Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 127427 times)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Prediction Challenge!
« Reply #375 on: September 19, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »
Obviously, no one is going to be able to crack the mind of Sakurai, the Joker of the video game development world. But, how can close can NWR users get to that madness?

So, let's have a friendly competition to see who can predict it best.

1. How many fighters will Ultimate end up having at release? Give me your number either based on unique fighters or total number of fighters including echo characters.

2. Who are the remaining characters you think will be announced? Don't forget to mention if you think they will be unique or echo.

3. If the rumor is correct, then what do you think the final five stages yet to be shown will be?

4. If the secret mode is called Spirits after all, what do you think the mode will contain. Shoot for 5 details.

5. If there is any other predication you want to make about the game, this is your chance for extra credit. Go for it!
1. There's 74 total characters (unique and echo) now, and I believe it'll round off at an even 80 when all is said and done by release date.

2. As for who's left? My money is on Isaac (unique), Skull Kid (unique), Geno (unique), Incineroar /or/ Decidueye (unique), Ray 01 (unique), Banjo/Kazooie (unique). I don't think there are any echo fighters left to reveal.

3. Five stages? Isaac will get his own stage — possibly fighting atop the Venus Lighthouse. Geno should get a stage set in Star Road. A Custom Robo battle arena for Ray 01, Spiral Mountain, of course, for Banjo-Kazooie, and as for a final stage...possibly a new Final Fantasy stage.

4. I think the Spirits mode (if it's the single-player story mode) will be how we'll unlock the entirety of the roster.

5. I predict the game will most definitely get DLC — and with that will come additional characters, skins, music, stages. A fighter from ARMS is totally happening. I'd love to see Maximo from Ghosts 'n Goblins as playable. There's so many possibilities. Nintendo know Smash is going to print money...so they'll totally milk the DLC arm of the game, for sure.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2018, 02:36:23 AM »
My questions is what other characters could technically be Echo fighters? 

Ken,  Shadow/Mecha Sonic/Tails (maybe), Birdo (for Yoshi), Doctor Mario (I think he already is an echo fighter), Dixie Kong???  Who else?  Mrs. Pac Man?

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2018, 03:15:59 AM »
I mean, there's a jillion potential echoes they could do if they wanted. But presumably they're not going to go crazy and keep the character select screen legible given that they're insisting on keeping them as separate selectable fighters by default instead of just costume-like swaps.

But just off the top of my head:

-Probably mega evolution **** for every Pokemon or very similar Pokemon
-Dixie for Diddy
-Unlimited Fire Emblem characters for every Fire Emblem character
-A good handful of Animal Crossing characters for the Animal Crossing characters
-A good handful of F-Zero characters for Captain Falcon
-Protoman or Roll for Megaman
-Impa for Shiek
-Hilda for Zelda
-Medusa for Palutena
-Other Mother 2 or 3 characters for Ness/Lucas
-Dry Bowser for Bowser
-Upgraded Alph or Brittany for Olimar
-Other Final Fantasy lame-os for Cloud
-Other Bayonetta characters for Bayonetta
-Xenoblade X or 2 characters for Shulk

And that's just obvious one-to-one options, they could get creative and do like an Advanced Wars character for Snake or Chibi Robo for ROB or something. 

But just to register a prediction, I'll say there's two more full characters (Isabelle-grade doesn't count) and five more echoes for a 75 count. That would leave room for another 5 DLC jobs that would push the roster right to the brink of sanity.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »
1. I also think there will be an even 80. 72 unique with 8 echo fighters. As Sarail said, there's 74 now, so that means 4 more unique and 2 more echos. 

2. I think the unique ones will be Min Min, Decidueye, Travis Touchdown, and Banjo and Kazooie. Echos will be Shadow (for Sonic), and Louie/One of the other ones from Pikmin 3 (for Olimar) I think they'll integrate the poison and rock pikmin.

3. New Stages: One for ARMS, NMH, and BK. A second Splatoon stage and a new Xenoblade stage.

4. Like Subspace Emissary, but better. Single player, but can multiplayer local and online.  Does not give all character unlocks, possibly progresses as you unlock characters.

5. DLC is a lock, but won't be talked about until E3.  Potential adds include Ken (echo), Spring Man and Ribbon Girl (alts), Otcolings (echo), Geno, Isaac, Yarn Yoshi, Not Goku, Never Goku.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #379 on: September 21, 2018, 12:07:53 AM »
Here is what I find interesting.  If you are going to do DLC, don't make the DLC echo fighters.  So I could see more echo fighters to be released in the core game than as DLC.  So I could see the numbers reversed.  2 more new characters and 4 more echo fighters. 

For DLC I would love to see DLC packages.  1 Stage 1 Character 1 Echo Character of that character purchased.  Seems like a good deal. 

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2018, 01:30:01 AM »
Whoops, didn't realize the Echoes didn't count in the 68 total.

