Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: FINALE  (Read 36368 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXII: FINALE
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »
There were only three Koopas left, two Troopas and Koopa Jr.  They all sat in the basement of King Koopas castle, deliberating as to who would be the new Godfather.  They pointed at one another for a few hours, until it was clear that one of the Troopas would be elected.

"I shall do my best" said the Troopa.  He was a new recruit to the Koopa army, and felt honored being given such a prestigious task. 

Later that night, they showed up at the nightly Mushroom Kingdom meeting, hoping to blend in as usual and gather some new intel.  It wasn't, however, going very well.  In the end, nickmitch was asked to come onto stage. 

"Well, Nickmitch, do you have anything to say in your defense?"

Nickmitch didn't answer; the sweat was pouring down his brow."

"Nickmitch, you are formally charged with the murder of Luigi Mario, hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and winner of the 1st, 2nd, and 4th annual high jump competitions.  Please drink the potion."

Nickmitch drank the potion, and within a few moments, was an expired Koopa Jr.

The other two mafia members ran up to gaze upon their fallen comrade, seemingly unaware at how guilty this made them look.  It was too late anyways.  From the crowd, a small black object ran toward them, a vial on the ground next to it.

[KA-SPLOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!]

Stratos, AKA Bob-Omb had been convinced by the Mushroom Kingdom to sacrifice himself for the team.  The two remaining Koopa Troopas, Mop_It_Up and RABicle never saw it coming.

With all of the Koopa Mafia dead and gone, the Mushroom Kingdom celebrated it's cured status, and it's safe grounds!

THE END

-=*=-

RESULTS:

Nickmitch (Koopa Jr.) was voted out.

Mop_It_Up (Koopa Troopa - Godfather) was asploded.

RABicle (Koopa Troopa) was asploded

Stratos (Bob-omb) asploded himself.

-=*=-

Congratulations to the townies!  The winners of Mafia XXXII are:

Stevey - townie
Plugabugz - townie
pap64 - townie
ShyGuy - townie
ThePerm - Wario
insanolord - Townie
Gylldas - Townie
SirSniffy - Mario
DAaaMan64 - Townie
Kashogi Y. Stogi - Peach

-=*=-

Wow, that ended way sooner than I expected.  Not to discredit the townies, but was the game that unbalanced?

I hope you all enjoyed the game.  I had a blast running it.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: FINALE
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
That was pretty nice of Stratos to sacrifice himself for the townies.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
No it wasn't unbalanced, we just found out who was who very quickly and got an alliance going.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »
This game was a strange game.  I will not say it was unbalanced by design.  By I do question some choices made by a few individuals.

Khush tried out a new strategy as mafia, and it didn't work well.
Maxi turned on his own Mafia, because they turned on him.
The Bomber Role once again choosing sides to go with the townies.

There was very little places for the mafia to hide this game. 

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »
Maxi turned on his own Mafia, because they turned on him.

Well, Maxi was never Mafia to begin with.

In other games, the "mole" role is not activated until a certain point in the game, not right off the bat.  I wondered if having a mole from day 1 was going to be a problem, and I think it might very well have been.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
I think Mario just handled business.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »
Mario's investigations were incredibly well placed.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
Strange how things could have turned out differently. On Day 1 my plan was to hit ThePerm if nothing better came up, however Maxi told me to hit Pale. I hadn't heard his reason, but I obliged because I figured that Khush had told Maxi that Pale had a role or something. That was wrong, Maxi did it becuase Pale was suspicious of him. Had I known that I would have never hit Pale because that would most certainly out him as the mole amongst his mafia mates, which it did.

Day 2 was strange, Maxi had been outed through the Pale hit and our time was numbered. Khush was trying to strike up a deal between us and the mafia. Which I was against, all the plan would do was help out the mafia, we were as good as done for. Through a lengthy explanation Khush deduced that hitting decoyman was the way to go, I regrettably obliged again. However I supposedly let Khush know too late that we were going along with the plan and so you see the hit for Maxi on Day 2. That may have been their plan all along, I don't know. My plan was to hit GP so the mafia wouldn't be able to make a hit that night, and try each day to get a real mafia member voted out each day and hit one at night until Maxi was the last one left. Try and muscle our way into power, but I doubt it would have worked, so I chose the decoyman route.

If only I had hit the Perm we would have taken out both Wario and Luigi on the first night, and we wouldn't have been so easily outed as the Hammer Bros. Oh well.

But yeah, the lesson I have learnt is to not blindly follow Maxi's lead without some sort of explanation. He tends to get anxious and panickly easily and that leads to him spilling roles and whatnot to people. He's not a bad player, he just needs to relax a little.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:54:02 AM by Dasmos »

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »
Stratos really was the superguy here. It was Startos guidance which helped me to identify the townies, and I only investigated a few folks. I investigated nickmitch first, and RABicle second...Stratos told me who everyone else was through his PM-ing. Add to that taking one for the team...Stratos was the winner here...clearly. My red hat off to you Stratos!

Khush, GP, Rab...they all were a bit too vocal about things. They just gave themselves away I feel. Good game DrewMG...you did an awesome job, and I had a lot of fun.  I might actually illustrate this Mafia game in cartoon format...that's how much it made me chuckle.  :D
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
Glad you liked it.  I'd love to see it as a cartoon/comci.

I think my writing got a bit lazy toward the end, as I'd already used up all my good bits in the first few days.  Oh well.  I still had fun writing it.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
Great game, I don't think it was unbalanced... the main thing that unbalances games is when people don't play their roles to win. Nothing against you, Stratos, you made a lot of townies very happy. But from a game planning and execution standpoint, it can make for some lopsided games.

