Author Topic: NWR Beautification Committee  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
NWR Beautification Committee
« on: August 06, 2020, 12:54:25 AM »
Thanks to Insanolord dropping the forums on its head as he moved them to their new server home,  >:( , you may have noticed a lot of missing forum avatars. While I've had a few I've been able to dig up and apply from past traumas I've inflicted on these forums, there are many gaps in the icons I've got. Moreover, there are a lot of users who just around anymore so we can't rely on them to re-upload their avatars. Therefore, it will have to fall to those of us who remain to pick up the rubble of these Covid infested forums and correct the mistakes made by the "manager" of this "community".

I invite you to join me in helping give the NWR Forums some personality again by decorating the user profiles surrounding us and enshrined in old threads with avatars. How can you help out and be a part of this Beautification Committee? Well, if you can remember a user's avatar and find an image of it then please post it here and a mod here can update that profile with it. Or if you just want to give someone else an avatar of your own choosing then good enough and I'll upload that onto their profile as well. Who cares at this point? This forums should only be operated after heavily drinking anyways.  ;)  8)

So, use this thread as the N.B.C.'s HQ and dump off your submissions here. Together, we can make these forums great worse sadder funnier a bigger mistake than they've ever been before!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Beautification Committee
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:51:12 AM »
broodwars:

Ian Sane:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 12:36:21 PM »
I see as part of the beautification you upgraded my "Roy Emoji" to the real deal, so you are definitely succeeding at the beautification part.

GoldenPhoenix had a Samus avatar back in the day, and I remember it being a hybrid half-in, half-out suit shot. A lot of those ones I found were not very good or what felt like a good fit for GP, but this seems like a nice one. She's not super active here anymore so it would be a good place holder pic for her.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »
Well, I already updated Ian Sane's avatar back to his Batman look yesterday and I do have Broodwars Utah Jazz saved. I didn't update it yesterday since it seemed he could wait having announced his retirement. At the same time, not opposed to giving him something new. Nice to see that users want to help look after everyone's two favorite posters right away.....

As for GP, she's been using some evil queen like avatar for awhile ever since she popped back in here with BeautifulShy to say hi. I also have that saved and will upload it tonight so those users are already good. I've got Mouseclicker, Wandering, S-U-P-E-R, Phil, Plugabugz, Dasmos and KDR_11K also off the top of my head so they'll be good. I suppose you may want to wait for me to finish up using what I've still got saved to see what's left over then. I'm pretty sure I've got nothing for Knowsnothing, Miyamoto, Mario, Degullo, Chozo Ghost, Infernal Monkey, Nile Boogie Returns, or Kytim89 for some names if you are looking for inspiration. Some of those I can picture the avatar for and some I can't.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 09:52:22 PM »
Which one of you bastards did this?!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »
So, I've updated as many users with their older avatars as I could. Saw a few more lucky individuals who still got to keep theirs through the move. At this point, everyone without an avatar could use some beautification.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 06:47:34 PM »
Mouseclicker, Wandering, S-U-P-E-R, Phil, Plugabugz, Dasmos and KDR_11K  Knowsnothing, Miyamoto, Mario, Degullo, Chozo Ghost, Infernal Monkey, Nile Boogie Returns

:'(
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 06:59:17 PM »
I don't know exactly which dunking photo Kobeskillz used, but there's plenty of material to choose from.