Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165559 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4500 on: February 03, 2021, 02:12:56 PM »
I'm wondering if this is also a way to attempt to handle the loss of Chadwick Boseman. I can't think of an easy way to deal with his loss jumping straight into BP2, so maybe this helps build up towards the sequel. There are also rumors that Letitia Wright (Shuri) might get recast/removed because of her comments on Covid vaccines, so they may be attempting to build up a new cast.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: February 04, 2021, 01:28:28 AM »
Well, unless they started prepping filming of the show secretly months ago, and plan to release it sometime next year.... I don't think it will lead into BP2.

BP2 is supposed to start filming this summer for release in early 2023? or was it late 2022?

either way, I welcome a deeper view in to the World of Wakanda.
and I doubt Shuri gets recast, but we'll see.
I'm sure her publicist told her to STFU, and all of that will have died down long before the movie ever comes out. No one will really remember... as I'm sure most of either don't remember what was said, or never even knew she said something controversial in the first place.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4502 on: February 04, 2021, 05:06:16 AM »
BlacknMild:  True but those plans were before Chadwick passed away.  So they had to restart the writing process.  Perhaps in the making of the movie, they decided that a series would be better?  I mean honestly, the World of Wakanda would have a HUGE power vacuum after losing 2 leaders in such a short time...not to mention that the War for the Infinity Stones did not erase all the deaths spent defending Vision from Thanos, so the country lost probably thousands of warrior in that battle. 

I think a series exploring the Wakanda without the Black Panther would be great...like the flowers were burned save the one that helped the Black Panther get his powers back.  So what there is zero flowers for the power to be transferred and our Black Panther except for the suit was the last?  What if without the flower it is decided Wakanda doesn't need a single hero anymore?  How would the society change?  That would be a fun story.  It could end with the realization that Wakanda truly does need a new Black Panther, and a new one emerges and we don't know the identity of the hero.  Second season could explore the mystery to figure out who is the Panther.  Revealing the secret at the end...or midway depending on if they want a 3rd season.  3rd season could be the new mantel being earned and respected by all including the outside community. 

Sure this could easily be a single season show, but it could be extended.  I honestly would rather have less Marvel movies except for event movies and more Marvel TV shows.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: February 04, 2021, 09:23:03 AM »
I think a series is a great idea, but what I mean is that Black Panther 2 is going to start filming in July of this year.

I have no idea when this show was planned for, but it was just announced. It's very well likely that they already have a script for a season of the show in the works, and may start filming it during/after the movie.
There is a chance that it could be a short series to deal with the politics and emotions of losing T'Challa, not once, but twice. There's even a possibility that it may come out prior to the movie, depending on when that is even supposed to release. Next year is already jam packed with MCU (although I welcome more shows more than 1 episode of something once a week), so I'm not sure where they try to fit it in.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4504 on: February 04, 2021, 07:23:32 PM »
I understand.  I just wonder if perhaps just maybe the plans for Black Panther 2 got evolved after that filming announcement.  Maybe it is the series instead of a movie that will start filming then?  I also don't think everything announced will actually show next year, but honestly Disney + needs more.  A new series a week like you said is not enough to keep people subscribed. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: February 05, 2021, 02:07:30 PM »
And with how things are being pushed back on the MCU film front (we may see Black widow delayed yet again) they may delay the start of some new films as well as things continue to back up on the release side.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:58:52 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: February 08, 2021, 03:26:12 PM »
I've decided that what I need is multiple MCUTV shows on D+ at the same time, all seemingly unrelated to any particular upcoming event.... until there's a single thread that somehow ties them all together.
I want a Show that airs on Sun, one on Tues, and another on Fri, and at some point come together like "The Defenders" or the yearly Arrowverse Crossovers, but Good.

actually... now that I liken it to the Arrowverse, I changed my mind. That may be TOO MUCH MCU.
even too much of a good thing can be bad for you. scratch that idea.
Although I would still like more than 1 show on at a time. Tuesdays and Fridays or something. 1 ep a week when we are used to binge culture on streaming, all while having been deprived of content for over a year, is hard.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4509 on: February 08, 2021, 04:30:51 PM »
I don't mind the one episode a week.  If they can keep the content coming, then I'm all for it.

Multiple shows would be nice, and make for a good way to keep me engaged, but I'd probably just watch both over the weekend and have to avoid being online in some areas until I did.  So, the Friday drops work great for me in a way where mid-week drops would not.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: February 08, 2021, 09:19:53 PM »
Its tough, because on one hand, I'd love more content at once, but on the other it could become overwhelming and exhausting like it did for Arrowverse. It will also create a form of FOMO (fear of missing out) because of how rampant spoilers are across the internet. I'm also wondering if we as a fandom can collectively maintain the excitement levels long-term in a television format. With films you had one every few months or more so there was time to digest, decompress, and theorize. Now with the breakneck speed of one a week I see the youtubers struggling to keep up. Just watched an episode of FilmTheory about WandaVision that is already a bit out of date from 4-days ago and even that video had to be edited with corrections/updates from an episode that aired during the post-production.

