Author Topic: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 6.  (Read 10526 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 6.
« on: November 29, 2021, 01:12:45 AM »
With all the death that had happened over the past few years, no one was much in the mood to celebrate anything as the year progressed. That is why Mayor Khushrenada was so surprised to receive an invitation in the mail about something being called the Good Buddy Festival. It was being sent by someone many may have considered the spirit of Shady Village, BooOrder.Rss. Intrigued, Khushrenada headed over to his property.

“Welcome to the Festival,” BooOrder.RSS said when Khushrenada arrived. After they sat down in the backyard porch area, BooOrder.RSS then announced, “I’d like you to meet a few friends of mine.” Khushrenada turned and gasped in shock as he saw two villainous figures step out of BooOrder.RSS’s house and also join them on the porch. Khushrenada knew Old Man Winter from when he killed Jamie and Mr. Spring who had stopped by to see him after the death of TOPHATANT123. “W-w-w-what are you doing here?” Khushrenada asked nervously. “Why, we live here. We’re long time friends of BooOrder.RSS,” Winter explained as smiled menacingly. Khushrenada’s brain began furiously thinking hard and connecting the dots as to why no one could ever figure out where the villains came from or why they could never figure out where they were hiding. BooOrder.RSS had been harboring them this whole time. But why? And what was the purpose of now bringing the Mayor into their clutches. Wasn’t there anything that could be done to stop them?

Suddenly, there was a sound of breaking glass and a voice cried out: “WAH-HA-HAAAA! Waluigi Time!!” Everyone turned to see that Wah had leapt out from BooOrder.RSS’s Anemone greenhouse. “I’m a-gonna stop these Mafia cheaters because Waluigi number one and you’re lousy!” he declared and then added, “I’ve trained this pack of raccoons to sniff out and attack lousy cheaters like you because I’m the best! Evil schemes are my specialty! Wah-ha-h…..”

But Wah’s laugh was cut short as Old Man Winter, Mr. Spring, and Order.RSS suddenly pulled out guns from their pockets and fired away at Wah. Yet, the surprised weren’t over yet as nickmitch suddenly also emerged from out of Order.RSS’s greenhouse and provided the final coup-de-grace and shot Wah in the back. “Awww, I lost,” he cried out as he fell to the ground and began to bleed out. Everyone was startled at the sound of smashing glass as Wah’s raccoons now burst forth out of the greenhouse and looked around snarling at everyone. “Is everyone in your greenhouse?” Khushrenada asked Order.RSS while being continually shocked at everything unfolding around. After surveying the scene, the raccoons then rapidly raced to Wah and began attacking and devouring him. “Oh, come on!” he cried out at the irony of the raccoons attacking the lousy cheater like he had trained them to do. Then, after getting their fill, they all scattered off in separate directions. And so another regular townie, this time Wah, had also now been killed.

Nickmitch then walked over and sat down on the porch. However, the interruptions were not over yet for running around Order.RSS’s house came Luigi Dude. “Mayor, mayor! There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you. I did it! Id did it! I got a panda and yak to breed and have created a new species!!! Take a look at this,” he spoke excitedly and in a hurry and then pulled out a strange hairy lifeform from out of the box he was carrying. Continuing on, Luigi Dude added, “With this, we can get all kinds of publicity and save Shady Village. No mafia will be able to operate here now with all the media attention this will bring our village. I call it….”

Luigi Dude did not finish that sentence as a knife was lodged in his throat. Seconds later, another knife suddenly appeared in the panda-yak hybrid which let out an ungodly squee before it also died. Khushrenada turned behind him to see Mr. Spring holding a couple knives which he then put in his pocket. He grinned menacingly at Khushrenada and simply said, “You can also call me Throw Galley.” Thus ended the life of Luigi Dude, a regular townie who did irregular things with animals.

“I hope that’s the last of any more interruptions,” Old Man Winter spoke coldly, “This story is getting much too long already. ;) You may be wondering why it is that BooOrder.RSS (here’s hoping he gets a better username after this) and nickmitch are so willing to help me out. It turns out that the anemone plants Order.RSS is so fond of actually produce a hypnotic narcotic that can be used to control the minds of other people. I only realized this a couple years ago when I was talking to him in disguise. We were having a disagreement on the price of sweet corn I was selling and I told him to go jump in a lake and he did. Turns out, he’d been around the plants so much they had already affected his mind and there was nothing he could do about it. Thus, I’ve been using his place as a base of operations and have found a way to harvest this hypnotic narcotic to allow me to mass produce it and enact the final stage of my plan for Shady Village. Let’s go to the Dining Room, shall we?”

