Community Forums > Movies & TV

Mandoverse: Disney's Other 'Cinematic Universe'

<< < (2/2)

Shorty McNostril:

--- Quote from: Stratos on January 26, 2021, 12:27:35 PM ---Thrawn never properly failed in his role and was always a step ahead of the Rebels; it was always his underlings who botched or ignored his orders and cost the win, other than the space whale ending which I disliked.

And sure, Mando S3 will most likely be the retaking of Mandalore, but that is one show out of at least three that will lead to something bigger with Thrawn at the center of it.

--- End quote ---

I completely agree with both points. I enjoyed Rebels more than Clone Wars. That B-Swing episode really stuck out to me and I just adore it. But that space whale ending let it down something fierce. Just came completely out of nowhere. However the bright side was that it removed Ezra from everything. I think he was by far the least interesting character in the show.

And yeah, the retaking of Mandalore will also be the catalyst to the helmet and armour coming off full time. He's now been exposed to the concept of the non-radical Mandalorians via Bo-Katan. They've been hinting at it for a while.

Stratos:
I think the real challenge with Mando removing the helmet/armor will be when attempting to unite the different Mandalorian factions. He is the key to getting the Death Watch/Children of the Watch to join the fight and they may very well reject him because he no longer 'has honor' in their eyes. Its been easy enough for Mando to break down his walls and perceptions when being isolated from others that thought him and thought the same, but with Grogu out of the picture (temporarily) he'll potentially caught between various Mandalorian cultures. I'm expecting we'll see all of the various clans reuniting, including long-lost clans and ones we've not gotten to see yet.

Stratos:
So Book of Boba Fett finished filming, and wording of crew memorabilia seem to indicate it is a first season, would may mean we'll get more in the future as well.

--- Quote from: Shorty McNostril on January 26, 2021, 02:49:22 PM ---I completely agree with both points. I enjoyed Rebels more than Clone Wars. That B-Swing episode really stuck out to me and I just adore it. But that space whale ending let it down something fierce. Just came completely out of nowhere. However the bright side was that it removed Ezra from everything. I think he was by far the least interesting character in the show.

--- End quote ---

An interesting thought I read elsewhere was that Kalani (sp?) the Tactical droid and it's Separatist droids should have been the surprise to show up and save them from Thrawn. I'd have rather seen Thrawn actually fail and be shamed into exile by Palpatine to line up more with what happened to him in the EU, but either way the goal of getting him out of the picture was achieved, space whales or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version