Author Topic: Mario Party: Star Rush  (Read 11030 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Mario Party: Star Rush
« on: November 18, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »
I hope this is okay to link to my blog, because I can't quite get the formatting to work transposing my review to NWR's forum. If it's not okay, I'm very sorry and will amend this post!

====

Mario Party has seen a bit of a metamorphosis over the years. It wasn't that long ago that many critics and fans were growing tired of the series, bored with the same old, same old. When ND Cube was founded, the developers there became the new team behind Mario Party. Their first foray was Mario Party 9, and to its credit, the game did try to change things up, despite not being a fan favorite. Now, ND Cube is at it again, trying to shake things up to make what many had considered a stale series into one with new life. Mario Party: Star Rush is the second game in the series on the Nintendo 3DS, and after devoting quite a bit of time with it both alone and with friends, it's without a doubt my favorite Mario Party from ND Cube so far, and just a good party game in general.

Check out the rest of the review with images and captions here.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Party: Star Rush
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »
When making the post, did you try pressing the "toggle view" button on the right side of the top tool bar (looks like some kind of A)? This will show the formatting code, so you can remove or change anything that's causing trouble. Alternatively, you can paste it into something like Notepad first, which will remove the formatting, and then copy the text from there.

Single-player Mario Party sounds so weird to me. I'm still sad this game isn't on Wii U. :(

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »
Yeah, but it made the text really small, left huge gaps in the post, and trying to fix that was CRA-ZY.

As for the multiplayer, like Island Tour and DS, this has Download Play, and in a better form with the Mario Party: Star Rush Party Guest app.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:25:59 PM »
I hope this is okay to link to my blog, because I can't quite get the formatting to work transposing my review to NWR's forum. If it's not okay, I'm very sorry and will amend this post!

What's this?! Coming on NWR and trying to draw away forum users to a worthwhile blog on Nintendo games while still contributing and cross-posting some of the content here anyways? I've never been so unoffended in my life!  >:(

It's fine, Phil. I only get annoyed at someone who shows up here once on this site to advertise their own YouTube/Blog/Website/Game and then disappear without every contributing anything else. To me, it's the equivalent of a spambot. This is different. It's not like this is your first and only post here and it's just to promote your site only. That's not your only and main interest in being here as shown by your other posts. No, from what I've gathered by your other posts, your main interest in being here is for some Waluigi HAWTNESS. I guess we all have our reasons for being here. Some are just better than others.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 05:12:48 PM »
Thanks, Khush! I'm trying to ween myself off the Waluigi HAWTNESS, so I've been doing deep meditation. All I hear though is "WAH" this and "WAH" that...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 12:55:36 AM »
So, which character do you choose when you play Mario Party?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 02:24:33 AM »
It's like me with Smash Bros., Mario Kart, or anything similar to that, I switch it up constantly. I don't use the concept of a "main" or anything like that. However, every game like that I do play, I always play as Mario first, it seems. :)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 04:11:02 AM »
I'll alternate between Waluigi, Daisy and Wario in Mario Party although I use Waluigi more frequently than the others. He's my go-to choice there. Mario Kart is different because characters have different weight classes that affect the karts. But Waluigi has some great taunts. There's nothing like when an opponent gets a star and the game has this big swell of music for their triumph in obtaining one because there is a brief pause of silence when that fanfare ends and the board's theme music resumes and during that silence I love to send out a Waluigi cry of "You Lousy!" to rain on their parade and let them know that it changes nothing. They're still lousy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 07:17:32 PM »
Just my luck, I tend to like the ones who are in only one or a few games like Toad, and get cycled out for other newcomers. Of the Elite 8, Wario and Waluigi are always hilarious to use for Mario Party games, in part because of what Khushrenada described. If I don't want someone ugly though, I like Yoshi or Luigi.

As for the multiplayer, like Island Tour and DS, this has Download Play, and in a better form with the Mario Party: Star Rush Party Guest app.
I know, but I don't have more than one 3DS, so it's a no go.

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 08:13:08 AM »
I kind of wish Nintendo would find a way to repackage the Mario Party Series.  The board game aspect of it (and especially the strange balancing that tries to keep everyone "competitive") has gotten old for me.  The mini-games are why I enjoy Mario Party. If they could put some slightly different wrapper around them, it may breathe new life into the series for me.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 01:59:14 AM »
I'll alternate between Waluigi, Daisy and Wario in Mario Party although I use Waluigi more frequently than the others. He's my go-to choice there. Mario Kart is different because characters have different weight classes that affect the karts. But Waluigi has some great taunts. There's nothing like when an opponent gets a star and the game has this big swell of music for their triumph in obtaining one because there is a brief pause of silence when that fanfare ends and the board's theme music resumes and during that silence I love to send out a Waluigi cry of "You Lousy!" to rain on their parade and let them know that it changes nothing. They're still lousy.

Right. Even though the characters you choose matters more in Mario Kart or Smash, I still hop between all of the roster. I do pretty okay, too. Better in MK than Smash, though!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »
I kind of wish Nintendo would find a way to repackage the Mario Party Series.  The board game aspect of it (and especially the strange balancing that tries to keep everyone "competitive") has gotten old for me.  The mini-games are why I enjoy Mario Party. If they could put some slightly different wrapper around them, it may breathe new life into the series for me.
Do you not like the minigame modes that already exist? Then again, I s'pose you usually have to play the boards before unlocking the minigames for those modes...