Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 128885 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (Working Title)
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2018, 11:57:12 PM »
MAIN TIME
Smash Bros: Kirby/Samus
Melee: Mario/Young Link
Brawl: Zero Suit Samus/Lucario
Project M: Charizard/R.O.B.
Smash 4: R.O.B./Greninja

There’s lots of characters I’ve wanted to be good with but never invested enough time into. The worst offenders are Shulk and Bowser Jr. from Smash 4. Two of my absolute favorite characters, fallen by the wayside.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »
My main:
Random

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2018, 07:13:02 PM »
My Main: Charizard, AKA the character who has been secretly in Smash Bros. since day 1.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2018, 07:34:54 PM »
My main:
Random

Same here.  That's how my brothers and I play every fighting game, to keep it from being two idiots using the same characters and spamming the same moves the whole time. :)

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »
My main is Jigglypuff, I just love the floatyness and that you can chase your opponents off stage without worrying too much about killing yourself, the shield break on the side b is great too.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »
As mentioned, my main is Kirby through any game.

But I also like to switch it up from time to time including the other Kirby franchise characters of Meta Knight or King Dedede. I do like to use Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu, Link, Toon Link, Wario, Sonic, Captain Falcon (for that Falcon Punch! and Show me your moves!), and Villager. I have varying success with these other characters but if I'm not playing Kirby then I most likely to select one of these other characters depending on the version and if they are in the game.

There's other characters I'd like to use more but something about their moves or controls holds me back from selecting them too often. There are so many characters these days and the amount of time you need to spend working on each is not something I have ever contemplated doing.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2018, 09:18:17 PM »
Probably been seen elsewhere, but it's going to be playable at E3, with a tournament to boot. So, there should be some details soon.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2018, 10:26:36 PM »
OG: Samus, Link
Melee: Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness
Brawl: Lucas, Toon Link, G&W ROB
Sm4sh: Lucas, Random

I've tended towards smaller, faster characters over the years.  For Brawl, I pretty much would do the reverse order of that listing as I warmed up and got serious.  I remember once I played a friend of mine and beat him a couple of times as ROB.  When I saw him again a while later he asked me if I still main'd ROB, and I had to think about what he was talking about because Lucas was definitely my main.

Anyway, I started playing with Random because life is funner that way, but Lucas is still my best character, followed by Mr. Game & Watch.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2018, 11:25:46 PM »
I've used Olimar as my main character since he was added. I especially love when I'm playing 4+ player matches and I can cause chaos by lobbing Pikmin into the fray.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2018, 11:28:24 PM »
Dedede was the same way. I'd just toss Waddle Dees around and watch them get murdered by everything.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »
We usually play random as well, but I'm convinced Pikachu was the best one in N64, with Link as a distant second.

In Melee and Brawl I would be best using Luigi, Captain Falcon, Link again and Dr. Mario. Though Jigglypuff was a stealth killer in Melee too haha. Smash 4 coincided with a sharp decline of friends coming by to play games, for me, so I'm not really good with anyone. Haven't even tried many of the characters yet either, like Dark Pit, the Duck Hunt Duo and a few other newcomers.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2018, 07:33:15 PM »
My ideal roster. All I really need is Dixie and Ridley to be satisfied for all eternity but it's always nice to dream!

As for the multi-characters Pokemon Trainer and Rick/Coo/Kine I'd like the Trainer to act as he did in Brawl but with the option to choose any of the 3 solo. For Kirby's buddies I want Rick as the "main" guy but different attacks or abilities have you randomly transform or team up with the other two. Take a look at Kirby Star Allies for the exact idea.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
Transformations are, in my opinion, not fun. We can agree to disagree on that.

I don't know why you would want more Kirby characters, but I respect a great deal of that list. Like you, I am a strong advocate for Hades in Smash, he was arguably the best part of Uprising and we need villains. Still think people are sleeping on Travis Touchdown, though.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2018, 10:50:16 PM »
I liked Zelda/Sheik in Melee only because it was unique and more importantly, fast. I used to transform back into Zelda to use Nayru’s wind to get back to the stage. I never really liked Pokémon Trainer though.

