You can ask for a sequel to this or a remake of that but you have no idea how the company is going to monkey paw your request.  Square Enix ain't aiming for FF VII fans with this.  They're aiming for a contemporary Japanese audience and that audience doesn't jive as well with Western tastes as it did in the 90's.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 08, 2015, 05:26:34 PM »
I don't think that's in any way specific to Japan. Any attempt to bring back an old property has to walk a fine line between changing too little and making alterations that upset the people you were trying to appeal to in the first place
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #1574 on: December 08, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
This is different than revisiting an old retro game long forgotten though, this is an iconic game in a long running series that gets new editions all the time. Square knows who the audience is for this and they also know that we are all going to buy it no matter how much the collective internet might bitch about it.