Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1196756 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2375 on: July 29, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »
Theirs a marked difference.  Alfred would chide but he never really fully lamented his lot in life.  While he would gladly rib anyone it could never be construed as a "You know Who I am and now you have me doing this" type of moment.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 29, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
Yep, BTAS fares very badly in terms of good/bad episodes ratio.

One of the many reasons i prefer STAS to it.

I'm okay with "new" Alfred cause it's a fresh new re-interpretation while staying true to the character to the letter (english butler/father figure, former secret agent).
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 29, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera - 9/10

Meeramera isn't really a show for everyone, hell it'd be hard to recommend it to most anime fans, but it's gold for Go Nagai fans. Each episode loosely adapts a chapter from the 1973 manga, Dororon Enma-kun, while also throwing in tons or references to 1970s, Japanese pop culture and other Go Nagai works, such as Mazinger Z and Devilman.

Meeramera's story is pretty typical. The head of Hell, Enma the Great, sends his nephew, Prince Enma, along with his two friends, Princess Yukiko and Kapaeru, to unleash judgment on mischievous demons living in the human world. The story isn't really what makes Meeramera great, though it does have its moments; it's the series’ sense of humor that makes it worthwhile.

The series' humor is outlandish and adheres to the tone of Uncle Go's original work. To give an example of just how outlandish Meeramera's humor is, there is an episode where the Demon Patrol fight a demon named Fatty the Kid that becomes enraged when he sees skinny people. He then proceeds to transform the entire human population into globular masses with a huge case of the munchies. And in doing so, he brings about world peace, but Enma destroys him anyway and reverts everyone back to their old selves.

Aside from that, the show is also pretty perverted. It was made to appeal to people that grew up in the early 70s and watched, or read the original Dororon Enma-kun. It's definitely not for kids.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:09:50 PM by TalesOfFan »
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2378 on: July 29, 2013, 10:18:21 PM »
Just watched the first episode of Beware the Batman. In short: it sucked. In the first few minutes, you meet 5 characters, and three of them have English accents. I dunno why, but I thought that was weird. Then the rest of the episode was just. . .blah.

Episode 3 was also on On Demand, so I watched it too. (Curious that the second episode wasn't there.) Anyway, that one sucked too for the exact reason UB stated earlier and like one or two more reasons. Can't say anything about this show is winning me over.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:53:10 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: August 04, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »
Hm.  This weeks BtB episode was probably one of the better episodes.  Still not completely sold on the series.  Also, not a fan of Alfred shooting some kind of futuristic shotgun.  A) Guns and Batman don't mix (although Flashpoint Batman with guns was pretty neat) and B) Didn't the creators say that the early art featuring Alfred with guns was just promotional stuff and not to worry about it?

Aside from that, this is probably the best episode so far... but that's not saying a whole lot.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: August 04, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »
Personally, I was more bothered by the fact that Alfred was firing what was clearly a shotgun like one would fire a rifle.  I do question Bruce allowing guns in the house, though.

On a side note, why did the villain have to be named "Silver Monkey"?  Every time his name came up, my mine kept shooting to THIS.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: August 05, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
It was a solid one, but Magpie episode was the best.

Some really nice action again, great fast fights, trick with bike jumping was just brilliant.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: August 05, 2013, 02:00:29 AM »
Holy **** to the ending of Rising Hope's Deloren episode.

Rob.

Rob Schneider plays the straight guy in a comedy where he marrieds a Mexican bombshell of a wife in Vegas. Wife's extended family intrude like Hitler invading Poland. Ray Romano wants his old show back. Far more laughs can be found in Judge Dredd or Everyone Loves Raymond. Avoid.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: August 05, 2013, 02:09:15 AM »
Umm... I think you mean Raising Hope? :D

Raising Hope, in general, is freaking awesome. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »
so John Frobisher Peter Capaldi is confirmed as the next doctor...

