Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 should come to Wii.  (Read 15164 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Street Fighter 4 should come to Wii.
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 02:05:29 AM »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 03:00:41 AM »
Capcom has to test us first.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:16 AM »
Capcom has to test us first.

That's accurate, but I was mainly taking a stab at how developers claim their games can be done on the Wii, but fail to support it.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 12:28:24 PM »
I guess Street Fighter VC sales aren't high enough to warrant ANYTHING.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline DungeonO

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »
I wouldn't mind SF4 hitting the Wii.  It would be interesting to see what sort of control scheme they come up with, although alternative classic controller support would have to be a must.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 01:04:46 AM »
For a game like street fighter screw motion controls, take Guilty Gear Accent Core for example,  Wii remote and Nunchuk mode sucked, for the game it's either Classic Controller/Arcade stick or bust, gamecube controller was decent but by default the dpad is turned off for some reason so you have to dig in the menus to enable it.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 01:24:40 AM »
Hmm how would I control SFIV?
Ryu and Ken:The Hadoken I would put wiimote and nunchuk to the side of my hips and push forward to let it fly.Depending on how fast I go from hips to full extension determines speed. The Dragon Punch you would do a uppercut motion with the wiimote.Their rotating kick you would start the wiimote in front of you and move it in a circular motion. If you want to move to the left then you would move it to the left then make it back to the original position. If you want to go right then you move it to the right till you return to your original position.

Guile:
With his sonic boom you would start the wiimote and nunchuk on opposite sides and then bring them together.Flash kick you would start the wiimote tilted down then you would bring it up.

Chun Li:
Her fireball would have the wiimote and nunchuk above your head then you would move it forward. Just like Ryu and Ken speed of movement dictates speed of fireball.Spinning Bird kick you would do a lasso motion.Lightning Kick you would put the wiimote in front of you with the buttons facing up and you would rotate it in a circle.

Edmond Honda:
Hundred hand slap is the same as Chun Li's Lightning kick. You would move E.Honda forward and back with the analog stick.His Banzai Torpedo would have you have your hands beside you and you move forward both hands.

I can't think of anymore.

Flames why would it not work?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mesu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 05:11:33 AM »
Ryu and Ken:The Hadoken I would put wiimote and nunchuk to the side of my hips and push forward to let it fly.Depending on how fast I go from hips to full extension determines speed. The Dragon Punch you would do a uppercut motion with the wiimote.Their rotating kick you would start the wiimote in front of you and move it in a circular motion. If you want to move to the left then you would move it to the left then make it back to the original position. If you want to go right then you move it to the right till you return to your original position.

Guile:
With his sonic boom you would start the wiimote and nunchuk on opposite sides and then bring them together.Flash kick you would start the wiimote tilted down then you would bring it up.

Chun Li:
Her fireball would have the wiimote and nunchuk above your head then you would move it forward. Just like Ryu and Ken speed of movement dictates speed of fireball.Spinning Bird kick you would do a lasso motion.Lightning Kick you would put the wiimote in front of you with the buttons facing up and you would rotate it in a circle.

Edmond Honda:
Hundred hand slap is the same as Chun Li's Lightning kick. You would move E.Honda forward and back with the analog stick.His Banzai Torpedo would have you have your hands beside you and you move forward both hands.

That's one way to do it. I imagine controlling the speed of fireballs would work well in this method(motions controls should have variation like in Wii Sports instead just one pre-made animation for each move).There's a lot of other things to take into account such as supers and assigning the 6 attack buttons that need to exist regardless of special moves. It would be good if it had lots of control types to choose from.

One way to do it would be to make it like the genesis version of Street Fighter 2 without the 6 button pad. In that game the 3 buttons toggled in between punches and kick when the player pushed the start button. This might seem like a bad idea but remember it would be easier to switch the B,C, and Z buttons from punches into kicks because you wouldn't have to take your hand off the buttons or d-pad  to switch. A switch could be made by pressing the analog stick(because your other thumb isn't doing anything otherwise) or by shaking the remote or nunchuck. This control type could even be combined with motion control for specials and still let you do specials with quarter circle and charge commands. This could happen with in the same control type.

Another way to do this to make it a 2 button game(one button for punch, one for kick) where if you swing the remote fast while attacking you do your strongest attack and if you swing the remote slowing you do a medium attack, and if you don't swing the remote you do a quick weak attack. This can be done only using the remote or with remote/nunchuck combo. If you use the remote only you'd hold the remote sideways and play it like a normal Street Fighter game except with moving the remote. Specials would still be quarter circle and charge moves.

If you used the remote/nunchuck combo you could use the analog the determine the strength of moves. For example players would use the B trigger on the back of the remote for punches and the C or Z button on the back of the nunchuck for kicks. Then by pushing up on the analog players would make any punch or kick turn into a fierce punch or kick. By pressing down on the analog it could make kick and punch into light attacks by doing nothing they are medium attacks. This method could also be combine with motion controlled specials.

