Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157434 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #2025 on: November 20, 2015, 06:47:25 PM »
Friendly reminder: Jessica Jones is out on Netflix now. Probably going to start tonight.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 20, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »
I'm on episode 3. It isn't great so far. Some good performances, some questionable. I think Krysten Ritter is better at comedy.

Daredevil was good from beginning to end. I'm still waiting for Jessica Jones to be more interesting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 20, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
I'm on episode 3. It isn't great so far. Some good performances, some questionable. I think Krysten Ritter is better at comedy.

Daredevil was good from beginning to end. I'm still waiting for Jessica Jones to be more interesting.

I haven't started it yet, but all the reviews were glowing with praise for the 1st 7 episodes. I'm doing my best to not go in with over blown expectations, and then come out with less than impressed impressions.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 21, 2015, 01:05:19 AM »
I've begun to curb my expectations because of the overly glowing reviews. Also notice most of them have been raving about the "subject matter" such as abuse.

"...there are also powerful topics of PTSD, abuse, assault, shame, and death dealt with in a mature and intriguing manner – this is a new height for Marvel..."

I'm not opposed to covering these topics, but these reviews appear to be driven by people with a bent towards a certain social agenda. I just hope it doesn't cause people to over hype the show and lead to disappointment because these are great topics to tackle.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 21, 2015, 08:59:25 AM »
Jessica Jones so far, to episode 4, will appeal to the people who like art house type movies with how it shoots and use colors.  I'm thinking that the back end of the series is going to be better.  It seems to have sort of an AoS problem where they want to get a lot of tone set at the beginning and they need the character to be someplace by the end.  Once she there I do think the show will be a lot better.  In the end Potential but there is a bit of a slog going on now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 21, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
Wow.  I had forgotten about Jessica Jones.  Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.  After buying amiibo.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 21, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »
I'm into Jessica Jones Ep 8 and yeah, I agree. The show is good, its pacing is so slow but it lets you feeling like it's building towards something. Luke Cage is my favorite character so far.

Edit: Just finished the whole season and, while awesome, I think it's not better than Daredevil, but just as good. David Tennant is now my favorite Marvel Universe bad guy! There are some things I'd like to discuss but I'll wait for a bit, once you guys finish it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:11:08 AM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 22, 2015, 03:04:23 PM »
I just finished ep4
And the bar scene with the bar fight against Luke Cage was awesome. The way he was seemingly trying to swat at them like they were annoying knats that he'd really rather not be bothered with, while at the same time not trying to actually hurt anyone. Right up till the moment that guy tried to murder him with a broken bottle to the side of the neck... And he still was more in awe of Jessica than anything happening to him it's his bar
Although I think the above happened in ep3, but I'm liking this so far..

Like Daredevil, it has a deliberately slow pace, but unlike Daredevil, it never actually gets dull... At least not yet.
I hope to make it through 2 more eps before the night is over, so I'll probably update more later.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:14:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »
I never thought Daredevil got dull. Jessica Jones on the other hand did seem to drag at times. The acting is significantly worse though David Tennant was just excellent throughout. I've never seen Dr. Who so this is the first anything I've seen him in. I'll hold off other thoughts until more people finish Jessica Jones.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 22, 2015, 06:24:10 PM »
i thought DD had more action, be there were some dark conversational scenes that just didn't quite hold my interest... or maybe I was just watching too late... don't really remember. I just remember some part that kinda dragged. Maybe I should give it a rewatch sometime before Luke Cage comes out next year. Need to jump back into JJ first though....

only thing holding me back is waiting for my girl, who wants to watch it with me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 25, 2015, 05:40:34 AM »
Captain America: Civil War trailer. (It's awesome)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 25, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »
Full Screen is unavailable because we're insufferable douchebags who don't understand how the internet works.  Please press Ctrl + until the video is full size on your viewing device.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 25, 2015, 05:02:02 PM »
This is basically Avengers 3, which is not a bad thing at all. Doesn't look like they're going with the "SuperHero Registration Act". So many tidbits in that trailer. Mostly for me is are they saving Spiderman for the After credits scene? Since Thunderbolt Ross is back (Not seen since The Incredible Hulk), Is the Abomination gonna get free? The Leader? RED HULK? 