The five people then rose from the porch and went to the Dining Room. No sooner had they got there then suddenly Mr. Spring cut down Order.RSS and nickmitch who collapsed dead at the table. Yet, they were not the only dead people at the table. Khushrenada was aghast in terror at the scene laid out before him as the remains of various residents of Shady Village lay scattered about the table and room. “Welcome to my Harvest Party,” declared Winter. He then took off his hat and casually tossed it aside to a chair in the room. “You know,” he said chillingly, “Old Man Winter is really more the moniker of my father who first made this into a Mafia Town and it doesn’t really suit me. You can just call me ThePerm. Welcome to Shady Village’s greatest crop: people! It’s not fish or flowers or vegetables. The best thing about Shady Village is the people. Wouldn’t you agree, Mr. Spring?”

Yes, sir, I do,” Mr. Spring cheerfully replied as he stuck a fork into nickmitch and cut off a slice, “Mmm. Delicious.”

Khushrenada wanted to scream but all he could do was throw up. This Mr. Spring was some kind of insano-lord! But, lo! ThePerm then also joined him by tasting a bit of Order.RSS! ThePerm then continued, “From now on, Shady Village is going to focus on producing a high population of people which we will then use to make a new foodstuff out of which we alone will control and make billions from. With the hypnotic narcotic, people will be as docile as cattle as we grow them and put them through our farming system here.”

“This is insanity!” Khushrenada cried out in disbelief, “It’ll never work!”

“Oh it’ll work because we’ll have you as the public face of Shady Village and you’ll be able to divert any prying eyes by acting as a shield for us,” ThePerm countered.

“I’ll never do that,” Khushrenada declared.

“I think Order.RSS’s anemone’s say differently,” ThePerm cooly replied as he took out what looked like a cologne bottle and then spritzed the contents into Khushrenada’s face.

ONE YEAR LATER

The next year, Joja Mart’s across the country began offering a new wonder product: Shady Village Soylent Green. A tasty new product designed to give people the complete nutrition they needed that was environmentally friendly. It sold like gangbusters and soon was being featured in stores all over the world. While many wondered what was the secret behind this new culinary marvel, to date no one has yet been able to discover what it is….
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:22:26 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 6.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 01:20:14 AM »
Announcement Post

Previous Year’s Results:

Dead

Wah – Regular Townie (Killed by Vote)
Luigi Dude – Regular Townie (Killed by Mafia)

Wait a minute. That means there are 4 players left and two are townies and two are mafia so......

That means THIS GAME IS OVER!! It's a

MAFIA WIN!!

Congratulations to:

ThePerm - Godfather (Old Man Winter)
NWR_insanolord - Mafia Goon 1 (Mr. Spring)
stevey - Mafia Goon 2 (Sir Summer)
Crimm - Mafia Goon 3 (Miss Autumn)

Those are your winners for Mafia 87!

The remaining players were:

nickmitch - Regular Townie
Order.RSS- Regular Townie

I hope you were able to have some fun with the game and I hope you can make it for the next one. It won't be until January 2022 as we find out if some days you feel like a purple pikmin. Until then, feel free to post all you want about this current game and who you want to Vedetta for next time!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 01:24:55 AM »
Not the original ending I had for the story but then ThePerm sent me this piece of artwork about his coming victory which I loved and decided to try and use it as a basis for the ending. Not sure if cannibalism was the direction he expected but with people on display for a Harvest Festival and the horror-like vibe, it just seemed to be the place it led me when doing up the finale.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 01:43:54 AM »
The last version I sent Khushrenada was a giant uncompressed image, which might be why its shrunken down.

I tested on my computer and phone, and it didn't fit the frame.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 02:07:02 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 01:54:13 AM »
If you click on the image in the story post, it will enlarge to its giant self. I put some size tags to it so that it would show up without overwhelming the page. Maybe I could make it a bit larger but I figured you'd post another version like you have to let the people see things more clearly. I really loved how well you made Dave Nelson look like a psycho killer. I guess Matthew finally drove him over the edge.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 01:59:57 AM »
Good game Mafia. 

It was a shame that Insanolord wasn't voted for to have all the players out of the game that voted out Mop it up.  Also with Bungle investigating Perm on the 3rd day and showing up townie that pretty much sealed the townies fate. 