.... so I chose the decoyman route.

THIS WAS THE WRONG ROUTE, DASMOS. >:(
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »
By the way, for any future mafia hosts, I put together a pretty useful spreadsheet to keep track of everything.  I'd be happy to share it if you think you'll get some use out of it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:02:23 AM by DrewMG »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
I have to agree that Stratos is a great player. He said in the sign up thread that he played this in real life before. As far as I know this was his first forum Mafia game.Great game Stratos.

I think the thing that done it was that every mafia member except 1 voted on Day 1. While Spak was asking me about who I was on Day 1 he said something important.He said that I was stretching the vote to vote out Vudu. This would prove important later. On Day 2 because I voted for Vudu last that was Suspicious in everybody eyes. Had the vote gone through it would of put a bullseye on my back.My bro hits were not thought out well.
Day 2 started. I was looking at the votes and myself and Khush were getting votes.Khush was a Mafia member.I had to make a choice. I PM and emailed Dasmos.The email was so that people wouldn't see me talking with my bro.I had done this in previous games namely Peanuts Mafia. I would PM Khush,Email Drew MG,and Wiimail GP in that game. Anyway Dasmos said it was over. So I voted Khush.I included that I would be killed by the Mafia that night.I am sure that GP saw this and PMed her action. After I voted for Khush I sent PMs to Vudu,Decoyman,and Stogi. Only one of those survived. I told them to look at the Day 1 thread and I told them that only 1 mafia member didn't vote. This would be important later. I got lots of people voting for Khush.Some people thought that Khush was the Bomber.Namely DMan and Stogi. Later in the day Khush comes back. I tell him that I told my role to 3 people.The plan was for the Mafia to kill Vudu,The Bros hit Decoyman and Vote out Stogi. That is why my vote was for stogi. Khush informed me that Stogi was Peach.Later he came up with the BFS vote. We know how that ended. I get hit. The bros get out of the game. Had the Mafia hit Vudu that night this game could of turned out differently.Vudu would be dead.My target on my back would have been bigger. Since GP hit me. Vudu got away and posted about the Day 1 vote on Day 3.We would find out that Vudu would be killed that night and Khush with the vote.The clues left from those deaths I think were vital. After that the Townies and Stratos kicked butt.

Oh Khush remember that PM I sent you after my death. I was just very angry at the time. No hard feelings.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:22:08 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:26 AM »
So, I was wondering... why'd you want me out of the game, Khush? Did you think maybe I was the bomber based on my silly response back to you? And that if you got the Hammer Bros. to hit me, you'd kill twothree birds with one stone?

If so, it was a cunning tactic. Flawed, but cunning.

edit: I want to see this "lengthy explanation" that Dasmos was talking about. :P
Twitter

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
Here you are decoyman and lol sorry about hitting you. I had absolutely nothing against you.

Well look at the way things are shaping.

Tomorrow, after we kill two dangerous townies, Vudu on our hit, Decoyman on your hit, we start a vote against Maxi. Most everyone knows he is the double agent at this point. The point is, if we all vote for Maxi. You and the mafia. That will be 6 votes against him. Now, doubtless there will be other votes against Maxi but I have a hard time believing it will be everyone playing. Once people see it is a runaway, they will either not vote or just cast a throwaway vote to keep up appearances.

Maxi will vote against me for slander and saying he is the mafia mole. This may split the vote further. Stevey, for instance, will vote against me. And after no mafia losses, I would expect others to do the same. Even if the vote is split even by the remaining players against Maxi and Me, that means there would be 9 votes a side. If the Hammer Bros and the Mafia all vote together at the last minute and change our votes to a known townie to avoid the bomber, we will have 7 votes. This should give us a majority vote. And the other bandwagons will have lost major support except for the bandwagon against me, more likely. Again, I'm assuming the runaway bandwagon will keep everyone from voting or caring. Especially on a weekend night.

If we win that vote, and make another two kills, we own the vote as we will make a large voting block. Now, there is a chance things might not work out this way. RAB might not show up. That could put us down a member. I may face the reaper yet or lose the vote. That's another person down. Then there's a chance the mafia could hit the bomber which would put us down another member. In which case, we would rely on you further to survive.

You're likely right that at this point, you probably won't be able to win. But it was doubtful in the first place. But, you could try and make a run for it if you want to work with us. Or you could kill a townie as a sign of thanks for trying to do something for you.

Here was Khush's elaborate plan. I guess it didn't go too much into the reason for hittng decoyman apart from listing him as dangerous.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
Khush while that was a good plan as far as I know at that point the bomber wasn't known at that point. You could have blown up your entire team with a vote like that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 11:16:06 AM »
LOL GG
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
Good game DMan!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »
Is this the largest number of winners for a single game of Mafia thus far?

Edit: Nope, Mafia XXI had 20 winners.

