Author Topic: Anyone here try Paladins?  (Read 13272 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here try Paladins?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 02:36:08 PM »
Oops! Sorry, I tend to forget about Discord. I hope you have mentions turned on!

Yeah, the End Times can get pretty crazy, but at times it feels like using cheat codes. And like with using cheat codes, it can feel a bit too twisted and lose its novelty pretty quickly, and just want to go back to normal. Too bad there's no way to play it without the modifiers. I also still have no idea what determines which pool of characters you'll get, but I get one way more often than the other.

As with most updates, this one also introduced a bunch more glitches. The biggest one though is how the input-specific queues aren't working, so now players using controllers are mixed in with those using keyboard and mouse. Eep.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »
Yeah, mentions should be still on.

I thought the two pools were to avoid duplicates yet I've battled against copies of myself more than once. One thing I'm not enjoying is the match making seems even worse. I either get annihilated or our team rolls them over easily.

There's an input-specific queue? I thought crossplay meant everyone played everyone regardless of what you play on.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 05:52:29 PM »
The reason why the matchmaking is worse is because this latest update added in crossplay with the PC version, as well as added in keyboard and mouse support to Xbox. So now we're mixed in with the sweaty PC players who are going to destroy everyone unless you have one on your own team too.

The update was also supposed to add the option to queue up by input method, so that you could just play with other players using a controller and not KB+M. However, this option was borked so it's been pushed back to a later update, and Ranked has been taken offline since it always sorts players by input method.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 08:03:17 PM »
By the way, I forgot to mention that they fixed the matchmaking problems. If you would like to get matched only with other players using controllers and not keyboard and mouse, go to settings and on the bottom of the controls tab, set "Crossplay" to "Gamepad Only."

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »
I may do that since I'll never get all that good at this game anyway & could use the help. Had a few games where I felt I was shot out of the sky too easily as Willo.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 12:54:39 PM »
Been getting increasingly frustrated with the matchmaker this week. There's been games where an entire team is being spawn camped while only a single person on the other team has to effortlessly push the payload. Even with going gamepad only, some of these teams are obviously using a mouse to aim. I head I've getting long distance headshot by Lex players here.

Buuut it's double battle pass XP weekend & the new End Times quests are up so if you need a hand I'll be around Mop it up. One of the End Times is healing a million points of damage.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »
Are you sure they're not just using gyro? People can be pretty crazy with it. The replays also may not be 100% accurate to what actually happened. Though, considering how things in this game go, it's certainly possible the matchmaking is still borked, hee hee.

I've already maxed the current free pass, but I could still help you out with that. The million healing will just be time consuming, it's the four triple kills that are gonna be a pain! Probably just gonna have to hope I get lucky with Jenos's killer wail special.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 04:29:46 PM »
Nah because I use gyro. Besides post match you can see user's profiles. Except non-Siwitch players.

I think I'm just about there for the current pass and when it comes to End Times I already got the only one I really wanted so I'm in no rush. I got one triple kill in that so far. Was using Zhin of all people. Got lucky & simply walked around & took out a Seris & two people she was healing.
Mission...complete?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2019, 09:08:41 PM »
Came back to this game after a long time off and I will say the Switch version has shown some improvement on the core gameplay. While the presentation still feels rough the shooting is still pretty good, even with a generous dose of aim-assist and favorable hit boxes.

To be fair if you want a casual hero shooter experience this is still better than Overwatch Quick Play.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline kaijugamer

• Spambot
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2019, 11:55:51 PM »
I'm actually enjoying this game on Nintendo Switch. It's a stall game for me while waiting for the games that I really want to purchase on Switch. It's all good until they allowed cross-play.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
The update from last Wednesday introduced a slew of bugs and problems, though I haven't checked to see if anything's been fixed since then. I guess this game is always going to be a bit of a mess. :(

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 03:24:37 PM »
The main menu has a big white line running vertically on the left side that expands or shrinks randomly every time you end up there. Audio seems extremely cluttered  and buggy at times during fights as well.

I feel like this game will never be bug free and there's always going to be a problem with it but for the most part the shooty shooty experience is still good.

I'm still a Furia main but I bought Ying and want to play her more.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
The main menu has a big white line running vertically on the left side that expands or shrinks randomly every time you end up there. Audio seems extremely cluttered  and buggy at times during fights as well.
Yeah, these are all issues that the last update brought, and it's on all platforms not just Switch. I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

I think the issue is that the devs focus on the cosmetic stuff since that's what they're actually selling, so the actual playing of the game suffers.

I got kind of burnt out after completing the last Battle Pass so it was a good time to take a break anyway, though I could be drawn back in if you or anyone else here wanted to play sometime...

Offline kaijugamer

• Spambot
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2019, 04:28:54 AM »
I've experienced an audio problem with the recent update as well. There's a non-stop shooting sound even while reloading when I used Vivian and Tyra.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2019, 11:40:25 AM »
Huh. Discovered something odd this morning. I know custom builds can have their names censored when you use certain rude words, but today I had one censored I didn't see coming. Had copied a Zhin build off of youtube that keeps you using Whirl a bit more often so wanted to name it "Beyblade". Turns out the in-game censoring didn't like that.
Mission...complete?