The last idea I had was for Capcom to provide a small piece of plastic with the game so players could make their own virtual arcade stick with the remote acting as the joystick. This frees up the A button for use because the D-pad wouldn't be used. After that happens the game will have 4 buttons so the final 2 buttons could come from press a combination of buttons for example:

A standard arcade layout looks like this:

1 2 3
4 5 6

with the 3 and 6 buttons being the fierce attacks. What if pressing 1 and 2 at the same time caused a fierce attack(same thing for 4 and 5)? That would mean the game only needs 4 buttons.

The reason I believe a piece of plastic is necessary to make this virtual arcade stick because you wouldn't want to press the remote vertically down on a surface with the nunchuck attached. You could do this with 2 remotes per player but that would too expensive for some people.

Edit: I just tried to mimic this control to see what it would be like and it wasn't as comfortable as I hoped. Shortly after that I noticed that if you flip the wiimote upside down so the pointer is pointed toward the ground it becomes a lot more comfortable as a joystick. The A and B buttons would not be use in this setup but instead the "1" and "2" buttons. A big advantage to this is you wouldn't need a piece of plastic to make your virtual arcade stick.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:57:19 AM by Mesu »

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »

Guile:

Chun Li:

Edmond Honda:

1. In practice it wouldn't work very well because you are asking for very specific movements.
2. It's overcomplicated and people in general won't know what the hell to do, or sometimes the game will register the movements wrong. (See: SSX Blur  the uber tricks)

In guilty gear the 4 main punch and kick moves (weak/strong punch and kick were mapped to the dpad of all places) Special moves were I think holding down a button and shaking the wii remote, for special moves it was holding like 2 or 3 buttons and shaking the wii remote. In conclusion those controls sucked.

Also in a traditional 2D fighting game people would want to use one of 3 things 1. Classic controller 2. Hori's Wii Arcade Stick 3.  Gamecube controller(if that controller is supported)
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 05:59:24 AM »
Hmm. Yes. I could buy the classic controller or Hori stick and use it with all zero of the other compatible Wii games I own. Brilliant

They should probably just come out with that weird Street Fighter Online game where you just use the mouse and two buttons. I bet it's great!

Seriously though, in the interview, it seems like he's just saying, "Yeah, well, whatever, we could do that, I guess...?"

Maybe an original Street Fighter title would be a better choice for the Wii. They should follow SNK's lead and make a dating sim with all of the female characters instead of a fighting game. I'd buy it!

Offline NotRimmer

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 06:20:17 AM »
Why hasn't anyone hired Ty to make games for them, or at least come up with game ideas?
Hey guys what's going on in this forum?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 06:29:42 AM »
I'm going to start introducing myself as a professional video game analyist/academic

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
Well after playing this game today at I have to say, WHATEVER SYSTEM STREET FIGHTER 4 GOES TO I AM BUYING! And if by any slim chance this comes to Wii, I would really rather not have motion controls forced on the game. It plays like SSF2T on speed 2 and is perfect and flavorous!!!
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
"Street Fighter IV Uppercuts Way Onto Iphone"

or "Wii gets the shaft, again.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »
Thats the thread i was looking for! ugh i couldn't remember the name and i couldn't find the SF4 thread in general gaming. Thanks!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 02:43:26 AM »
If people would title their thread something that told what the thread was about it would be easier to find stuff on here. If you are making an SF4 thread, please title it that. Don't title it "guess what's coming to other systems but not to the Wii" (or something like that).
is your sanity...

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 03:06:37 AM »
i thought member moderation was against the rules?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 04:33:53 AM »
i thought member moderation was against the rules?

I'm not moderating anyone, or even trying to moderate anyone. Its just a suggestion. It is one of my pet peeves when people give their threads some generic title that no one can possibly tell what its about without clicking into the thread. The whole point of having thread titles is to give some general idea of what its going to be about, but a lot of people don't use them right.
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 06:43:16 AM »
Chozo originally the title of the thread was "SF4 could come to Wii"
Someone suggested a name change for the title so I changed it.
EasyCure made a slight mistake in posting it here so in your eyes you thought that this was something about Street Fighter 4 not coming to Wii.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »
No, I think he's taking a dig at "Nintendo Teabagged Once Again" as not being titled properly, but that is what the thread is about, Nintendo being dogged in favor of other platforms. So if anyone happens to find news about things that should have been coming to Wii but instead came to lesser platforms, then I would consider it Nintendo getting Teabagged Once Again or as you put it "guess what's coming to other systems but not to the Wii", and we don't need a new thread about it everytime. It's an all inclusive thread, not specifically about any one specific game or item.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
I was referring to the SF4 thread he said he couldn't find. I was assuming the reason he couldn't find it is because someone gave it a confusing title. I could be wrong because I haven't seen that thread, but I know this happens often on forums.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
oh, I stand corrected.

SF4 thread in General Gaming.... don't remember ever seeing one.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:55 PM »
I think we're all assuming a SF4 thread even exists at all. Its a safe assumption to make, because why wouldn't there be a thread for that game? But I guess its possible no one ever got around to making one, and just posted news and whatever about it into other threads...

But if that's the case maybe someone should make one?
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
I just bumped the SF 4 topic in General gaming.If it comes to Wii than I guess we could use this topic for the game otherwise don't bump this topic.
Alexis, she/her/Miss