This is in second place with 10 winners.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:32:18 AM by DrewMG »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »
I was looking for that info Drew yesterday.The Calvin and Hobs Mafia had 20 townies left in the game. There was lots of roles and people playing the game though.With 10 townies left in this game it is the biggest by how many roles there was.If I recall correctly there was 14 roles in the Calvin and hobs game.This game there was less roles than C&H.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:23:52 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
This is the first game (of the four so far) that I've been involved in that ended in a townie win.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »
I felt as though there were a few Mafia members not pulling their weight. I don't want to name names but if I had to say anyone I'd say Maxi, Khushrenada, GoldenPhoenix, Mop_it_up and nickmitch.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:35:06 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »
I felt as though there were a few Mafia members not pulling their weight. I don't want to name names but if I had to say anyone I'd say Maxi, Khushrenada, GoldenPhoenix and nickmitch.

ahaha, you were playing pretty hard at the end. I admired your efforts, even though I knew you'd been investigated already. :P

The good thing about that, though, was Koopa Jr. There was always a tinge of doubt left, even after a successful investigation (of which SirSniffy had several great ones, nice job!), that what he was being fed was actually true. I like that dynamic a lot.
Twitter

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 11:39:47 AM »
Heh. I'm being facetious but I'm definitely gunna play it differently if I'm ever one a side with Maxi or Khushrenada again.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »
I think maybe the reason the game was so short is because the role with the most power/information went to the player who talks the most. :)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
Stratos was definitely MVP this game. Khush tried to be too smart by implicating his own Godfather. Maxi let everything slip early. Rabicle didn't stand a chance.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
Yeah after I was outed I basically played like a townie with my PMs.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
I think after Khush was gone it was easier for the townies.There wasn't someone being loud and deceptive.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
You know what's great? In my first Mafia game I was killed off on the first day. But in my second game I win! :D
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 12:52:27 PM »
Well isn't that lipstick in the eye. I have no idea how Stratos knew who I was, it didn't seem like anyone suspected me of anything. Then again, I was pretty clueless about what was going on, so maybe I just didn't notice something. In fact, I still don't know what's going on.

So, yeah, for the love of all that is good and clean, can somebody kindly explain what in the world just went on here this past week?

As the Purple Birdo would say, "If I had something down there, you could all SUCK IT!"

Anyways, good job hosting DrewMG.

I don't think the roles were unbalanced, I think the problem is, word got around who the Mafia was too quickly. As soon as everyone knows who the Mafia is, it is over for them. I'm still not sure exactly how this happened or who did it, but what I am sure of is that it happened through PMs. It sounds like Maxi gave away a lot, I'm not sure if this happened before or after he was out of the game though because he was being a poor sport about it.

I think it is boring to just say "vote [name]", so I tried to get into character and make a comment or two. However, since most other people were just saying "vote [name]", there wasn't anything to go on really.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised at how much of this game is took place via PMs. I think it would be better if everyone tried to stick with posting in the daily thread, it would make things more interesting. It would have more suspense and surprise too because then everyone wouldn't be trying to find out roles through PMs or be giving out what their role or somebody else's role is. We'd all find out at the same time.

Just a first-timer's impression of this game.

It's been fun people, hope to see you all next game... because confusion is fun. For now, I can go back to my lovely regular author icon.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:57:39 PM by Mop_it_up »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »
Khush while that was a good plan as far as I know at that point the bomber wasn't known at that point. You could have blown up your entire team with a vote like that.

I knew enough safe votes that we would have been fine. By the time I died, I and the mafia knew all the townie roles and we had the bomber down to 4 suspects and yes, Stratos was one of those suspects but he was the one I suspected least at that point. Le sigh.

The reason I wanted Decoyman dead was because Maxi was blabbing his head off and telling people who the mafia were. That post by Vudu was what we were hoping to avoid getting out. I had no idea how incriminating it was or if it named members of the mafia. Maxi just tole me he had told some people who the mafia were. Vudu was going to be hit as well since he had received that message. But when Dasmos wasn't interested in going along with the plan I came up with, we didn't want to leave the Bros. alive for fear Maxi would blab again the next day. Looking back at Day 3, my plan probably would have worked.

I wouldn't say the game was terribly unbalanced. But for a role as crucial as the mole, I would have made sure that it went to a more veteran player. For instance, when I host, if a new player comes up as godfather, I'll choose a different name. It could be that the player is a veteran on other boards and has played the game many times but I don't know that and the Godfather is an important role in the game since he decides the mafia hits. Once a player has had a couple games, then I say he's fair game. You can't hold people back forever. Thatguy did the same thing with his T-Rex role in his mafia game. I'm not saying Maxi is a bad player but he's still learning and that was the most crucial role of the mafia. Considering what happened, it's clear Maxi wasn't sure how to handle it. He was exposed by the end of day 1. Oh well. Chalk it up to a learning experience and another step in game advancement.

At least Kashogi Stogi won another game. I told him I'd do my best to help him out.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »
Khush,

I assumed it was discouraged for a host to take any sort of an active role in who was assigned which roles.  I went with random.org (and mentioned that I did so several times) to make sure everyone knew that it was, in fact, completely random.

That said, I was more or less happy with the way it turned out.  Not to say I wouldn't have made some adjustments to have an "ideal" game, but for a completely random selection it didn't turn out too bad.

It was a great learning experience for me as well. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
Khush to be clear I didn't name the names of the mafia.I just said that every mafia member but one voted for Vudu. It was kind of vague and it was damning at the same time.The townies had to figure out who I was talking about on their own.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »
Yeah, Maxi didn't name names. In fact, I don't like knowing things by just being told, so if I'd even seen a hint of names, I actually would've just deleted the PM, preferring to figure things out myself.

Maybe that's a silly rule I make for myself, but... yeah anyways.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that the only reason I was offed was because you thought I had been told the mafia names. Much lamer than my theory that you thought I was the bomber or something, and wanted to use me to take out two others. :P
Twitter

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »
But honestly, he did the job of the mole well.  He didn't go for the Hammer Bros win, but he did his job.

