Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 667507 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (The rumor well is drying up! EDITION)
« Reply #750 on: March 04, 2016, 06:05:19 AM »
What sequel are we talking about here? I gotta keep up with Kickstarter campaigns.

Shenmue 3.

Do these people have zero self-awareness?

They do not. Also, they don't have to when Sony is pretty much giving them what they want.
Even less than my expectations for the NX, I don't see Nintendo's PR and marketing getting better in the near future.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 04, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »
So we're all in agreement, then? Bayonetta 2 was a bad exclusive?

Nah, good exclusive.  :)  But just a drop in the bucket in regards to securing the kind of third party support that's expected of any decent console.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 04, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
They also rescued Devil's Third from oblivion (regardless of whether or not it was worth rescuing) and funded an exclusive Lego game and another exclusive Platinum game with a new IP. They also had an exclusivity agreement with Sega which yielded Sonic Lost World and Sonic Boom(again, not talking about quality). It wasn't just one game.
There was also Fatal Frame V, though it still has the questionable quality...
According to Ian that doesn't count because Nintendo co-owns the IP.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 04, 2016, 08:28:47 PM »
I don't really think of Wonderful 101 as a third party game.  Who owns the IP for that, Platinum or Nintendo?  If Nintendo does then it's a first party game. 

Just for clarity: while Nintendo owns the IP, the original idea came from Platinum president Tatsuya Minami and the game was being developed by Platinum for the Wii before the partnership with Nintendo was announced.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:58 AM »
Can someone do me a HUGE favor and catch me up on everything NX up to this point?

A single post that tells and separates the facts of what we "know", from the rumors and speculations that we discuss.

If this is potentially coming out at the end of the year, I'd like to know what it is.

thanks.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 06, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
Here's all we know for sure.

- Iwata described the project, code-named ā€œNXā€ as ā€œa dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept.ā€ More details were promised for 2016. Then Miyamoto talked about creating games that run on both handhelds and consoles.
- Squeenix is thinking about porting games to it.
- There was a market survey made by British firm GfK.
- Dev kits are out in the wild, but not everyone has one.
- Nintendo has registered patents that may or may not have anything to do with NX.
- There's a chance it will be region-free.
- It's not the next version of Wii or Wii U
- Something about potato chips.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 06, 2016, 04:51:37 PM »
That's most of the non-speculation info.

The only other bit I can think of:

-Statements from/reporting on a certain chip maker and Foxconn indicate an SKU being released in late 2016.

Oh, and there is apparently a generational-curse level NDA in place that has successfully prevented any substantive leaks from occurring thus far.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:55:01 PM by MagicCow64 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 06, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »
so other than knowing that its coming, some are working on it, and it might appear/launch this year. we don't  know anything about it.

I thought NX itself was the software platform, much Like AndroidOS/iOS that is used to develop cross platform on whatever Nintendo's next hardware formats may be?

is that inaccurate?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 06, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »
That's a distinct possibility, heavily rumored, but we don't know enough to have a clear picture as to how accurate it is.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2016, 08:27:17 PM »
Man... wish I still had a connect to someone in the industry that knew something. Not that i got anything out of the last person I knew other than a backstage pass to E3 that one time.

So in summary, what are the most credible rumors up to this point?
I honestly have barely read anything videogame related in a very long time, so I have no idea what's going on with the industry right now, other than Nintendo isn't doing too hot and is about to launch something new soon.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »
Don't believe the hype.

Sony is in their last throes, Nintendo decided to double down on Wii U and 3DS.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2016, 11:18:46 PM »
So in summary, what are the most credible rumors up to this point?
1. NX will release this year with a port of Zelda Wii U at or near launch.

2. Square Enix is porting both Final Fantasy VII Remake an Final Fantasy XV.

3. Nintendo is apparently meeting with EA this month regarding support for NX. EA wants some assurance from Nintendo that there's a market for sports title on NX. This includes advertising during sports games, getting apps for the major sports leagues, and hardware bundles including EA titles. That last bit sounds unreasonable except when you consider that Nintendo has packaged third party software in console bundles, and Microsoft and Sony regularly offer EA bundles.

4. Panasonic wasn't on the list of NX suppliers late last year suggesting that NX doesn't have an optical disc drive. I can't remember if this was leaked or rumored. This also doesn't mean there won't be an optical disc drive. The supplier list could be for the handheld only.

Macronix was on the supplier list. The company has provided Nintendo with ROM chips for DS and 3DS (not sure if it had dealings with Nintendo before DS). Macronix confirmed its involvement with NX in late January.

AMD has been hinting involvement with NX as far back as December 2014 though without mentioning Nintendo nor NX by name. It has been dropping vague hints here and there, most recently at an investor call in January. Yeah, this is news, not particularly interesting news considering everyone and their mother expected AMD to be involved again. Nintendo and AMD (or teams/companies absorbed by AMD) have been partners for over 20 years.

Moon Studios (developer of Ori and The Blind Forest) recently expressed frustration with Nintendo's secrecy. The dude was pretty salty. Justified? Maybe. The only thing confirmed there is that Moon Studios does not have development kits though it has talked to Nintendo about NX.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 07, 2016, 02:49:24 AM »
 I don't know who Moon Studios is, or the games they made, but they are salty why?

Because they want to know more but aren't in the circle of devs Nintendo deems worthy of early attention? Or because they want to bring a game and can't talk about it? combination of both?

and the FFVII remake rumor for Big N is still alive huh?

also, do we know anything about the new Zelda for Wii U?
I think I remember hearing something about it being open world style play, w/ large areas like Xenoblade/WoW or something.   