Was there another townie alliance after I died because I checked and there was no activity after Bungle joined it?   I would imagine so and that likely is how the Mafia got in and killed TopHatAnt123 and seal the fate of the townies.

That said Perm and Insanolord vendeta for the next few games. Perm for killing me and pokepal and Insanolord for just being you.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 02:26:02 AM »
If you click on the image in the story post, it will enlarge to its giant self. I put some size tags to it so that it would show up without overwhelming the page. Maybe I could make it a bit larger but I figured you'd post another version like you have to let the people see things more clearly. I really loved how well you made Dave Nelson look like a psycho killer. I guess Matthew finally drove him over the edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKUQjaZF55o

I couldn't find that same picture with Dave Foley with a knife, Reverse image search came up with "White collar worker" So, I typed it, and got him with an axe instead, which is better.

Crimm's photo took some detective work. He never got back to me in time. Reverse image search didn't work. So I enlarged the photo and then tried reverse image search and got a hit that time.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6867316,135.8367246,3a,75y,287.17h,59.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjQ7KpmTLUIIVOSRGyXeyUw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I then found a facebook page with several clear images.

I then used a deep learning algorithm to help me draw it, because I didn't want to spend hours tracing it. I had it copy my style though. Then I touched it up.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 03:38:31 AM »
Was there another townie alliance after I died because I checked and there was no activity after Bungle joined it?   I would imagine so and that likely is how the Mafia got in and killed TopHatAnt123 and seal the fate of the townies.

Order.RSS was kind of pulling the strings with the townie alliance toward the end, but Perm and I managed to infiltrate it. Perm especially, who got investigated early and showed as a townie, had their full trust, and I managed to throw off suspicion just enough.

That said Perm and Insanolord vendeta for the next few games. Perm for killing me and pokepal and Insanolord for just being you.

I'll take that as a compliment.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 03:57:27 AM »
Congrats to ThePerm & Insano! After the MASB fiasco I remarked to someone it felt more like we were losing to ourselves than the Mafia, but that'd be selling your efforts short.

Thanks to Khush for hosting again. Hope one day you get to play again. I'd probably be down to host another time after Bshy.

Nickmitch did spot ThePerm's deception, so we tried to engineer a situation where we could pivot to anyone with a last-second rug-pull.
Unfortunately Luigi Dude never put a vote down on ThePerm to give us the 3 votes required, and we weren't sure enough to count on either Wah or Insano.
Nickmitch suggested we switch our votes to Insano, but by the time I was convinced the 90 minutes had elapsed and we weren't gonna tamper with the votes just because Khush wasn't around to call it yet.

The lesson I should probably learn: stop getting tricked by Mafia members so easily. Kudos to Perm for a mostly naturally chatty voice throughout.

The lesson I will learn instead: vote out inactive players early. MASB, Luigi Dude, and Wah (all Townies!!!) were my primary suspects because they had no voting record.
If someone never votes, then suddenly does, and things go poorly (like MASB on Bungle) it looks like a Mafia bandwagoning.
The lack of data means we're left to guess at people's motivations, and in Mafia it's easier to read inaction as hostile -- because it implies being fine with the current state of affairs, which in these games is almost invariably the Townies getting hammered early on.
We can't be going into the final Day not knowing 4/6 identities. At that point we might as well throw a dart or take a gamble on the randomizer.

Not trying to blame others when I made 4(!) consecutive errors which lost us the game. I get it, everyone is swamped with work/family/other responsibilities. I missed the first Day too and didn't have time to think of a new gimmick/avatar/etc. as usual either.

But I do feel I've never played a more transparently obvious Townie before, so for the feedback to still be mostly deafening silence means I'll need to rethink how I approsch future games.

Crimm's photo took some detective work. He never got back to me in time. Reverse image search didn't work. So I enlarged the photo and then tried reverse image search and got a hit that time.

Perhaps you already tried it, but I find TinEye search sometimes is a decent supplement to google reverse image when looking for larger images based on a cropped subsection.
Great collage btw!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 05:00:59 AM »
There was a lot said about the machinations of the mafia in the game, and a lot of it wasn't that deep.

I almost didn't mess with the harvest items at all. I've never played a harvest moon game, so I'm not even familiar with the series. I only just tried it and hit that bribe jackpot.