I’d love to see Medusa. I liked her Uprising redesign.

Honestly, at this point, I’d be more surprised if Travis Touchdown wasn’t a newcomer. Goichi Suda is friends with Sakurai, asked him to include Travis, and there’s a new No More Heroes game coming out this year. Sakurai does whatever he wants so who knows? If Travis makes it in, one of his taunts should be playing with (cat) Jeanne, meaning I’d have a new go-to character.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2018, 10:11:11 AM »
Really hoping for Travis Touchdown.  If only for how awesome the reveal trailer would be.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
My favorite roster pictures are the ones where Ridley takes up more than one character slot because of how massive he is.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2018, 12:09:55 PM »
I cracked open Smash Bros Wii U for the first time in a year so I could introduce it to my kids who are both obsessed with Pokemon and LOVE that they can play as Pikachu, Greninja, Lucario, Jigglypuff, or Charizard. 

After playing it for a good hour with them and remembering just how many options there are to play different characters...I gotta say, I'm not sure I'll be buying the new game.  I can understand if someone wants it mobile, or if you've put-away the Wii U.  But I think I'm set on Smash bros unless I find it for $30 down the line.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2018, 02:36:34 PM »
Is it because the options are so much that you think sm4sh will hold you for a while?  Or was the experience so underwhelming that you wouldn't be eager for a new one?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »
But if the new game allows you to play as EVEN MORE POKEMON, how could you possibly resist...?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »
Is it because the options are so much that you think sm4sh will hold you for a while?  Or was the experience so underwhelming that you wouldn't be eager for a new one?

The former, definitely.  Day 2 of it tonight, they’re absolutely satisfied with it and we’re having fun with the Wii U version.  They of course are pretty bad at the game, but even given that, lots of giggles in the House and fun other than having to mend bruised egos when one of them loses.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2018, 08:45:26 PM »
But if the new game allows you to play as EVEN MORE POKEMON, how could you possibly resist...?

I mean...I get the feeling Pokken may be in our future if THATS the metric.

I do wish we’d get a weird curveball character announcement like Phoenix Wright for the new one though.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »
I have said it once, and I will say it again. Bomberman for Smash Bros.  is the only new 3rd party character I want.

Long Nintendo history.  On every single Nintendo platform.  unique play style possible, being mostly a trap character. 

And one of the first multiplayer party fighting games.  If I was Nintendo I would buy the entire franchise to make it possible.  The character still has legs if you designed a new game featuring theme.

Next, I am really excited about Inklings.  There is so much potential for them to be extremely unique.  Swimming in Ink to Pop up unexpected and attack.  Ink could act like ice for characters, including a human form inkling.  Super Jump in squid form will be beautiful and awesome, then they could even have a special move to switch weapon layout making them kinda customizable to the battle.  Samus, use a sniper rifle.  DK, roller or paint brush power. 

OK, Bomberman is the only new character I must have for Smash Bros, but just for my own fun.  The new silly Retro Character they could add, that I would enjoy would be:  the twin Bubble Dragons Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »

I do wish we’d get a weird curveball character announcement like PROFESSOR LAYTON for the new one though.

There fixed that for you.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »

I do wish we’d get a weird curveball character announcement like ABRAHAM LINCOLN FROM CODE NAME S.T.E.A.M. for the new one though.

There fixed that for you.
Do you guys even curveball?

Also, Phoenix was in Ultimate MvC3. He was pretty terrible.

Also, Professor Layton has been replaced by girl Layton. Your argument is invalidated.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2018, 10:09:56 PM »
My brother showed me a video a few years ago of this one dude who was hella good with Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs Capcom 3. I’ll have to try to track it down.

I personally like Bomberman, but I also hate Konami as a company now so as a matter of principle, I don’t want to see them succeed or even benefit at all by having any character in Super Smash Bros.