So I'd revise to match Spak-Spang, two new full characters, four new echoes for retail release. At 80 I have no idea how they'll cram more in for DLC, so I won't speculate there.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2018, 10:49:26 AM »
New rumour:

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »
Even if it's fake I still expect Ken to get in.  Dudes the original Echo fighter for fighting game and actually more popular then the majority of other characters people think have a chance of getting in.  It's kind of a win-win for Sakurai since he can easily include an extremely popular character and not have to worry about any blowback since most people expect Ken to be similar to Ryu and even love him for it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »
Ken is such a boring pick.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
Chuck E Cheese as a law enforcement officer.

Am in.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »
Chuck E Cheese as a law enforcement officer.

Am in.

Name of the game?

The Fuzz and the Cheese

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2018, 02:09:00 PM »
Fuzz E. Cheese?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2018, 11:10:40 PM »
Sakurai states the obvious by reminding us that character reveals will slow down.

Sakurai is a colossal troll so we should keep that in mind.

This is the same man who literally quit his job of 14 years because he was tired of the expectation of making sequels then less than a decade later decided to spend the next six years making Super Smash Bros. sequels. Who even knows what he is thinking ever, about anything?

I'm really trying not to get too bogged down with all the fan theories and (mostly) fake leaks. GameXplain posted a video about a semi-new theory making the rounds which suggests, based on the blog and math, that there are six to eight characters left to be revealed. Does that mean character reveals are slowing down as Sakurai said? We have nine newcomers since the first teaser. Six to eight still seems like a lot to me. Just seems easier not to think about it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure the full quote was that "character reveals leading up to the launch will slow down", which I take to mean aside from one or two characters most of the remainder are being saved for a launch info blowout like a launch day direct or something.

“We announced Isabelle in the Nintendo Direct… however, it would be a mistake to think that the new character announcements will keep going until Smash Bros. releases. We may have been a little trigger-happy so we’ll be living modestly from here on out.â€
(emphasis mine)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 28, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »
Slow down... as in Viewtiful Joe.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #391 on: September 28, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
Don't tease me like that, Reggie Senpai! T_T

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #392 on: October 02, 2018, 09:26:19 PM »
Download cards appear in Japan.

FWIW, there are two empty spaces for characters on the card.  Probably nothing, but SPECULATION!!!

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2018, 08:47:55 PM »
Surprised nobody is talking about this here since it's the new hotness.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-massive-potential-smash-ultimate-leak-allegedly-reveals-every-character-now-w-poll.76702/

For anyone that doesn't want the click the link basically it says the remaining characters are.

- Shadow
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Isaac
- Ken
- Mach Rider
- Geno
- Chorus Kids

So what do you think folk?  I mean we are almost a month away from release so is the time the big leaks happen.  The last Smash Bros roster leak was related to a copy of the 3DS version sent to the ESRB so this situation isn't too far fetched.

Personally I would love for it to be real but the inclusion of Banjo-Kazooie makes me hesitant.  I mean, Microsoft has had success with Minecraft on Nintendo systems and been open to crossplay so there is a relationship between the 2 companies.  You'd think both Nintendo and Microsoft would want Steve from Minecraft because he's way more iconic then Banjo-Kazooie.  Of course maybe Microsoft was asking for too much money for Steve and Sakurai was like "How much for Banjo then?"

Then again it could be a more emotional choice for Sakurai as well.  Iwata has said he wished Nintendo would have tried to get the Banjo-Kazooie franchise during the Rare sale, and since Iwata and Sakurai were good friends he would know this.  This could be Sakurai's tribute to Iwata by fulfilling his wish to bring Banjo home to Nintendo for this one event.   :'(

And if it's fake whoever made it certainly deserves credit for going through a lot of effort to make it.  That's takes some real dedicated to do that.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
It’s fake. Something about the shadows.

Unrelated: I wish Pokémon Trainer was a fighter as in the actual trainer himself/herself.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2018, 09:33:49 PM »
#TeamFake, and also #TeamPissedAtAbuseOfTheOnlyGoodChristmasSpecial
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 25, 2018, 10:43:07 AM »
I want this to be an elaborate ruse orchestrated by Sakurai himself.

Microsoft should be jumping at the chance of Nintendo approaching it to include Microsoft owned IP. Free advertising and zero work. Make it part of a larger licensing agreement to get Rare games on Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #398 on: October 25, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »
It's real. It's totally real.

Except for Skull Kid. Where's Skull Kid?!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:10 PM »
If my internet memory serves me, these were the list of characters mentioned in a Smash "leak" a year or so back.  I'd be fine with it if true, but blurry images and narrative weaving aren't enough for me to buy stock in it. 

Mach Rider is the perfect kind of weird, "why on earth this" choice for Smash Bros though.  Almost seems a little too out there, compared to the rest of the cast.