Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 126966 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (Working Title)
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 04:21:17 AM »
Gotta say, Nintendo really does a good job with these Smash trailers. With the Wii U, I loved watching some of those character reveal trailers a few times over. They create such a great fan excitement moment with the characters.

When the Direct mentioned one more announcement, I was kind of hyping on something like Animal Crossing or F-Zero which might make a good surprise now but not be a showstopper one would want to save until E3. When it started and it was Splatoon characters fighting splatting at each other, I was really disappointed because we'd just had like 5 minutes of Spaltoon 2 material and I'm not into that franchise right now. So more Splatoon 2 news just felt like a let down. Then I started wondering why they would make more Splatoon stuff as one last announcement. It was then that I started to feel something was off about the clip since it was just two characters and they didn't seem to be in a stage / arena of any kind so maybe this isn't about Splatoon 2.

As the lighting went dark, I was realizing that this must be about the characters being in another game but what other game? As soon as I asked myself that question, I always immediately came up with the answer of Smash Bros. People had just been talking about how the Smash hype train normally takes a half year journey at least so Nintendo needed to get it going if Smash was happening in 2018 so this must be it. Then the Inkling Girl looked into the flames of Smash and I was pumped again after being so letdown at first. What a great rollercoaster ending to a Direct. You got me Nintendo! That image of Inkling Girl looking into the flames is the latest meme and I love it. Such a great moment encapsulating the awe this franchise still conjures.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 09:13:13 AM »
And no to Crash Bandicoot. That loser mascot doesn't deserve a spot in Smash. He couldn't even qualify or make it into Playstation All-Stars where he most belonged...
Activision apparently said no to Crash Bandicoot in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (which is weird considering making a quick buck licensing the character and doing none of the work sounds right up the company’s alley), just like Square Enix apparently said no to Cloud who ended up in Super Smash Bros. just a few short years later. This is just conjecture on my part: Sony licensed who it could, but many companies didn’t want to lend out its IP to a new, unproven developer (SuperBot Entertainment) making a brand new fighting game. Alternatively, who says no to Sakurai? He earned every bit of respect he commands in the industry.

As for Crash, I have no nostalgia for the character. However, I can get behind him in Super Smash Bros. just for the disrespekt to Sony. I don’t have anything against Sony, but for all the arrogant bullshit it pulled over the years (notably the old Crash Bandicoot ads in front of Nintendo of America), I’m all for a bit of schadenfreude.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 09:33:19 AM »
There needs to be at least a Snipperclips level.  I could see some possibility for some Ice Climbers kind of chicanery with them as a character though.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »
Gotta say, Nintendo really does a good job with these Smash trailers. With the Wii U, I loved watching some of those character reveal trailers a few times over. They create such a great fan excitement moment with the characters.

When the Direct mentioned one more announcement, I was kind of hyping on something like Animal Crossing or F-Zero which might make a good surprise now but not be a showstopper one would want to save until E3. When it started and it was Splatoon characters fighting splatting at each other, I was really disappointed because we'd just had like 5 minutes of Spaltoon 2 material and I'm not into that franchise right now. So more Splatoon 2 news just felt like a let down. Then I started wondering why they would make more Splatoon stuff as one last announcement. It was then that I started to feel something was off about the clip since it was just two characters and they didn't seem to be in a stage / arena of any kind so maybe this isn't about Splatoon 2.

As the lighting went dark, I was realizing that this must be about the characters being in another game but what other game? As soon as I asked myself that question, I always immediately came up with the answer of Smash Bros. People had just been talking about how the Smash hype train normally takes a half year journey at least so Nintendo needed to get it going if Smash was happening in 2018 so this must be it. Then the Inkling Girl looked into the flames of Smash and I was pumped again after being so letdown at first. What a great rollercoaster ending to a Direct. You got me Nintendo! That image of Inkling Girl looking into the flames is the latest meme and I love it. Such a great moment encapsulating the awe this franchise still conjures.

Once the Splatoon characters started fighting, I knew it had to be Smash.  It was falling right into that vein of "Show what looks like a trailer for one game, but then it's Smash" type of video from the Smash 4 trailers.  Plus, it didn't quite look like all the Splatoon stuff we had just seen.  And there was little else for them to announce for that franchise.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 11:22:47 AM »
And there was little else for them to announce for that franchise.
A Splatoon 3DS announcement would have be great if only for the lulz. I would have enjoyed the sheer amount of internet salt. Is that too evil?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
I got $20 on Crash in Smash Bros. Switch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »
I'll do $20 on Travis Touchdown in Smash Bros. Switch.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »
Not a surprise, but if anyone still had doubts, Sakurai seemingly confirmed that he's involved in the development of this game.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/971885028245307392

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
I hope you’re both wrong because gambling is financially irresponsible. Shame on you.

