Author Topic: Potential "Broken Wiimotes" on Christmas Morning  (Read 1400 times)

Offline WiiNii

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Potential "Broken Wiimotes" on Christmas Morning
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:46:34 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone else else has experienced this yet, but if you have your Christmas tree in the same room as your TV, the lights on the tree (at least our tree) may totally screw up the Wiimotes when the tree is lit up.  This happens to us during the day as well as night.  The Wiimote fails to track properly, with the target jittering around the screen in a chaotic frenzy.  Turning off the tree instantly fixes the tracking.

I know the Wiimote is sensitive to lighting conditions, of course, but the the deterioration in usability was significant enough that I thought I'd mention it.

Our tree is off to the left of the TV.  It might not be an issue if the tree lights are farther away from the TV, or behind you while you're playing (my tree is too big to move around for further testing )

Offline armedalliance

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Potential "Broken Wiimotes" on Christmas Morning
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:29:57 PM »
Don't believe there's a need for further testing, lol. If anyone's confused about how the thing operates still and hasn't read up on it, they can check IGN's findings on it (should be easy enough to understand for everyone).

My only gripe about the sensorbar is mostly my own fault, hah, 'cause I'm relatively close to my TV and it's wall mounted (high enough up to cause stiffness in the neck, sadly, I blame my father for the location of it)