Author Topic: Myst for 3DS Coming in March  (Read 1417 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Myst for 3DS Coming in March
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

The famous point-and-click puzzler will receive its own 3DS iteration.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28851

Myst for 3DS has been announced and will arrive in March 2012.

Maximum Family Games announced that they will be publishing the game, which is developed by Hoplite Research. Hoplite also did work on previous ports of the classic PC point-and-click adventure, including those on the DS and PlayStation Portable.

The 3DS version appears to be just a port of the original game with 3D effects integrated into the graphics. Myst 3DS will be released on March 27, 2012.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline JRokujuushi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Myst for 3DS Coming in March
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
I wonder what these "new landscapes" are that they mentioned.  If they actually added new areas with new puzzles to solve, this might be a worthwhile purchase.  Otherwise, I already know how to beat the game from playing through the original Myst, and I've already seen Rime in RealMyst. 

Offline Tanshin

• View Profile
    • Nintendo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »
I don't understand how they're adding Rime to this, unless this is a remake of realMyst (which it isn't and probably never will be).

Unfortunately, this looks like another lost opportunity (considering this trailer). The sound again appears to be overcompressed, and for some reason the navigation is on the touch screen. I don't understand how this is "Myst in 3D" if they're putting everything that matters on the 2D screen.
Myst Online KI Number: 03211339

Offline JRokujuushi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »
Well, they added Rime to the DS version of Myst as well, so they had the assets available in some manner.  Looks like crap.  http://i.imgur.com/2hEde.jpg

And thanks for linking that video.  I was wondering if they'd have to re-render the graphics or do some faking to get the 3D effect, but it looks like they took the easy way out and simply didn't add one.  It honestly looks like there's no point to this version.  Amazon says it will release for $30, which is kind of ridiculous when you can get either PC version for $6 or a portable iOS version for $5.