Meanwhile, Sakurai stated via Twitter he can’t announce the official title and he has been working on the game in silence “day after day.”

I hope he means literal silence because the visual of him pantomiming instructions to the team is hilarious.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 01:38:44 PM »
I will accept Crash in SSB with one condition: his stage should be a digital image of Nintendo of America HQ as off 1996 so that it's like Mario accepted Crash's challenge from the original commercial.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »
I hope he means literal silence because the visual of him pantomiming instructions to the team is hilarious.

Pictured above: Mr. Masahiro Sakurai miming the layout of a new Ice Climbers stage to his perplexed team.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2018, 02:55:43 PM »
And there was little else for them to announce for that franchise.
A Splatoon 3DS announcement would have be great if only for the lulz. I would have enjoyed the sheer amount of internet salt. Is that too evil?

Maybe a little? A 3DS spin-off could've been kinda cool, but not nearly as fun as the "one more thing".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »
I will accept Crash in SSB with one condition: his stage should be a digital image of Nintendo of America HQ as off 1996 so that it's like Mario accepted Crash's challenge from the original commercial.

Ha ha ha! Yeah and Crash needs to get worse as a fight goes on to really capture the essence of the character. Then I'll accept him in the roster.

I'll do $20 on Travis Touchdown in Smash Bros. Switch.

Now that you bring it up, I think Travis has a better chance of being included than Crash. All three games will have been on a Nintendo console and he's got a weapon and moves that could make for an interesting shift over to the game. And if the go the Smash 4 route of having a lot of 3rd Party DLC characters included that way then I could see him as part of the DLC content.

As far as the base game goes, Sakurai has kept third party inclusion quite limited and rightly so. This title is still about Nintendo's franchises and self-promotion. There are still plenty of Nintendo related characters people want to see which I think should get priority. The idea of allowing more third party characters through DLC is probably the best solution. As far as the main retail base game goes, I fully expect Sonic to stay in as one of the main third party characters. At this point, he's pretty much integrated in with the franchise. I really like the inclusion of Mega Man and is another character that just makes sense to keep including as the franchise goes forward. His titles were a big part of the NES and SNES experience back in the day. I've got nothing against Pac-Man but at the same time, I've got no regret if he gets cut. Move him to the DLC content this time around. If keeping third party characters to a limit of 3 for the main game then I think it is Bomberman's time to be that third member of the third party inclusion. With Bomberman Switch doing quite well, I think his time has finally come and he's always seemed like a good fit for the Smash series. When it comes to third party characters, those should be the top priority and then worry about others later as DLC again.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »
They're in a bit of an odd place with the series. The Smash 4 + DLC roster is already close to the ceiling of credibility for a fighting game, and from what I understand it has significant balance issues that have hobbled it in terms of competitive seriousness. And Nintendo is definitely trying to wedge its way into the esports game. Keeping up the pace of expansion would put them at like a 70+ roster, which is getting into Mugen territory. Also, in the Mario Tennis Aces presentation they were upfront about providing a "clean" game setting for "purists".

Plus, how many more characters/properties really need to be included? Splatoon is in, Arms would be another obvious addition if they plan to continue the property. Then . . . Dillon the Armadillo? Boxboy? Another DK character? Does anyone really want 2-3 more Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters each? Seems unnecessary with Pokemon having its own fighting game and Fire Emblem having its Musou spin-off. Hard to think of any other particularly well-known or relevant retro characters at this point either.