Ya'll didn't think the guy handing the mayor bribes wasn't in the Mafia?

Year 1
I encouraged the bandwagon against mop it up, while publicly saying people shouldn't vote for her. The first vote doesn't matter much.

I hit poképal128 because his posts reminded me of internet spam. I also thought it would be funny to close up his shop. All those hopes and dream. I would have sent some goons to his shop for collection, but this was easier. I kind of knew it would turn into the dead thread.

Year 2
I hit Beautifulshy because she was so damn active. I did not pay attention to her letters or anything like that. She just posted a lot. I was also getting confused of Beautifulshy and Tophatant because their icons have the same character. I didn't want the confusion so I got rid of one of them. I had changed my vote a few times in the middle of the night because I thought if I voted for her. I'd wake up to find a bandwagon against me. Bonus though we took out an extra person with Stratos. The votes were stacked against Crimm too, so we couldn't do anything for him without looking suspicious.

Year 3
I got a message from Order.RSS saying that they were a detective. I figured that Order.rss might be a regular townie, and that there could be a real detective pulling the strings, since it was already 2 days into the game. My initial thought was to take Order.RSS out, but then I thought "well what the hell, lets roll with this, we'll keep him around" I even thought about throwing all the other mafia off the bus just so it looked like I was a townie. But then I thought maybe they would PM people in revenge. When I finally beat the game Organ Trail this lead me to victory.  I also thought about how the numbers game would look down the road and figured that was the harder path.

I messaged the team to let them know of the detectives mistake.

I wanted to get out Tophatant, but I had voted for them earlier. So, i thought that might look suspicious.

Order.RSS messaged me asking what I thought about voting for people. I gave him no clear answers. I left it vague. I let him decide.

Then Order.RSS asked me who he should investigate. I gave him some good advice. I told him to investigate Wah or Masb. I said investigating Luigi Dude was also just as good as investigating anyone else.

When the vote came up I messed up. I thought we had more time during the day. I didn't want to look like mafia and unvoted MKBungle. I didn't vote for anyone else because I thought I would have another 12 or so hours. It still worked out. Stevey voted for MKBungle knocking him out. I did not coordinate on stevey with this as MASB accuded me of.

I put the hit on Lolmonade, because I wanted it to feel senseless. Order.rss or Nickmitch commented that it was kind of a weird choice. That's the feeling I wanted. A feeling of Randomness. I almost got rid of Order.RSS that day. But I figured "How deep could I go?"

I did defensively argue for Stevey's case. I did not tell him how to vote on day 2. He didn't follow the orders on day one. He just coincidentally voted for Pokepal and Beautifulshy. I never told him who I was going to hit. I figured having been investigated it was a plus against my Stevey defense. I could have had Insanolord defend him, but that would be bad strategy. The longer we keep mafia in the game the sooner we win.

I think I suggested blackmail to Stevey that day. Change your vote or else! That was up to him.

Year 4
Having earned the trust of Order.RSS I just voted with him. He picked MASB to go. I put up a little fake resistance, and suggested Insanolord instead. But he wanted MASB. MASB put out a perfectly correct argument against me, but the votes were stacked against him. If I publicly spent too much energy defending myself. It would look bad. MASB didn't trust Order.RSS. He also didnt trust me because I said I talked to a detective. For day 5 I almost used Order.RSS bad record against him, but he was a number I could use.

Also, what was the deal? There were two detectives? Were they aware of each other? Or was this a copy-paste error on Khushrenada's part?

I hit Tophatant because they started the Stevey bandwagon the day before.

Year 5
I let Order.RSS pick the victim again. He and Nickmitch had cooked up their plan. I had figured it was fishy, but I figured as long as I looked like I was following orders all should work out. They set me up against Luigi Dude instead of Wah, or Insanolord. I had told Insanolord the plan, and if it came down to it, I would vote him out. If that happened I wasn't looking forward to another day of role playing, but Wah would be the next easy target.  Order.RSS said we should just stack the votes on Wah so I changed it to wah. Majority vote triggered the day to end.

Meanwhile I was working on "my collage" °_°.  Pretty shortly after the thread closed I sent my hit for Luigi Dude.

I had figured I won, barring some crazy phoenix down item from the shop. Bonus I got to keep Insanolord with me. I could have won faster if I got out Tophatant sooner. I didn't need that vigilante kill. I'm also glad I got out the vigilante, because I did not want to deal with a killer.

