Author Topic: FFCC:Echoes of Time  (Read 4759 times)

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
FFCC:Echoes of Time
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »
I've been trying to be more positive and optimistic in most areas of my life, gaming included...but what I am reading about FFCC:Echoes of Time is truly disturbing. I kind of had high hopes for this game since I didn't care for the last one. But now that I hear the multiplayer is limited in a BIG way!

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2009/030609a.html

Am I reading it wrong? Why did Nintendo make a Wii version/Wii compatibility?
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: FFCC:Echoes of Time
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
Easy, Nintendo doesn't allow LAN plan play on Wii and I think that it's stupid that Square-Enix made the Wii version an emulated version of the DS game. I really think that it is such a big wasted opportunity that voice chat wasn't implemented in either version since games like this require it.

I really think that the DS version will be the superior version since both games are the same game and you have the benefit of portability. I'm not even really sure if Wii owners can play with DS owners over Wi-Fi for this game since I would assume that Wii servers are different from DS servers.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »
i was under the impression that you could play the game and it didn't matter if you had a wii or a ds

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
i was under the impression that you could play the game and it didn't matter if you had a wii or a ds

That is true...*Reads linked article*...that is not true.I thought the same thing. Kind of odd that only one Wii game can join in. Well I just switched back to wanting the DS one considering this and the fact that the Wii edition is a scaled DS game. What I originally thought was a bold move on Squares part has turned into a rather large blunder. I just hope that the possible tanking of the Wii version doesn't alter their view on making games for Wii.

And I want a true sequel to the original Gamecube FFCC for Wii with DS-Wii connectivity like the old GBA-GC link.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 12:07:32 AM »

That is true...*Reads linked article*...that is not true.I thought the same thing. Kind of odd that only one Wii game can join in. Well I just switched back to wanting the DS one considering this and the fact that the Wii edition is a scaled DS game. What I originally thought was a bold move on Squares part has turned into a rather large blunder. I just hope that the possible tanking of the Wii version doesn't alter their view on making games for Wii.

And I want a true sequel to the original Gamecube FFCC for Wii with DS-Wii connectivity like the old GBA-GC link.

Can't blame them Square trying to sell the same game twice, I remember first week in Japan the DS version sold around 122,000 and the Wii version sold around 24,000 it looks like that Square's plan backfired.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 07:25:55 AM »
Oh wow, I didn't notice that the Wii version is actually a FREAKING PORT of the DS version!
I was gonna get both, glad I read this thread. I'll just get the DS version (and maybe the Wii one used in a few months if I can find it cheap).
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »
eegads that sucks. ds version for me then.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
Oh wow, I didn't notice that the Wii version is actually a FREAKING PORT of the DS version!
I was gonna get both, glad I read this thread. I'll just get the DS version (and maybe the Wii one used in a few months if I can find it cheap).

Technically it's not a port it's an emulation of the DS. I wish Square made something different for the Wii version or a different game as a whole.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 06:19:52 PM »

Technically it's not a port it's an emulation of the DS. I wish Square made something different for the Wii version or a different game as a whole.

It kind of sucks the wind out of their "We made a Wii and DS game that is cross platform compatible!" statement. It's not really that big of a deal when its the DS game on emulation. I would have thought that some things would have been different or even some extra features added from one or the other.
My Game Collection

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »

It kind of sucks the wind out of their "We made a Wii and DS game that is cross platform compatible!" statement. It's not really that big of a deal when its the DS game on emulation. I would have thought that some things would have been different or even some extra features added from one or the other.

Well it still is cross compatible just not to the level of what people were expecting. By the way Nintendo Power gave the DS version a 6.5 and the Wii version a 6.0.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:28:13 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

Well it still is cross compatible just not to the level of what people were expecting. By the way Nintendo Power gave the DS version a 6.5 and the Wii version a 6.0.

Ouch. Though I wonder what they gave the original FFCC on DS because if that also got a low score then perhaps they just don't like that type of game. I really hope it doesn't have the cheesy Saturday Morning Cartoon voices and dialogue. I especially hated the childish dialogue for the Lilty. That conversation is not befitting of a warrior race.

*EDIT*
Nintendo Power gave the first DS one a 7.0 and Nintendo UK gave it a 7.2 according to metacritic. So this one is worse in their opinion.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:12:07 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection