Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1212981 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1650 on: July 22, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
My local theater updated their Facebook status...
Fanboys rejoice! Warner Bros. officially announced at ComicCon that 2015 will bring the union of Superman and Batman in a new film directed by Man of Steel-helmer Zack Snyder. A Flash Gordon film is tentatively set for 2016 with a Justice League movie to follow in 2017
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 22, 2013, 11:25:25 PM »
Holy crap, Batman.

My local theater said they'd gotten the news from BoxOffice Magazine.

And they did.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-20-analysis-how-big-will-the-supermanbatman-movie-be

Fanboys rejoice! Warner Bros. officially announced at ComicCon that 2015 will bring the union of Superman and Batman in a new film directed by Man of Steel-helmer Zack Snyder. A Flash Gordon film is tentatively set for 2016 with a Justice League movie to follow in 2017.

Word for word. lolol
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 22, 2013, 11:28:14 PM »
Oh my gawd.

http://www.examiner.com/article/comic-con-2013-avengers-age-of-ultron-superman-batman-movie-announced

Whoever gets the Batman role should also be in the "Justice League" movie that is tentatively being planned for release in 2017 by Warner Bros. Pictures. That movie is going to feature Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash (aka Flash Gordon), Aquaman and other superheroes to be announced.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:10 PM »
Oh my gawd.

http://www.examiner.com/article/comic-con-2013-avengers-age-of-ultron-superman-batman-movie-announced

Whoever gets the Batman role should also be in the "Justice League" movie that is tentatively being planned for release in 2017 by Warner Bros. Pictures. That movie is going to feature Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash (aka Flash Gordon), Aquaman and other superheroes to be announced.

My, someone at the Examiner has no ****ing idea who The Flash is.  ::)   And seriously, why Aquaman? I know he can be a serious character, as he was in Justice League with the grappling hook for a hand. My problem with the character is that I've only ever seen him in 2 different modes: either he's a laughable moron (Brave & the Bold, Superfriends), or he's an almost completely unlikeable asshole (Justice League, Injustice: Gods Among Men).  I can't say I'd want to see either in a Justice League movie.  I'd rather have the Martian Manhunter or Hawkgirl.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:02 PM »
I'd be surprised if we'll see either of the Hawks.  Could be wrong, but... I *would* love to see the Hawkworld mini-series brought to film though.

I think an Aquaman film, as a stand-alone project, *could* be promising...  Just not sure how I feel about him just popping up in a Justice League movie.

I figure they'll put Cyborg in the movie.  They've been pushing him as a major member of the Justice League of late and it would give the movie some diversity.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »
I'd be surprised if we'll see either of the Hawks.  Could be wrong, but... I *would* love to see the Hawkworld mini-series brought to film though.

I think an Aquaman film, as a stand-alone project, *could* be promising...  Just not sure how I feel about him just popping up in a Justice League movie.

I figure they'll put Cyborg in the movie.  They've been pushing him as a major member of the Justice League of late and it would give the movie some diversity.

I could live with Cyborg, though somehow I doubt his "BOO-YAH!"s would come off quite as well with a different actor than the one from the Teen Titans series.  :P:

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 23, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »
Yeah,

Aquaman is the outsider of Justice League for the most part.  He does his own thing but is reliable enough that if needed he can be counted on though he is never a rank and file member.  I don't think I want him in a movie either.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1657 on: July 23, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »
Aquaman is sooooooooooooo under rated.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1658 on: July 24, 2013, 01:18:19 PM »
I don't know anything about comics and even I laffed at that Flash Gordon goof.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1659 on: July 24, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
That misconception is a lot more common than you think. In fact, Seth McFarlene's whole career is based on correcting it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: July 25, 2013, 01:03:33 AM »
47 Ronin
starring Keanu Reeves

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 25, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
Well, finding who has the rights to Flash Gordon is more of a pain then I thought.  Ultimately I don't think I straightened it out.  Though Flash Gordon has had a series with Marvel and DC.  Though I think now Dark Horse looks to have the actual rights.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 27, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »

I still don't know hardly a thing about this franchise, but this has to be the most un-easy release Marvel has coming up. It's definitely out there with the character selection, so I see this as Marvel's hardest sell. Hope the first trailer is AMAZING....
I see this being like Thor - where a lot of people just didn't try to give it a chance.

Ok, so now I've seen the Guardians of the Galaxy on Earth's Mightiest Heroes & now on the latest episode of Ultimate Spider-man s2e18 and it has me really skeptical of this movie. I sincerely hope these characters have a whole lot of character, because I'm not sold on it so far.
I sincerely hope this movie is awesome, and i hope to be HYPED enough for an opening weekend watch, but this just seems like the movie where maybe Marvel went too far.

Between Rocket and Groot, and then Starlord appearing to not actually being anything special outside of his gun... I'm just not sure what to make of this team of "Super(?)" Heroes.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 29, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »
Luthor 3

Gaping plotholes (Benny who knows Alice very well, and met her personally, now can't tell her apart from Mary?). Reused premise from previous two seasons (Luther -- Jack Bauer style escapes from internal investigations and in the end saves everyone while working underground).

It's still Idris Elba though. So it's at least worth a watch.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 31, 2013, 11:52:12 PM »

(This is fan art, but still good for speculation. They did imply Ultron will be a creation of the current Avengers...)

Now speculate.

Where will Antman fit into all this? Will Ultron be a corrupted version of Jarvis?
If Tony destroyed all his suits, where did this one come from? (he didn't destroy them all...? shocker!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:56:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: August 01, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »
I thought all of that was confirmed? Antman didn't have anything to do with this version of Ultron, Stark created this version instead, and that it was a Jarvis that went nuts?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 01, 2013, 02:00:59 AM »
it was confirmed that Antman won't be in Avengers 2 and Ultron is a creation of the current Avengers.
It was either implied or speculated that Stark tech is responsible for Ultron (Iron man Armor{s} & Jarvis?)

What I asked was "Where does Antman fit into all of this (since he is unlikely to have anything to do with creation of Ultron)?"
Will Ultron be Jarvis' evil alter ego?
and and the last question was more based on the picture implying that Ultron is Ironman Armor or created by Ironman.

unless you heard more from Whedon & Co.? if so share.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 01, 2013, 02:58:47 AM »
Ha ha, no, I don't have any insider information. I'm going off of what I heard from The Big Pull podcast. They hadn't explained what was announced for sure so I assumed certain things based on their conversation. Sorry!

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 02, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

--Bureau of Internet Morality
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:06:38 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1669 on: August 02, 2013, 11:07:32 PM »
No, you're a towel.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 03, 2013, 12:22:40 AM »
With some luck, Antman doesn't fit in anywhere. He's a terrible character and so is Wasp.

Well, if Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is any indication, Wasp can be a pretty decent character ("Check it Out! I'm riding a horse!  THROUGH SPACE!" "Hulk, Smash Him!"), especially when she's playing off of Hulk.  I find Ant man incredibly bland, though.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 05, 2013, 01:03:25 AM »
God help me, I'm getting somewhat excited for the Michael J. Fox Show. What little I've seen shows a bit of a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" vibe, with Fox playing himself and a bit of a self-deprecating style. I loved him on Spin City 15 years ago and I think he's still one of the best comedic actors out there.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 05, 2013, 01:53:22 AM »
That is nice. It would be great to see him back in the saddle.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 05, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
The bigger story would be if Parkinson research has been able to allow him to Truly get back into the saddle.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1674 on: August 05, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
The bigger story would be if Parkinson research has been able to allow him to Truly get back to the future.

Fixed.