Add more MCU shows to the mix and your interest as a viewer gets fatigued. ALSO add in other shows you want to keep up on and it gets even more daunting. I intent to follow the Star Wars shows as well so its already feeling like a LOT of television content from just one outlet, not even considering other outlets like Amazon and Netflix. Something is going to give eventually for me at the very least. I try hard to avoid spoilers but it gets harder and harder as shoddy journalism and youtubers vie for your attention by slipping spoilers into headlines and thumbnails. I've already blocked nearly every geek/nerd/fandom site on my Google Now news feed app in an attempt to protect myself. Its going to just become exhausting at some point like it did for Arrow, and once you take a break, it will become more overwhelming to try and catch up in the proper viewing order.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4511 on: February 09, 2021, 02:38:43 AM »
I am busy so I can handle only following 2 or 3 shows a week at most.  So right now having a single show I want to watch is nice.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: February 10, 2021, 10:10:55 AM »
I just saw that Sports Center was trying to tie into Westview Programming!!!

https://twitter.com/JRB_Direct/status/1359332625870180353?s=20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: February 19, 2021, 09:46:22 AM »
All the Netflix Marvel characters have now reverted back to Marvel Studios, and Feige is free to cameo them as he sees fit.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-studios-punisher-jessica-jones-mcu-netflix/

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4514 on: February 19, 2021, 09:50:11 AM »
I would love a She-Hulk series that has her doing court battles with Matt Murdock, but never mention or deal with the fact he is obviously Dare Devil or like they are just professional Lawyers doing their jobs...and don't even deal with She-Hulk even being a Hulk and fighting crime...that would just be a really funny concept to me.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4515 on: February 24, 2021, 01:42:51 PM »
It's official: Spider-Man: No Way Home, in theatres this Christmas.

https://twitter.com/SpiderMan/status/1364632206765817856?s=20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 24, 2021, 02:10:25 PM »
That title worries me.  "Homecoming" was a nod that Spider-Man was coming home to Marvel.

"No Way Home" makes me think this might be it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 24, 2021, 03:51:01 PM »
was that on the list....?

I was gonna post a few hour ago about how Holland was teasing other titles...
but work got in the way, and I'm just now free to see the real title got released.

there was a third one too... Home Slice

but I just went back and checked the most recent list, and No Way Home wasn't on there....

As for other news in the land of MCU, Loki's series got moved to Jun 11th (should we expect a Black Widow delay?)

and insider knowledge states that Eternals is better than even Feige expected, and my interpretation of that is that maybe Feige gets his first Best Picture Award?

pre-post edit2:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 04:02:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4518 on: February 24, 2021, 04:22:22 PM »
That "Eternals" news is how you hype a movie.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:06 PM »
And think of all the extra post production time these movies have.... I expect the CGI to be TOP NOTCH in these movies.

And something like The Eternals was probably heavy on the CG to begin with. Better be eye poppingly beautiful and nearly undiscernible from reality. That's what the MCU budget and 8+ extra months, and access to the best graphics house in the business should buy you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: February 25, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »
I'm sure you all have seen the No Way Home reveal video?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLrwIoAll9U/?igshid=1g1asrj2d9x7c

but I post that, to focus on this:

all the jokes, and the hexes....
hexagons all over the place....  (WandaVIsion reference?)

and then the Puerto Rico shape around the title....

I'm sure that's just a coincidence, but what if it's a Miles Morales reference?

some off the top of my head speculation real quick....
Since we dealing w/ the Multi-verse, and rumors of past Spidey's making an appearance, and the fact that we know Sony wants Spidey to cross over into their "VenomVerse", what if the title is literally the shocker at the end of Spidey getting sucked into the VenomVerse and not being able to make it back to the MCU?

Also Holland's MCU contract ends w/ NWH, and Miles is super popular... so additional speculations:
What if Miles makes his appearance in the MCU in the MCU Spider-verse, and crosses back to the Venomverse w/ Holland (what if the miles that crosses over from the cartoon Spiderverse, but becomes real in the MCU) what if!!!! what if that is how Sony crosses all it's spidey's up to work throughout the upcoming VenomVerse of Spidey characters and boost the upcoming animated Spidey to all be part of it?
/speculation

i think it sounds terrible.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 25, 2021, 04:34:34 PM »
The title certainly sounds like a convenient setup to write Spider-Man out of the MCU as Sony bets on itself and Marvel bets against Sony's ability to make a competent live-action Spider-Man. Marvel has every reason to believe Sony is going to futz everything up again and will eventually return to the table from an even weaker position. Tom Holland recently stated Marvel and Sony worked something out, but does anyone tell him anything anymore?

Then again, Far From Home referred to both the school trip and Mysterio supposedly coming from a different universe so maybe No Way Home is a red herring. Or someone gets trapped in the MCU universe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 26, 2021, 08:37:24 AM »
edit: Wong Thread.

just a warning.

Post Credit Scene in WandaVision today.
*Minor spoiler scenes and characters from the comics are are being brought to life to the screen but not really a spoiler*

Marvel Studios is showing all the other creators how it's done. Staying true to the source, while reinvisioning it for modern storytelling, and keeping it all connected, with a budget and platform to do it justice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:43:44 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 26, 2021, 12:14:09 PM »
With an insane budget that isn't within the norms of a television show from my limited understanding.

I was under the impression Disney essentially wrote Marvel Studios a blank check for the first round of d+ shows...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 26, 2021, 09:59:14 PM »
They did, and it's needed to get the material and the continuity justice, unfortunately.

But they make the money back hand over fist, so it's all worth it. MCUTV on D+ is probably pre funded for the first 4 years on the profits of just Infinity War, not to mention Endgame.