Seriously anyone who isn't excited by this hasn't seen Torchwood: Children of Earth. (which gets my upmost recommendation to anyone who can handle its extremely dark tone, which includes hands down the most sinister and (from a moral standpoint) disgusting villain in the franchises history

it will be interesting to see how he plays his new role.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: August 06, 2013, 12:00:39 AM »
Caught season one finale of Gravity Falls.

It was okay i guess, you could see the ending from a mile away but it was still solid GF stuff.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2386 on: August 06, 2013, 10:57:54 PM »
Seriously anyone who isn't excited by this hasn't seen Torchwood: Children of Earth. (which gets my upmost recommendation to anyone who can handle its extremely dark tone, which includes hands down the most sinister and (from a moral standpoint) disgusting villain in the franchises history

Meh, never heard of him. I will give him a shot though and hope he is better than Matt Smith was. Little surprised that went with such an older actor though (he's 55) since they haven't had an older Doctor in over 30 years. And he actually guest starred in a Season 4 episode ("The Fires of Pompeii").
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2387 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »
I know Beware the Batman is supposed to focus around villains, but I like my Batman to tackle street crimes every now and then. It's kinda weird for there to be so many "super-villains" in Gotham so "early" in Bruce's career. I just think that Gotham feels too safe unless you're a millionaire. And there never seems to be any traffic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 06, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

--Bureau of Internet Morality
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:05:50 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 07, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »

Meh, never heard of him. I will give him a shot though and hope he is better than Matt Smith was. Little surprised that went with such an older actor though (he's 55) since they haven't had an older Doctor in over 30 years. And he actually guest starred in a Season 4 episode ("The Fires of Pompeii").

He's very well known over here for a variety of TV shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8aDgYxfuY - the audio is NSFW. Use headphones.

Imagine having THIS doctor!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 10, 2013, 07:08:06 PM »
Well, another Saturday, another new Beware the Batman episode, this time starring Humpty Dumpty.  Happily, this is easily the best episode since episode 2, and Humpty Dumpty got a good intro (albeit one as a wannabe-Toyman).  He was depicted as psychotic and creepy (his house gave me severe flashbacks to the final stage of Condemned: Criminal Origins), but sympathetic.  More episodes like this, please.  This show seems to do truly insane villains pretty well.

Oh, and bonus points for them pronouncing Ra's Al Ghul correctly: "Ray-sh". Of course, that should be expected from the creative team that brought us Batman Beyond, where they had Terry mocking Ra's an entire episode by mispronouncing his name "Ra-sss".  :P:

Oh yeah, and the new TMNT had its season finale today. Decent enough, and Kurai's backstory reveal was expected but appreciated.  That was a very good season overall, though I wish it was more consistently aired. The show randomly aired all season.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:09:38 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 10, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »
I'd actually put this episode above #2 (which was *okay*, IMHO).  The series is on an upward trend, that's for sure.  I still don't care about this iteration Katana and the show isn't really giving me reasons to care about her.  Again, Alfred with a gun - that he pulls out at the drop of a hat?  Ugh.  And what's with all these civvies being cozy with Batman?  The Taxi Driver, Barbara...  Aren't the police and the media portraying him has some kind of whackjob that's a danger to the public and that's why they need to arrest him?

I liked how we see him "create" the gadget that he then uses to stop the toy soldiers.  Granted, the high-tech scanning doo-hicky was just really handy for him to have at that exact moment... but here we see young Batman using his brains to create the gadget, instead of just having the gadget handy.

In spite of all of my complaining, it was a pretty decent episode.

With that, I'd also like to say... geesh, I really hate the DC Nation Shorts where they're "Bringing the DC Universe one step closer to reality."  They're freaking ridiculous.  Oh, she can lasso a single guy slowly jogging across a crosswalk?  WOW!  SUPERHEROES ARE REAL!

I'd honestly love to see how many takes it took for her to get them. ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 12, 2013, 12:15:05 AM »
Breaking Bad s5e8 (s5pt2)

Starts off a strong.