Just like the Bomber this game didn't go for the win, but for a side.  People play different ways.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
Well, at the time, I didn't know what Maxi had said and so just to be safe, I wanted those he talked to eliminatated.

All in all, it was a bit of a frustrating game in that there were steps I knew should have been taken that weren't and I even recommended them. Our plans kept get frustrated and so many mistakes were made that we just could not catch a break. I'll go into more detail of what I felt should have been our game plan.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »
What is funny is I was suspicious of Maxi for being mafia and called him out early day one.  He didn't even try to say he was the good Hammer Bros or anything.  He just wanted me dead.  He did tell me if Khush was Mafia we need to eliminate him because he was dangerous.

Now, I believed Khush was the bomber, and I wanted an explosion, but I was hoping to lure the mafia into the vote as well.  So I didn't announce anything.

When Maxi told me Khush was potential mafia I decided he must be mafia trying to get rid of a townie, or trying to get a larger boom himself. 

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »
Great game, I don't think it was unbalanced... the main thing that unbalances games is when people don't play their roles to win. Nothing against you, Stratos, you made a lot of townies very happy. But from a game planning and execution standpoint, it can make for some lopsided games.

This.  When people don't play to win the game balance can get pretty fucked up.  (In hindsight, I realized I mishandled the T-Rex role in Calvin & Hobbes mafia.)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 02:02:54 PM »
Here was my advice to GP when she asked if I had any suggestions. I kept all the pompuous stuff in it as well because it's fun to be pompous once in awhile:

Always. All you have to do is ask. Just call me Kronsteen. Actually, call me Sun Tzu. For this game, I'd like to apply some Sun-Tzu Art of War.

First off, in case you are wondering, I have been spreading the word that I am Bob-omb and people are buying it. The people who voted for me tonight were never told this lie. Those who have heard it, have believed it. They have helped spread the lie by making me look bad and I have followed their advice to get voted out. The mafia did a very foolish thing by almost all voting with me for Vudu. Nearly everyone is exposed. That is hard to come back from. Worse, Vudu could be Bob-omb. He's one of the few choices left.

Second, I believe I taught this to you before but allow me to re-iterate. This game is a logic puzzle. It is a race to solve it first. The one who does that holds the key to victory and can plot numerous strategies. "No nation has ever benefitted from a protracted war" - Sun Tzu. This is true in mafia. The longer the game goes on, the worse the mafia's chances.

We just need to keep solving identities. The best way to do so is to kill the people we don't know the identities of. That way, by the vote and by our hits, we get to the good roles faster. You'll notice that Peach's role is not listed. That's because I know who it is. And when I get you assurance that you will not hit Peach, I will reveal it to you and you alone. I gave a promise that Peach would not be harmed and truthfully, as long as no mafia member starts a bandwagon against Peach, we are safe from her power.

That means there are only 5 roles to discover out of 15 names.

You'll notice I have RAB's name as the traitor. I really don't know who the traitor is yet, but he just seemed like a good choice for now.

But now, let me talk about my plan. We have an enemy spy. Sun Tzu says: "Enemy spies, come to spy on us, must be sought out, bribed, won over, well accomadated. Then they can be employed as double agents."

I would suggest working hard right now to win over our spy. How can that be done? Admittedly, it might be tough, I can see the spy wanting to kill the godfather to gain try and gain control of the mafia. In this way, he can be assured that the mafia doesn't put out a hit on his brother and that the mafia doesn't send him off on a wrong kill.

We need to reason with the enemy spy on why he should be working to our benefit. Right now, his odds of being discovered are 1 in 5. Each innocent person knows they are innocent, so therefore they suspect the other 5. With each mafia death, that number dwindles and his chance of discovery increases. Therefore, it is in his best interest to see the mafia live. After all, if the mafia goes down, why should they aid the mole who ruined their chance at victory? I would spill the beans and bring them down with me.

Now, that we have appealed to the logic of the situation, let's try and carry it forward more. Mention the fact that we have common goals. The mafia and the Bros. want to see the death of Mario who can identify them and the doctor. If possible, it would be great to get a massive death with the bob-omb. Therefore, the mafia and the Bros. should be working together to make sure their hit orders don't collide with one another. The faster we kill off townies working together, the better both of our chances at living.

Now, to placate their desire for survival, inform the mafia that you will be using me for the hits. Thus, if something goes wrong, they won't be involved. Mention that you plan to send the expendable people on hits. Myself, who is already receiving many votes and could die at any time, followed by Maxi, whom many people seem to have uncovered as mafia. In this way, you may hopefully relieve some of their fears about getting discovered or targetted.

In this way, you may hopefully have the spy turn double agent and work with us on hits. You may even want to sweeten the deal by holding out the offer of detante. They tell you who their partner is so you do not accidently hit them. You will take the secret to the grave with you and this way, you can better cordinate together. It may not work. It may. But we must stress the importance of not weeding the mafia too soon. This will no doubt happen naturally as the game progress. It almost happened today.

But we don't let the Bros. know our true goal. To send them on a hit against Bob-omb, effectively getting rid of two enemies at once. Again, if we can use the Bros to help speed up the townie deaths, we must take advantage of that situation. At the same time, we don't want to lose real mafia members. I'm a real member. I'm pretty sure Maxi is also. I think you would be too. Therefore, that just leaves Mop it up, Nickmitch and RAB. At this point, I'd lean towards RAB. Not to mention, he hasn't shown up yet. That is who I would send on the hits in the meantime. Once Bob-omb and Bros are gone, Bowser would go on every hit to make sure no one is lost to Mario. In this way, the mafia is protected. It is the gold strategy.

