Author Topic: Official NWR WiFi Night - Thursday, March 12 - Mario Kart Wii - Chat Thread  (Read 19494 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Team VS isn't turning out to well for us...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I made a couple of idiotic decisions in the battles (like when I used a mushroom and ran right into someone who used a mega mushroom.

I had fun in the matches even though I lost. Gives me more reason to continue practicing (and trying to unlock stuff).

Not online related, but is there a guide that explains how you get a star rating in single player grand prix? I am trying to get 1 stars on all cups but am having trouble on some (even when I get a perfect 60 points I will sometimes only get an A rating or even a B rating).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Sorry guys, but I fell asleep while playing the game. When I checked again, no one was online.

I will check again later to see if anyone is online.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Taking a  break. I'll catch the next match up
Mission...complete?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
I have to go now anyway, I was probably going to play one more round.

Good matches everyone, except the Team GP. That was never going to work.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
We had to try to see how much it'd fail. :)

Hmm VHS ran out in the last moments of Ghost Vally. Guess I shouldn't have recorded on SP after all...Opps.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:15:40 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Nice races, guys! But I wouldn't recommend any sort of team race/battle when there is an uneven number of players. The random matchmaking didn't make matters better either... Usually players with the lowest rating are paired with players with the highest rating, so I don't know what happened there!

If there's any staggering players left playing, does anyone want to play Regional VS? Play nice now! :-*

Not online related, but is there a guide that explains how you get a star rating in single player grand prix?
There is a topic on GameFAQs which explains them:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942008&topic=43533083

Basically you not only need to place first, but also have a huge lead, be in first most of the race, never drive off-road, and never fall off the track.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Regional? I'm in!

Just found another VHS to dust off.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Other than the Team match failure it was a good time. I wouldn't mind hopping on later but I'm done for the moment.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Ok, I'm Karted out for now. Good gaming everyone.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Thanks for joining GK, it was fun! Though what was with all of the items attacks in those last Regional races? I thought we were friends! :(

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
I was only aiming for you once. One time I was trying to pick off the other guy & you drove right into my green shell. Haha.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Alright, since my friend roster is now full I'd like to know who of the people I've added are fairly active players and would like to keep me added.

Dasmos: You're pretty good! But we might face lag issues since you're halfway around the world from me...

GK: We had some good Regional races, I'd like to keep you if you are active.

Pap64: I didn't see you on, so I must have missed you. Are you fairly active?

Stratos: You were renting/borrowing the game, right?

TJ Spyke: Plan to play the game some more?

vudu: I didn't see you either.

UODuck02: You didn't show up at all. If I don't hear from you within a week, I'm deleting your entry.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
vudu: I didn't see you either.

I added you, but I was only about to play from about 7 to 8 Central time.  I participate in every WiFi night, but chances are I won't play much online outside of that.  If you plan to participate in future WiFi nights, you might want to keep me on.  But if you're full feel free to yank me and just add me again next Wifi night.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Mop: Since we didn't really play together I would like to keep you around and have some more matches.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Stratos: You were renting/borrowing the game, right?
Yeah, I used my little sisters copy. But it was a clean save on my Wii because I do plan to acquire the game soon. A friend is planing to sell all his Wii stuff and I called first dibs on everything including a copy of MK. So my FC will stay the same.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Sure thing, Mop. Just let me know the next time you're up for some racing.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
vudu: I'll consider it. I have a few other inactives who I could probably delete without consequence.

Stratos: If you'll be acquiring the game soon then I suppose I could keep you around.

Pap64 and GK: I play the game quite a bit, at least one day out of the week (usually more), so you could probably find me on if you check at the right time. 9PM EST is when I generally start, and sometimes go as late as 2AM. If you'd rather set aside a specific time to play someday, then feel free to PM me.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
I'm off work Thursday - Saturday so I'll probably catch you on one of those nights.
Mission...complete?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Dasmos: You're pretty good! But we might face lag issues since you're halfway around the world from me...

And out of practice. I used to play at least a couple of times a week with Mario, Bill, RAB etc. But I don't know if they still play often. I also used to play worldwide and regional a lot too, but stopped because every match I was in had people using retard glitches to crash the match and get points.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Here's the first batch with me & Stratos.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v17990328pWZTyRXB

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v17990338kcjPQ7mW

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v17990341rCT3XD6S

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v17990344pwbdkA4P

I like the videos you posted. It's nice too look back and see how it went from other peoples views. Thanks for putting effort into them.

Do you do much video editing? Would be interesting to compose a montage of the best moments of a Wi-Fi night. You might be able to have NWR post it on the main page too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:15:15 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Nah, I never tried editing. Good idea though, would give me a reason to toy around with Window's Movie Maker.

I'm still uploading but it's taking a while due to the little file space I have left(upload 4 races, put 'em online, delete originals, repeat) & my capturing device visually sucks when you record something in a format other than avi. I plan on getting an external hard drive later this week to make some room though.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I've played around with Windows Movie Maker a little bit. I've been curious about making game videos. What sort of capture equipment do you use?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
And out of practice. I used to play at least a couple of times a week with Mario, Bill, RAB etc. But I don't know if they still play often. I also used to play worldwide and regional a lot too, but stopped because every match I was in had people using retard glitches to crash the match and get points.
So does this mean you're not an active player and I can delete you if I need a new slot? If that was you when you're out of practice then something tells me you're too good for me anyway...

Do you do much video editing? Would be interesting to compose a montage of the best moments of a Wi-Fi night.
It's interesting that you mention this, because that's what I had planned to do. However, I think my computer is dying... It is running pretty slowly, and it really struggles when I use my video editing software. I still tried to create the video anyway, but the clips are all cut short and either run choppily or are sped up.

Sorry guys, but no videos for this month! :(
Maybe I can have things sorted out by next time...

What sort of capture equipment do you use?
I know this wasn't directed at me but I'm going to answer anyway! I use a USB capture device called the DVD Xpress DX2 by ADS Tech.