Also, Cap was pulling out a "Final Justice" win he and Bucky was fighting Tony in the end.

#teamcap

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2038 on: November 25, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »
This is basically Avengers 3, which is not a bad thing at all. Doesn't look like they're going with the "SuperHero Registration Act".

If you pause the trailer, Ross hands Cap a large packet that reads "Framework for the Deployment and Registration of Enhanced Individuals".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 25, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
That was AWESOME. And fullscreen is available, just not in the embedded video. Black Panther looks awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: November 27, 2015, 05:12:13 PM »

I personally think Black Panther's mask would look so much better if it looked like it was covered in the same material as the rest of the outfit.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:14:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 27, 2015, 06:28:01 PM »

I personally think Black Panther's mask would look so much better if it looked like it was covered in the same material as the rest of the outfit.

The lighting is making the contrast more stark but I agree it should be a bit more uniform.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 28, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
This is gonna be so good

And they didn't even show Ant-Man, Hulk or Spider-Man

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 28, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
I didn't think "he" was in it but I"m guessing its possible since Thunderbolt is back in the picture.

Jessica Jones:

I only watched the first episode and while it has good production values and seemed like a decent start, I think its my lack of commitment to the character("Jessica Jones" not the actress) that has me "meh" on the show. Marco Polo and Daredevil had me from the 1st show. I'll stick with it

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2044 on: November 29, 2015, 06:39:01 AM »
The first episode of Jessica Jones has its flaws.  I hate, HATE the score for series.  The blues film noir score just is awful.  However, when the series gets good it is intense.  I still have goosebumps from the first episode of Jessica Jones walking down the hotel hallway.  I haven't felt that much suspense and terror for a character and while.  I think that is what is so terrifying about this villain...you know if he is there you are screwed.  And the first episode showing you she is still struggling...and she is terrified is amazing. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 29, 2015, 03:24:58 PM »
I have only the season finale left from JJ, just as before, I'm waiting on a good time to get my girl to sit down and finish the series with me.

I told her the deadline is before Sunday shows come back on tonite, or I will watch it without her.
I'm eager to see how it concludes. I just really hope the final showdown is better than the previous series.

I also really hope that AoS starts acknowledging whats going on in Hell's Kitchen, even thought it's been pretty low key as far as superhuman abilities go. She has got to be on that SHIELD database for quite some time now, and with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen making papers and talk of people with mind control powers making Talk Radio, I know they've got to be keeping an eye out on that little sector of NY.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 29, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
There is talk of all the series eventually being referred to in the movies, so i would hope that would carry into the other shows.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 29, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »
I'm waiting for the #itsallconnected to actually be all connected.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:10:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2048 on: November 29, 2015, 08:44:06 PM »
I am telling you, it will never be all connected.  I predict it will actually get further and further separated from each other.  The Netflix shows barely referenced each other...and if you know the Jessica Jones comic book series it would have been really easy to put Dare Devil in the series.  But they could save that for Dare Devil season 2. 

They are becoming there own separate entities.  There will be references and what happens in the movies will impact the TV series but never vice versa, and you will not see the teams join forces. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 02, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
That's not a bad thing, while crossovers are cool, I don't really need to see Iron Man and Daredevil team up as it just makes the universe a bit smaller. Like the defenders wheelhouse are drug dealer, evil corporations, and ninjas, not end of the world material.

I was actually surprised about no Daredevil in Jessica Jones, I remember set pics leaked that showed that the end of JJ production and the pre production for Daredevil filmed at the same place at the same day. Thinking about it could of just been the hospital part with Punisher.

Shame about no major crossovers but if the series equals a movie it could be.
Daredevil season 1 = Iron Man
Jessica Jones = The Incredible Hulk
Daredevil season 2 = Iron Man 2
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70