You are going to have to play cruelly to be Godfather and kill people that you may not want to kill or think is fair. Pap64 would be one of those but he since he voted with us, I would keep him. I always like to keep the townies who vote with us and kill the troublemakers. My vote would be to hit SirSniffy, Stevey or Dasmos.

So, that was my strategy. Obviously, there were some kinks to work out. Maxi was the traiter. I was wrong about that at the time. But look at my hit suggestions on Day 1. Mario, the townie Hammer Bros and Stevey which turned out to just be a townie. If Vudu had died, we could have been rid of Luigi as well. But instead, Spak-Spang went down becuase of some poor mafia play.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 02:04:50 PM »
Forgive my bluntness, but why are people saying this game was unbalanced all of a sudden? Did the game end too soon or are people just whining that they lost sooner than expected?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
Who says the game was unbalanced?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 02:38:12 PM »
I suggested that maybe it was, based on the fact that the game ended early.  The consensus seems to be that it wasn't unbalanced, which makes me happy to hear.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »
Mop it up, it was your voting pattern. Plus you were really active early on and then nearly dropped off the face of the game. That made me suspicious. The way you tried to protect GP with your vote struck me as well. Of all the mafia you were the one I was most afraid I was wrong about. Same with Rabicle, you guys tried a little too hard to casually vote to save her.

Being misled into a BFS vote that got me to want to go after the mafia. Perm being unmasked as Wario really made me feel sorry for the townies along with all their string of early losses, so I decided to fight for the townie cause.

Also kudos to the people who caught on to my cookie roleplaying on the first turn. That was my attempt to be Boshi.

I thought the game was well balanced. As with any game that involves the human mind and chance anything can happen that may be unexpected. I enjoyed your story telling DrewMG.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Woo the first time of four games i didn't get killed on day 2 and my first win to boot!!  I didn't really do too much this game other then look for clues in voting patterns.  Luckily, I fell into the townie alliance when I PM'd Stratos why he was voting for GP. 
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
Mop it up, it was your voting pattern. Plus you were really active early on and then nearly dropped off the face of the game.
That didn't have anything to do with my role. During the first day I just so happened to have more time to be online, while later on, not so much. I was also pressing for Vudu to be voted out in the first day because he chose Birdo. Yes, I'm petty like that. As the days went on, there were more and more people who were simply just voting, and weren't really given reasons for their votes, so there really wasn't much to say. I thought it might raise suspicion, but there wasn't really anything I could do to be more active.

My guess is, people were voting for GP because of something which was spreading through PMs, though that situation was sort of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" one. If I had voted for her and therefore wasn't labeled as suspicious, we weren't going to win the game anyway because the other Mafia members had still been figured out. We needed her to live so we could take out the Mario player.

I'm just happy I made it halfway through the game. That's farther than I thought I'd get.

Also kudos to the people who caught on to my cookie roleplaying on the first turn. That was my attempt to be Boshi.
I tried a little roleplay as well but it doesn't work so well when so few people are doing it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »
Gylldas that is one of the important tools you can use when finding Mafia. In the Peanuts Mafia game when I was Mafia with Khush.He pointed out that in I believe Mafia 13 Kairon found out the Mafia based on their voting paterns.
You are learning fast Gylldas. I have a feeling you are going to be a great player down the road.
Also I loved your roleplaying this game as we as ShyGuys.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 03:05:32 PM »
As far as roleplaying goes, it's fun and all but I'd rather see theories and accusations taking place in the main thread than roleplaying.  In other words, there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to making the games more fun to play.

BTW Khush that is some very impressing scheming.  Remind me to never play a game where we're on opposite sides again.  I already made that mistake in the Star Fox game. 

For my part, I was really hoping Khush wouldn't get voted out simply because I know for a fact that having him in the game makes the game more interesting.  The activity in the daily threads started going south once most of the usual suspects (Khush, vudu, Maxi, decoyman) were out of the game.

I kept hoping that the mafia could pull it out, but once I saw that Sniffy was investigating Rabicle after already getting Nickmitch and voting out Khush - I knew that the Mafia wasn't long for this world.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
Shyguy and Gylldas did some nice roleplay.

SirSniffy and ShyGuy like freaking me out by adding drama comments that cause me to PM them in a panic ;)

Yes, Mop it up, there was a huge PM push to vote against GP. I was getting worried when Pap backed out but I kept at it and we united against our common enemy. I think I PM'd Perm 10 times telling him to log on and help vote against GP. I know he couldn't see them if he wasn't logged on but it made me feel better.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
That's certainly one thing which exposed us then. I never received any such PMs about voting for GP, and people seeing me not know why people were voting for her showed that I was out of the loop. I'm sure there was more going on behind the scenes which went against me as well.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »
I would have been out of the loop early on except Maxi started asking who I was voting for and who I thought was mafia. His constant PMing made me feel the need to PM other people and that turned into me pushing and trying to manipulate votes. I'll PM you a bunch next game so you can be in the loop as well.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
As soon as I realized all of the PMing was happening I probably should have started doing some of my own so as not to raise suspicion. Though I was beginning to wonder if my cluelessness was actually helping me, since nobody ever voted for me.

I'm just curious, but did anyone else suspect that I was Mafia?