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 07, 2016, 06:14:34 AM »
Because they want to know more but aren't in the circle of devs Nintendo deems worthy of early attention? Or because they want to bring a game and can't talk about it? combination of both?
Not sure. Maybe closer to the former though. Thomas Mahler addressed frustration with getting development kits from all hardware manufacturers but focused primarily on Nintendo likely because Nintendo is so historically awful at getting development kits out in a timely manner. Based on some rudimentary googling, Moon Studios has one game to its name which was acquired by Microsoft. That said, if the developer wanted to support NX, it'd have to make a brand new game. Moon Studios is an independent studio so I can see why it would want development kits sooner rather than later to get a new game out as soon as possible. It doesn't have the cash reserves to be sitting idly waiting for development kits to be sent out.
and the FFVII remake rumor for Big N is still alive huh?
For now. The person who leaked this (SuperMetalDave64 on The YouTube, trevelyan9999 on Neogaf) wasn't as sure about the authenticity of this rumor thus flat-out labeled it a rumor, not a leak. He stated the source for this rumor in particular was right about other things without giving specifics. Make of that what you will. For what it's worth, SMD64 had a different source verified by Neogaf mods and his leaks were right on the money regarding the new Pokemon game that was just announced. The Pokemon/Nintendo release schedule source was good though he did an arguably poor job of protecting the source's identity (no name, mentioned the source worked for Nintendo's marketing department).

He also didn't cross verify it without another source. He seems pretty new to this. Everyone has to start somewhere. Emily Rogers admittedly slept with a source to get some info. I'd say SMD64 has a long way to go. Not that he necessarily has to sleep with a dude to score some juicy info. Rather, he has to build up his credibility in order to be taken more seriously. I mean, if he wants to sleep with a dude for leaks, that's on him. Literally.

Ultimately, the verdict is out on Final Fantasy VII Remake/XV, and we probably won't know until E3 at the earliest because Nintendo would undoubtably push these games as part of its presentation. The thing to take away from this is that SuperMetalDave64 already leaked good info and he trusted this other source enough to post the Final Fantasy rumor. I'm not especially excited about either game, but they would be big for Nintendo.
also, do we know anything about the new Zelda for Wii U?
I think I remember hearing something about it being open world style play, w/ large areas like Xenoblade/WoW or something.
Very little. The horse will automatically avoid obstacles like trees. Link can vault off the horse and enter a bullet-time-esque slow down to shoot arrows. Link can use the sail cloth to glide off high platforms. You can place markers on the map and a light will appear there, making it easier to find. That's about it. There has been talk of providing a female Link option to play as (not Linkle from Hyrule Warriors) though Aonuma may have just been musing about that.

Another rumor: Namco Bandai is porting Super Smash Bros (most likely the Wii U version) to NX. It also has other games in the works. Not surprising considering Nintendo has collaborated with Namco Bandai a lot on Wii U. I'm not entirely sure about the source of this rumor, but I really wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being true. Nintendo wants in on the competitive gaming scene and a new Super Smash Bros. wouldn't be ready for a few years. Porting the game that just had its last set of DLC last month makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:18:09 AM by Adrock »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
Dragon Quest X and XI were also pretty much confirmed during a Square Enix event but they had to backpedal and now say that they're thinking about it.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Your guess is as good as mine EDITION)
« Reply #765 on: March 17, 2016, 10:13:09 PM »
Magnetic Resistive DPAD and Buttons

Today is February 1st 2016 (I post from the future) I'm ready to make my NX prediction. The NX Go will have Magnetic Resistive DPAD and Buttons. I'm not even sure what that means.

What say you family, Real or Fake? (From reddit, to Destructoid)

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 17, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
Hmmm.

Do not like those touchscreen buttons. Joysticks look really, really weird.

It looks real to me. It also looks like it's a terrible idea that nobody wanted. The joystick appearance makes it seem semi-portable, but that shape... I don't get it. It looks less comfortable to me than the Gamepad, which could be saying something. But WHY touchscreen buttons? And what's the purpose of the weird sized screen? It looks like it will narrow the ability to see things... it looks worse than the gamepad screen.

I just don't get it. But then again, I won't be buying the console, so I guess I'm not their target audience.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:59:50 PM by Evan_B »

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 17, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »
If it's cheap enough to mass produce, I'll be inclined to believe it.

Without that knowledge, this looks too close to that patent filing to be anything but rumor mill baiting.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2016, 11:01:05 PM »
Wow, that thing looks ridiculous.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »
I call it fake. I don't want touch screen buttons. This could have easily been photoshopped.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #770 on: March 17, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »
Fake spectrum:

Pro wrestling
Soap operas
Figure skating
Boxing
That thing
2006 NBA Finals
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 17, 2016, 11:45:54 PM »
What if it IS real, and the note is a hint?

"The Nintendo WOU"?!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #772 on: March 18, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »
This is too much like the other leaked screen that I think was from a patient idea.  One of the things that is important to take from patients is the shape and design is never what they present.  They don't want others stealing their ideas and designs. 

This is super fake.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #773 on: March 18, 2016, 12:05:40 AM »
Sorry for the double post.  Looking at the controller again, you can tell it is a fake, because the camera should be on the top of the controller, but look at the buttons.  If that is the case then the button labels are upside down.  Also if that is the case, then their are no buttons on the side of the controller that normally has the action buttons.  This isn't just a fake it is a poor one.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 18, 2016, 03:44:33 AM »
I can't make heads or tail of what I'm looking at here. Is it covered in tinfoil?