Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243681 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #900 on: April 24, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
I really can't tell if you are trying to seriously make those silly points or not.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 24, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »
Admitting weakness is not spirit.  Try again.
Perhaps you should explain to me what you consider spirit to be because I don't know what it is you're trying to say.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 25, 2009, 01:38:35 AM »
Why do you hate me for not having Birdo? I have no idea how you unlock that character. Tell me and I'll do it.

OK, I'm short six characters and also the second Mii outfit.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:42:01 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 25, 2009, 04:25:03 AM »
Why do you hate me for not having Birdo?
You just answered your own question: because you don't have Birdo. Birdo is easy, all you have to do is simply play Time Trials on 16 different courses; you don't even have to get a good time. Alternatively, you can rack up 250 wins on Wi-Fi, but I guess you hadn't played enough before you lost your Internet service. I don't understand for various reasons how Birdo wasn't the first character you unlocked.

If you tell me which characters you have, then I could tell you how to unlock the remaining six.
To get the Mii Outfit B, unlock all 32 fast staff ghosts in Time Trials.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 25, 2009, 05:33:20 AM »
I would think I should already have unlocked Birdo since I do play a lot of time trial. I'll bet it's because I play the ghost challenge mode and for whatever reason I get a lot of repeat courses when I play that way. I'm probably only a course or two away from the threshold. I'll play a bit this weekend. I'm visiting my parents so I have internet for the weekend (stupid comcast).

I just need to hurry and find a new place to move to since then I get get internet again. I have a possible place lined up for mid may when my current lease ends but it's not set in stone. Does anyone have a good recommendation for ISP? I only really use internet but I am thinking I will get cable in my new place. I do care about bandwidth caps and getting high speeds but at the moment I need it on a budget.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #905 on: April 25, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »
Clearwire is $35 for their basic monthly plan. Not that fast of broadband, but no cap.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 25, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
I would think I should already have unlocked Birdo since I do play a lot of time trial. I'll bet it's because I play the ghost challenge mode and for whatever reason I get a lot of repeat courses when I play that way. I'm probably only a course or two away from the threshold.
I'm not sure if it counts if you play it that way, you might have to play the Time Trials from the 1-player mode. You can check to see which tracks you've set a time on by going to Time Trials and selecting a course.

How many Wi-Fi wins do you have? If you'll be playing online this weekend then maybe you could rack up 250 Wi-Fi wins instead.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 26, 2009, 04:38:01 AM »
I would think I should already have unlocked Birdo since I do play a lot of time trial. I'll bet it's because I play the ghost challenge mode and for whatever reason I get a lot of repeat courses when I play that way. I'm probably only a course or two away from the threshold.
I'm not sure if it counts if you play it that way, you might have to play the Time Trials from the 1-player mode. You can check to see which tracks you've set a time on by going to Time Trials and selecting a course.

How many Wi-Fi wins do you have? If you'll be playing online this weekend then maybe you could rack up 250 Wi-Fi wins instead.

LOL, I don't think I'll have enough time for that many wins though I do hope to be on tomorrow night. My Win-Lose record is not that good. We'll see I suppose.

I've heard of Clearwire and I may do that and forgo getting cable. Another friend uses it as well. Is if fast enough to work well for online games? I will want to use it to play Steam games, Wii and DS.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 26, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »
I'm not sure if you know, but 250 wins doesn't mean you have to come in first place 250 times.  If you're playing a 12-man race, and you come in 3rd, you're going to rack up 2 losses and 9 wins. 
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #909 on: April 26, 2009, 11:37:10 AM »
I've heard of Clearwire and I may do that and forgo getting cable. Another friend uses it as well. Is if fast enough to work well for online games? I will want to use it to play Steam games, Wii and DS.

I've played Team Fortress 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV online and never experienced any lag.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 26, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »

I've played Team Fortress 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV online and never experienced any lag.

Cool, sounds like I might go with that.

So you can earn multiple wins the higher you get in a race? I guess that 250 is more feasable than I thought.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 26, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
With there being twelve racers, the win-loss record means something different than simply 1st = win and last = loss. For every racer that you place ahead of, you get one win, and for every racer who places ahead of you, you get one loss. I like this system, because it doesn't put so much emphasis on placing in 1st. In a twelve player race - especially a Mario Kart race - even coming in 5th can still be an accomplishment.

If you place first in a twelve-player race you'll get 11 wins, so you could reach 250 wins in as little as 23 races. There's that number again...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 26, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »
LOL, 23, except Blackfootsteps joined up at the last minute so our game is now 24.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #913 on: April 26, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
Well GP hasn't been on today yet. Roles haven't been sent out so maybe BFS can play. I think GP will allow it.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 27, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »
Well GP hasn't been on today yet. Roles haven't been sent out so maybe BFS can play. I think GP will allow it.

lol what
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 27, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »
LOL, 23, except Blackfootsteps joined up at the last minute so our game is now 24.

I am all-encompassing! Dammit, if I had known that I was violating this oh so sacred number I wouldn't have played! Anyway back to the Karting Krew...
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 30, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
I hate mirror cup rainbow road. I got three excellent first place finishes to only lose the gold on the rainbow thanks to an unprecedented amount of brutality combined with a near unprecedented level of incompetency on my part. I just had to get like 6th or 7th to secure a gold and I got 10th! So frustrating! ARGHHHH!

It is the second worst rainbow road performance I remember on ANY rainbow road in ANY Mario Kart I've played. I can't remember the last time I truly wanted to hurl a controller like then.

Walks are good to relieve stress like that but I need comforting and consoling.

*POUT*   :'(
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #917 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »
There there Stratos. When you get a chance you want to play me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 01, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »
Think of it this way Stratos, if you play Maxi on Rainbow Road you can get some practice and it's an easy win. I'm pretty sure I beat him like 80 times in a row. ;D

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 01, 2009, 02:00:46 AM »
Ha ha, I know the feeling. There are some tracks which really throw me off when I play them on Mirror, and Rainbow Road is one of them.

Welcome to Mario Kart Anonymous. You can tell us anything, nothing will leave this thread. Now, where did the blue shell touch you?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 01, 2009, 02:07:15 AM »
I have hated Rainbow Road since the n64 game.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 01, 2009, 02:30:28 AM »
Rainbow road is one of the worst tracks on any Mario Kart game. It's so bland driving wise, and it makes my eyes bleed.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 01, 2009, 04:08:38 AM »
Wii Rainbow Road is awesome, one of the best tracks in the game. The one in Double Dash!! is pretty good too. Mario Kart 64's is way too long and uneventful. Super Mario Kart Super Circuit are both flat, dull, and boring. I never played DS.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #923 on: May 01, 2009, 05:09:11 AM »
Dasmos it is not really a easy win. I just wasn't really focusing. Sometimes I just play without trying to compete.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Mega-thread
« Reply #924 on: May 01, 2009, 06:40:32 AM »
Ahahah that's what they all say.