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »
Gylldas that is one of the important tools you can use when finding Mafia. In the Peanuts Mafia game when I was Mafia with Khush.He pointed out that in I believe Mafia 13 Kairon found out the Mafia based on their voting paterns.
You are learning fast Gylldas. I have a feeling you are going to be a great player down the road.
Also I loved your roleplaying this game as we as ShyGuys.

Haha thanks Maxi.  I still have a loong way to go skillwise in this game but I hope to get better little by little.  Hopefully next time I'll have more time to invest in the game as last week was crazy busy for me...not to mention getting sick on top of that. 

Day one I was in contact with Maxi and Spak and realized Maxi was up to something.  I also suspected that Mop_it_up was mafia.  But like I said during the game, my intuition is usually completely wrong so I was always second guessing myself.
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:32 PM »
Khush, GP, Rab...they all were a bit too vocal about things.

Uhhh, people were saying I was too quiet.

Also I can't say it was a pleasure, to be perfectly blunt, with playing with Maxi. Complaining about being betrayed and ignoring you is not cool, especially when you at the VERY LEAST layed the groundwork for it on day 1 yet throws a fit when he is axed like he was super innocent. Also I think saying "anyone who voted for vudu was mafia" is pretty clearly saying who mafia is. Doesn't take much brain power to figure that out. I should have taken out Maxi on day 1 though considering how he has played previous games and cannot be trusted regardless of his role and when people call him on it he sulks he the corner. I have trouble respecting that and in turn it makes it hard to enjoy the game. It is just a game.

I felt as though there were a few Mafia members not pulling their weight. I don't want to name names but if I had to say anyone I'd say Maxi, Khushrenada, GoldenPhoenix, Mop_it_up and nickmitch.

I'd say RABicle at well, at least in the beginning, we were even worried you were going to die from inactivity.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:13:55 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
I don't think anyone should ever let these games get personal or get upset with players.  We all make our choices and sometimes they are good sometimes not.

I told GP not to keep the Hammer Bros alive, and actually requested to be taken out of the game, because I knew her role.  I didn't want to be blamed for sabotaging the townies.

So I knew day 1, 2 mafia roles I thought, and the Bomber.  I actually knew 2 Mafia roles and the Mole.  I was trying my best to get all the mafia and townies on day one to vote for Khush thinking he was the bomber, that was my big move.  It would have been a great if Khush had actually been the bomber. 

The Hammer Bros were just too much of a liability for the mafia, even though it means getting more hits.  Though I wonder if day 1 had gone differently what would have happened. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
i was lost this whole game! I'm surprised i survived!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
Yeah. The Maxi thing was surprising. I got this message from him the next day. Subject line Jerk!!!

Khush first of all don't talk to Dasmo.I don't really think he would be in the mood to talk to you.Second of all you are a jerk.I hope you die a slow and painful death.GP can Die as well.As well as the rest of the Mafia.

It was interesting considering he was trying to kill me and even sent messages to people telling them to vote me off. Not to mention, he revealed his role which meant he'd be targetted for death and revealed mafia members. Yet, I still saved him and tried to a plan to allow our two sides to work together. But I'm the jerk.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 05:10:01 PM »
If anything I thought I'd be the jerk for purposefully not saving him on day 2 after it was me who suggested that he plea for the doctor to protect him that night.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 05:50:54 PM »
If anything I thought I'd be the jerk for purposefully not saving him on day 2 after it was me who suggested that he plea for the doctor to protect him that night.

LOL, he thought I was the doctor the night he died. He dropped names hoping I would protect him. I think I accidentally misled him by saying that IF I were the doctor I would protect him and I think he took that to mean I was but wasn't admitting to it in a 'wink, wink' type of way.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
hehe

the things we do to avoid death smoking crack

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
Maxi, gets emotionally wrapped up in the game.  He really enjoys the game, but he takes it too personally.

He verbally attacked me in PMs a couple a games ago when he was revealed as the bomber and I mafia godfather, and then we had the reset because the game collapsed.

It was a bad start to Khush's mafia, but what needed up happening is we restarted and had one of the best Mafia games we had. 

Maxi quickly apologized after he cooled down, and he was sincere in that apology.  So long story story, I think you just need to let go of anything said during and after these games, because it is just a game. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 06:21:36 PM »
Maxi, gets emotionally wrapped up in the game.  He really enjoys the game, but he takes it too personally.

He verbally attacked me in PMs a couple a games ago when he was revealed as the bomber and I mafia godfather, and then we had the reset because the game collapsed.

It was a bad start to Khush's mafia, but what needed up happening is we restarted and had one of the best Mafia games we had. 

Maxi quickly apologized after he cooled down, and he was sincere in that apology.  So long story story, I think you just need to let go of anything said during and after these games, because it is just a game. 

VEDETTA!!!!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »
I've managed to avoid becoming emotionally invested in these games... except for one game: the infamous Pokemafia. And not for the usual reasons, like Dash are cheaters ;) or whatever, but because of the townie alliance.

Khush kinda set up me and Ceric in a fledgling townie alliance, and as the game went on, we were PMing back and forth constantly, sharing strategies and commiserating about the poor townies' bad luck. It was annoying because we knew who we had to vote out, but we just couldn't do it. Anyways, the thought occurred to me towards the end, if Ceric were "playing" me or whatever and wasn't really a townie, I would've felt pretty upset from the utter betrayal, as I genuinely trusted him. Eventually he and I were alone again in the alliance (our "recruits" having been killed off after bolstering our number to maybe 5 or 6), and I got killed, and then he died, and it was revealed that we were both townies. Needless to say, I was thoroughly relieved that, although we lost, we had both been telling each other the truth at least.