I want to take a screen cap of the final scene in in the garage and set it up like SSFII, Walt vs Hank - FIGHT!!! power bars and all, Walts will have some damage done already of course. but that will have to wait till after everyone has seen the episode. don't want to spoil, even though it should be obvious already.

It should be a helluva ride from e9 through e16.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 12, 2013, 02:40:04 AM »
Tread lightly.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 12, 2013, 03:15:47 AM »
If anyone posts Breaking Bad spoilers that aren't properly tagged I will ban you from this site.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 12, 2013, 03:32:13 AM »
[spoilers]Walt. Jr. eats breakfast[/spoilers]

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 12, 2013, 12:28:43 PM »
[spoilers]Walt. Jr. eats breakfast[/spoilers]

It's been rumored that in the last episode, in a shocking twist, Walt Jr.'s breakfast eats him.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 12, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »
Breaking Bad s5e8 (s5pt2)

Starts off a strong.

I want to take a screen cap of the final scene in in the garage and set it up like SSFII, Walt vs Hank - FIGHT!!! power bars and all, Walts will have some damage done already of course. but that will have to wait till after everyone has seen the episode. don't want to spoil, even though it should be obvious already.

It should be a helluva ride from e9 through e16.

The remainder of the episodes will have to move at a breakneck pace if their intent is to tie up all the loose ends in the story.  A few thoughts of mine from the premiere:

• Stellar cold-open.  The imagery while he's walking through his abandoned house is almost haunting, and that shot of him looking at his reflection in the broken mirror of his old bedroom was incredibly disturbing.
  • I personally wasn't a fan of them wasting almost 5 minutes of Badger & Skinny Pete bantering about Star Trek fan fiction ideas, especially with so much left to cover.  I only hope there's some larger purpose to what originally seems like wasted time.
  • Walt truly seems like he wants to move-on from the drug trade, and his handling of Lydia at the car wash mirrored how effectively Gus blocked Walt out of talking meth business at Los Pollos Hermanos when he confronted him then.
  • After initially confronting Walt about being Heisenberg, Hank got completely overshadowed by the towering presence Walt had over him.  It's incredible after how Walt tried to reason with him, once Hank mentioned giving up the kids to him, Walt switched to the menacing figure so quickly.  Dean Norris did an incredible job displaying so much anger, rage, fear, and confusion in one look.

I'm so glad this show has started moving towards the end.  I'm excited to see what rabbits the writers pulled out of their hats for this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Don't Read This Post!! ~or~ I have already been banned!?
« Reply #2398 on: August 12, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
If anyone posts Breaking Bad spoilers that aren't properly tagged I will ban you from this site.

[spoiling]

[/spoiled]

that was a spoiler in the sense that a scene that perfect will likely not happen, and now you will be disappointed. I hope that didn't spoil it for you.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 15, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »
LOST

Don't ask me why I decided to watch this (or even why now). If I told you the reason, you'd simply shake your head.

That being said, the only mystery I wanted answered by the end is how many times will they show someone giving birth. It turns out the answer is a **** TON. They even had this one chick, Claire, give birth seven separate times to the same child.

The show started out pretty good, but soon enough I found myself forwarding through the flashbacks and flashforwards just to move the plot along. It's too bad the plot eventually turned out to suck and then ended in the worst way possible. Seriously, they couldn't have wrote a shittier way for it to end except for it all being a dream.

There were so many interesting things that could have happened that simply didn't or wasn't explored further. All the questions they answered ended up making those questions non-consequential or completely bland. It also didn't help that they focused on the love-traingle (square?) for like three seasons.In all honesty, I could have watched the first two seasons and then the last and been completely fine plot wise. Nothing really happened in that time.

And that's really the main problem with the show. Nothing really happened despite a lot happening. Poor story writing is to blame for sure.

A waste of time/10
black fairy tales are better at sports