I also have to note the townie alliance felt more like a mafia than the mafia. I learned: Let the townies make their own mistakes.

Also, thanks Khushrenada for hosting another great game.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:10:11 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 05:39:56 AM »
Sorry if collage is the wrong word. I'm not well-versed in art but I thought assembling of disparate elements into a new cohesive whole artwork was called a collage.

Was going for a compliment there. I've missed celebrating Halloween the past 2 years, but between this and the Luigi's Mansion game earlier thr vibes have been there at least.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 06:30:47 AM »
Bravo, great game. I had mentally written off both of the remaining mafia members and it feels like a mafia win was inevitable this time. We really shouldn't be so trusting when it comes to investigations.

The items were an awesome mechanic that encouraged people to be more active in the thread without being over complicated.

Excellent game all round, and cool art work ThePerm!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 10:15:31 AM »
Also, what was the deal? There were two detectives? Were they aware of each other? Or was this a copy-paste error on Khushrenada's part?

Copy paste error. Someone else brought it up a bit after the day started and I corrected it. MASB was just a townie.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 10:38:42 AM »
Argh! Congrats to the mafia on the win!

I knew it was Insano and Perm at the end, but like RSS said, we didn't get LuigiDude or decide until it was too late. The voting on the last day revealed that it couldn't be both Wah and Insano, with Perm willingly going for LD, it meant they might not both be mafia, but Perm's vote came after the 2-2 tie. Insano was the only one without an alibi, but Perm's aliby was coming up townie, so it was always a gamble that he'd be the godfather.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 11:38:31 AM »
Argh! Congrats to the mafia on the win!

I knew it was Insano and Perm at the end, but like RSS said, we didn't get LuigiDude or decide until it was too late. The voting on the last day revealed that it couldn't be both Wah and Insano, with Perm willingly going for LD, it meant they might not both be mafia, but Perm's vote came after the 2-2 tie. Insano was the only one without an alibi, but Perm's aliby was coming up townie, so it was always a gamble that he'd be the godfather.

I was literally in the middle of sending RSS a message yesterday saying I'd vote for ThePerm if you two voted for him as well but then Kush closed the topic right before I could send the message.  RSS sent me the message about going after ThePerm right literally a few minutes after I went to play Xenoblade 2 and I lost track of time.

If RSS had either sent the plan to go after ThePerm just a few minutes earlier, or I waited a few minutes before playing Xenoblade 2, we probably would have won since I told him I leaning toward Insanolord more likely to be a goon then Wah, so Insanolord would have been eliminated the next day.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 01:14:14 PM »

I'm just going to leave this here.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 01:18:21 PM »
So since the game is over, here are all the unused pre-written posts I had planned out weeks ahead of the game that didn't make it into the day thread or the Joja Mart thread.

You know what they say? There's no place like home!

---

I hear that Mafia Town has successfully voted out a Mafia member. We here at Joja Mart will be hosting an event at our warehouse to celebrate this success.

---

(75 percent off joja products)

---

---

I would like to point out that (insert dead player's name here) did not shop at Joja Mart. Had they shopped at Joja Mart perhaps they would still be here today. Sadly they did not and they are no longer with us to explain the error of their ways.

I'm not saying that had they shopped at Joja Mart they would still be with us. I am just saying there's an old saying: Better safe than sorry. Of course nobody is ever sorry when they shop at Joja Mart.

---

Pierre smells. It is no wonder his wife probably had an affair with the wizard. You should all shop at Joja Mart instead.

---

We are offering our annual Deals on Wheels promotion on Joja.com this Holiday season. Save big on everything from household essentials to fun and entertainment for the whole family on Joja.com, with free shipping for pickup at any Joja location.

---

BREAKING: We currently have Playstation 5s in sto- nevermind, They're gone already.

---

Apparently people are buying Pokémon Cards in large quantities in the Year of our Harvest Goddess 2021. Joja Mart is restricting the sales of Pokémon Cards to one pack per customer. We thank you for your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

---

I'd also prepared some situational posts for in case certain situations arose.

--For if voted out---

---
(If voted out as Mafia/the killer for dead thread)

---
For the dead thread if Mafia or the killer.

---

For if someone is saved by the doctor: (make sure to photoshop the player's name in.)

---

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
If RSS had either sent the plan to go after ThePerm just a few minutes earlier, or I waited a few minutes before playing Xenoblade 2, we probably would have won since I told him I leaning toward Insanolord more likely to be a goon then Wah, so Insanolord would have been eliminated the next day.