After that, I decided not to get too emotionally involved. Mafia's exciting and all, with the scheming and strategizing and intrigue, but it's really just a game in the end.
Twitter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 06:26:33 PM »
Heh, vendettas can be fun. I'd swear one on Stratos but he's just too nice of a guy, I can't do that to him.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
To be honest, the reason I voted against GP is because I remembered how she kept teasing poor Maxi on Animal Crossing and how she uses the net to scare fish away.

It was payback time, and the results couldn't have been better :) .

Oh and Mop, be thankful that you made it till the end of Mafia. Like I mentioned before, in my first Mafia game I died on the first day.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
In my first 5 mafias I died day one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »
Ok let me address these one by one. The Vudu protecting GP hitting me situation.
I am pretty sure that GP sent in her action after I voted for Khush and made the comment. If so than even if Vudu protected me.I think the Night Actions are based on time. If GP hit me before Vudu sent his action.I am sure I would of died.

Khushrenada: At the time I was very upset as evidenced by that PM.I saw you viewing Dasmos profile and I just flew off the handle.I'm sorry.:)

Vudu:At the time I didn't know what role you were.I thought you knew Luigi.As in it someone confided in you.When you died I had a different mindset than when I was killed.

Stratos:Yes I thought you were Luigi at the time.

In my first game Sonic Mafia I made it to the end.I was the last one killed.Unfortunately I lost that game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:40:50 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
The night actions depend on the host.

Some hosts go by time.  Others just go by the general rule the night actions all sorta happen at the same time. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
Checked the Players List and it states that if there is a conflict of Actions such as the situation with me,GP, and Vudu that the first person to send it in gets their action.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 08:05:25 PM »
Heh, vendettas can be fun. I'd swear one on Stratos but he's just too nice of a guy, I can't do that to him.

Aww schucks. I'm a nice guy.

And you spelled Vendetta right! It's been driving me nuts since I started playing when people were spelling it vedetta.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »
Checked the Players List and it states that if there is a conflict of Actions such as the situation with me,GP, and Vudu that the first person to send it in gets their action.

Um, no.  I'm the frigging doctor.  I can save whoever I want.  My actions were not based on submission time.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »
The only night actions that were time sensitive were ones that competing hits.

A submits a hit at 9:15

B cannot submit a hit after 9:15 PM

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »
Oh and Mop, be thankful that you made it till the end of Mafia.
I am. :) Like I said in one of my previous posts, "I'm just happy I made it halfway through the game. That's farther than I thought I'd get." Considering how clueless I was (and still am) I thought I might be gone the first day, certainly didn't expect to outlive half of the players. Out of curiosity, what was your role in your first game?

In my first 5 mafias I died day one.
Just out of curiosity, do you remember what your role was in those five?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 10:23:09 PM »
I am pretty sure that GP sent in her action after I voted for Khush and made the comment.

I voted for you once I knew you were Hammer Bros because I had a reason to axe you then instead of killing you off on day 1 in the hopes you were a hammer brother (I was almost ready to do it too, I figured either way we'd be better off).

So long story story, I think you just need to let go of anything said during and after these games, because it is just a game. 

It is hard to let it go when it constantly happens, it is like playing someone in a video game that whenever they lose they try to unplug your controller, yell at you, or throw the controller in anger. It sucks a lot of the fun out. I've had friends that were like that, and I got the point I wouldn't play them in games. While they were normally great people that side of them bothered me, I'd say Maxi is the same way, a really nice guy but needs to not take things so personally in a silly game like mafia.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:31:27 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »
Oh and Mop, be thankful that you made it till the end of Mafia.
I am. :) Like I said in one of my previous posts, "I'm just happy I made it halfway through the game. That's farther than I thought I'd get." Considering how clueless I was (and still am) I thought I might be gone the first day, certainly didn't expect to outlive half of the players. Out of curiosity, what was your role in your first game?

I was a townie. It was during the James Bond Mafia. I admit I made the mistake of taunting Vudu, and because of that a bandwagon started against me and was voted off. But Vudu still died that day I believe, so even if I was voted out I brought Vudu with me :) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »
...I would keep him. I always like to keep the townies who vote with us and kill the troublemakers.

Yet you made everyone think I was the godfather! Any particular reason or was that payback for being a lousy cop in your game? ;)

I haven't had an early death like this for a long time, if ever, and it is especially disappointing because my fellow townies were able to take out the win. But this galling defeat has left me chomping (oh dear) at the bit for Mafia XXXIII.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:55:43 PM by blackfootsteps »
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »

I, of course, knew you were mafia, but you did come off as suspicious on Day 1 with the way you were backing Khush without a legitimate reason. I would have acted completely the same way on Day 1 (although I wouldn't have been as sure of my vote.)

Quote from: Spak
I told GP not to keep the Hammer Bros alive, and actually requested to be taken out of the game, because I knew her role.  I didn't want to be blamed for sabotaging the townies.