Or if I had listened to Nickmitch it could've swung differently, too. Would have put 3 votes on Insano, which would also prove his ThePerm=Godfather theory after Perm joined us on Wah.

But the reality is us two were not sure 100% convinced of anyone.
- Wah had 2 consistent votes, but 1 looked fishy, and he thought I was Mafia with Insano.
- Luigi Dude had the Day 2 Crimm tell so seemed Townie but  also remained distant and appeared uninterested in partnering earlier.
- Insano had 2 self-defence votes, which looked about on par with Wah's record.
- ThePerm looked like the Godfather, but moved with us on Wah and probably would have on Insano too to call our bluff.

It wasn't a guarantee we could rally 3 votes against Perm, so we hoped to pit Insano and Wah against each other and use them as 3rd vote. I got it wrong out of those two, and we reached out too late to L.D. to find our 3rd Perm vote.

If we had won, it would've been very clutch and partially relied on getting lucky. We were simply too late and had too many unknowns.
Mafia side deserved the win imo.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:30:34 PM by Order.RSS »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 01:28:42 PM »
Snip

Dang you weren't kidding about committing to the bit!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 02:03:53 PM »
I'd just like to point out that I drew out two Mafia members on the first day. You're welcome.
I pretty much had everything figured out by day two. Why is this game so much easier as an observer? Who knows...

Anyhoos, congratulations to the winners!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 06:08:17 PM »
The best thing to come out of this game for me is it made me start a new file in Stardew Valley to start to replace my lost file. I’m about halfway through the first spring and it’s going well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 06:21:43 PM »
Another thing I learned was that as mafia I should control the vote record. The goons should actually not vote for townies in the first few days. The mafia should rely on the kills the first few days. Had Stevey looked less suspicious then townies wouldn't be after him. It was a blunder to have the kills be the same as the votes. It was coincidental, but there shouldn't be these sort of coincidences. It might be strategic to vote for each other last minute to muddy the vote record.

I also didn't use discord at all. I didn't want to lie in real time. I could do it, but that requires more brain work and could be exhausting.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 11:53:22 PM »
Congrats to the mafia on the win.
I take partial blame for the townie loss.
I should have voted for stevey and not been voted out on day 3, but I lost track of time. With another investigation we might have been able to pull it off. I feel somewhat satisfied with my Insanolord vote since he turned out to be mafia. Order.RSS helped me out a lot using the investigations and managing the townie alliance. I also had a lot of fun in the dead player discord.
Thanks for hosting Khushrenada!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2021, 12:09:13 AM »
And you weren't even a target that day. When I voted for you it was just because everyone else was. And in the end I got rid of my vote and had planned on campaigning for someone else. But that switch from votes being due in the morning to votes being due at night threw me off.

I also possibly could have taken out Tophatant before Stevey was hit if I went with Tophatant instead of lolmonade that day. Because if I recall you can't use your vigilante kill if someone kills you first. I put my kills in pretty quickly after days end. It would have been nice to avert a goon death and get out the vigilante at the same time.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2021, 03:03:04 AM »
Because if I recall you can't use your vigilante kill if someone kills you first. I put my kills in pretty quickly after days end. It would have been nice to avert a goon death and get out the vigilante at the same time.

Incorrect. Maybe in some games but not mine. It's really becoming apparent that no one reads the rules anymore except for BeautifulShy because Order.RSS had to ask me about the same sort of thing. Next game, I'm not even going to post any rules since it is a waste of time and just wait for players to ask questions and respond them then. In any case, here's the relevant portion.

Resolving Orders

I see the game as divided by its Day and Night sections. If a player with an ability is voted out during the day portion then they should not be able to use their ability at night since they were unable to reach that portion by being eliminated in the day.

If two or more players have the ability to make a hit and eliminate a player of their choosing and they all select the same target then all get credit for the elimination and no one is told the target has already been taken out or selected by another player. As well, if players who have the ability to make a hit target each other then both or all hits would carry through and they would eliminate each other. One hit would not cancel the other hit from happening nor does it matter who sent in a hit first. Timestamps do not matter. In addition, let's say that Player A sends in an order to hit/eliminate Player B while Player C sends in an order to hit/eliminate Player A. Player A would be eliminated but that doesn't stop their hit against Player B who would also be eliminated still.