Okay this shits me. I understand you guys are friends, but this sort of **** ruins games. Luckily it didn't this time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:15:29 PM by Dasmos »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 11:26:23 PM »
I, of course, knew you were mafia, but you did come off as suspicious on Day 1 with the way you were backing Khush without a legitimate reason. I would have acted completely the same way on Day 1 (although I wouldn't have been as sure of my vote.)
The reason was because he chose Birdo and I'm petty sometimes, I wasn't really backing Khushrenada or anyone else. It's funny, none of my actions really had anything to do with my role. I didn't learn that lesson soon enough.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
BFS: It was a hail mary that you might be the bomber and end a lot of problems for us. I still had a large selection of names to whittle down and I just went with the one the name that cried out to me and it was yours. Sorry.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2009, 12:31:01 AM »
Woo, I finally won one! Sure, I only voted once, sent no PMs and spent the last night of the game in the hospital but it still counts. I can't decide whether to keep rolling with this momentum or retire at the top of my game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:55 AM »
I assumed it was discouraged for a host to take any sort of an active role in who was assigned which roles.  I went with random.org (and mentioned that I did so several times) to make sure everyone knew that it was, in fact, completely random.

That said, I was more or less happy with the way it turned out.  Not to say I wouldn't have made some adjustments to have an "ideal" game, but for a completely random selection it didn't turn out too bad.
Did I ever tell you guys about how way back in Mafia X or whatever one I hosted I totally cooked every role, intentionally choosing totally inexperienced Mafia godfathers and members who didn't get along in each Mafia? I thought it worked great.

Anyway I should've said earleir, I think you did a good job of host Drew with a solid ruleset.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 12:42:26 AM »
Insanolord what where you in the hospital for?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »

Did I ever tell you guys about how way back in Mafia X or whatever one I hosted I totally cooked every role, intentionally choosing totally inexperienced Mafia godfathers and members who didn't get along in each Mafia? I thought it worked great.

Anyway I should've said earleir, I think you did a good job of host Drew with a solid ruleset.

Yeah, I remember that. It did make for some hilarious results.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »

I had a really intense abdominal pain, the doctor didn't really figure out what it was.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2009, 12:50:43 AM »
Awwww. You had gas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »

I had a really intense abdominal pain, the doctor didn't really figure out what it was.

I see. I hope the doc figures out what it was.:) Great Game!:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 12:58:39 AM »
Awwww. You had gas.

That's never been anywhere near as painful or lasted 12 hours for me before. Also, the doctor probably would have been able to figure it out if that were the case.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:04:44 AM by insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »
BFS, I'm sorry that I voted against you. I was misled. But on the bright side, it was that deception that helped make me anti mafia and join the real townie alliance. Khush's story of helping create it almost had me for a  bit there because of how elaborate they seemed. Now I know how great a length people will go to avoid the gallows.

I'm looking forward to clashing minds with y'all next game. Speaking of which, when are we staring the next game?

I'm sorry you were hospital bound, Insanolord. I hope it isn't a permanent or serious matter and that it doesn't come back unless it helps point out a bigger issue. I assume you got all the different scans at the hospital?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2009, 03:50:38 AM »
Woo, I finally won one! Sure, I only voted once, sent no PMs and spent the last night of the game in the hospital but it still counts.
So that's the secret to this game. I'll remember that.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2009, 03:59:38 AM »
Stratos it shows in the future Mafia game thread that Spak has the next game.I talked to him a bit before this game started and he was somewhat busy with his  University and he is moving to South Korea in June. I suspect once he gets situated in Korea that he will start the game or maybe he will try and get it done before he leaves.Its up to him.
Oh also you might want to ask for the next game avalable in that thread.Which is 37.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:06:08 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2009, 06:33:15 AM »
BFS: It was a hail mary that you might be the bomber and end a lot of problems for us. I still had a large selection of names to whittle down and I just went with the one the name that cried out to me and it was yours. Sorry.

Damn my overly long name that is so easily acronymised! Haha, don't be sorry, we all would have done the same to you!

No worries stratos, I'm glad you helped the townies pull it out, well done.

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
No worries Stratos, I'm glad you helped the townies pull it out, well done.
The Mafia were screwed from day 1, all he did was make it so the game didn't get dragged out a day or two longer, which is still a good thing.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
No worries Stratos, I'm glad you helped the townies pull it out, well done.
The Mafia were screwed from day 1, all he did was make it so the game didn't get dragged out a day or two longer, which is still a good thing.

Hey we had like a, um, .5555% chance of winning!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »
BFS, I'm sorry that I voted against you. I was misled. But on the bright side, it was that deception that helped make me anti mafia and join the real townie alliance. Khush's story of helping create it almost had me for a  bit there because of how elaborate they seemed. Now I know how great a length people will go to avoid the gallows.

I'm looking forward to clashing minds with y'all next game. Speaking of which, when are we staring the next game?

I'm sorry you were hospital bound, Insanolord. I hope it isn't a permanent or serious matter and that it doesn't come back unless it helps point out a bigger issue. I assume you got all the different scans at the hospital?

But I really did create the townie alliance. I brought Wario and Peach together and I was working with Shyguy and DAaaMan64, 2 other townies. That's a killer group.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2009, 12:15:10 AM »
Yeah you did but you probably had ulterior motives.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 03:36:27 AM »
dude i never went in for the townie aliance..i dont think me and kashogi talked about mafia at all
i just voted with stratos because he seemed equally confused. Like stratos i already want to start the next game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:42:26 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »
Perm, you had one pretty vital move, right on day one: saving vudu by creating a tie. Although his powers didn't come into play directly, we still made the mafia use a hit to take out a roled townie, as opposed to us doing the dirty work for them.
Twitter

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
Yeah, and I know there was a time or two once we were allied that your power was a nice security to ensure our targets were the ones voted out.

Maybe Khush meant he brought Peach and Mario? Because wasn't Stogi the princess and SirSniffy was the investigator and they seemed to have a similar voting pattern so I believed they were talking.
My Game Collection