In a blue sky world, I'm thinking it would be better to seriously rejigger how the game plays and pare it down to a 30-character base roster. This would require some tough choices about cuts that would inevitably piss people off. But here's a few easy ones to start: Dark Pit, Lucina, Ike or Roy, Palutena (no one likes her), Pac Man (fine for one game, otherwise a good cut target), Lucas (even though I like him better than Ness, but probably only need one Mother character), Rosalina (Mario needs some cuts), Dr. Mario (same), Lucario or Mewtwo (don't care what anyone says, these characters are quite similar and Pokemon needs cuts), Zero Suit Samus (nest her back into Samus), Mii Fighters (**** em'), Robin or Corrin (pick one recent FE avatar). Also, lose Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta (don't need to be in more than one game, don't really jibe well)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »
I wouldn’t want the series to get to a point where the total roster count decreases even if they cut certain characters. The number should keep getting higher even if some characters aren’t brought back. Super Smash Bros. is a celebration of all these series. While esports should be a consideration, the series should never stray from its roots: a fighting game for everyone that’s easy to play but difficult to master. Rolling back the number of characters to 30 is the antithesis of that. Comparisons to other fighting games is unfair since Super Smash Bros. is a massive crossover. People want more representation because everyone has a favorite.

Instead of paring down the roster, work on making more characters viable. MagicScrumpy on the YouTube has a great series where he mods low tier characters Melee characters to give them a fighting chance. He also has a video about how to nerf Fox. Maybe Super Smash Bros. on Switch only gets five additional characters. Reworking some of the older characters so they’re viable adds considerable value and a sense of freshness to the roster.

Lucina is my bread and butter, but I can see how we’ve reached a point where “clone” characters aren’t needed to make the roster larger. The roster is already large. That said, I think Sakurai can either fold/merge the “clones” and original characters together into something inbetween, make the “clones” into costumes, or start differentiating them. Make some of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS custom moves the regular moves for “clones” by default.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2018, 06:33:01 PM »
If Nintendo focuses too much on the eSports crowd then SSB is going to go from a big franchise to a niche series.  90% of SSB customers don't give two shits about that.  Trimming down the roster would be a turnoff.  The game's appeal is a celebration of Nintendo's franchises in a big crazy free-for-all brawl.  Nintendo just has to make sure that they don't include random elements like tripping that outright destroys the game's ability to be an eSport.

Don't cater specifically to the eSports crowd but don't sabotage the game from being an eSport either.  That's a tough balance but that's what they should aim for.

The irony of all this is that I remember when the first SSB came out on the N64 and it was IMMEDIATELY dismissed by fighting fans as not being a proper fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter were.  It wasn't until Melee that the series got any fighting game "cred" and I doubt Nintendo was even trying for that.  They were probably just trying to make SSB bigger and better.

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
What balance issues have hurt Smash 4's competitive scene? The first two major tournaments of the year have had a good representation of characters in top eight: there were eight different characters used at Genesis V and ten different characters used at EVO Japan 2018. This type of character diversity has been a consistent theme with competitive Smash 4 for a while now.

Balance is an issue for a competitive fighting game when you see the same handful of characters over and over again and both competitors and spectators get tired of it (or when characters are broken, obviously). That a large portion of the Smash 4 roster isn't competitively viable doesn't mean it's poorly balanced as a competitive fighting game. Put simply, actual number of viable characters is what's important, not the percentage of the roster that falls into that category.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:29:22 PM by Oedo »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
This is why I have no problem with Nintendo just reusing the Smash Bros Wii U engine from here on out.  Smash Bros Wii U already looks incredible in motion and it would just be diminished returns trying to build a new engine from the ground up.  This way then can keep all the existing characters since they won't need to graphically rebuild them each game, which will allow a 75+ character roster which this upcoming Smash will probably have.

Seriously, the biggest appeal to each new Smash Bros is how large the rosters keep getting and the kind of characters they keep adding.  Plus because of the large roster, we're able to get more lessor known characters as well.  We got characters like Little Mac and Duck Hunt in the last Smash Bros, because Pit and ROB were already added in Brawl, and they got in because Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch were in Melee.  If you start cutting the roster then it's these kind of characters that we lose out on.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »
This is why I have no problem with Nintendo just reusing the Smash Bros Wii U engine from here on out.
From here on out? Slow your roll, bruh. Eventually, Nintendo will release 4K capable hardware, and the series shouldn’t get left behind. I get what you’re saying about diminishing returns, but working on a 2014 engine until the end of time doesn’t make sense.

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2018, 07:55:48 PM »
Seriously, the biggest appeal to each new Smash Bros is how large the rosters keep getting and the kind of characters they keep adding.  Plus because of the large roster, we're able to get more lessor known characters as well.  We got characters like Little Mac and Duck Hunt in the last Smash Bros, because Pit and ROB were already added in Brawl, and they got in because Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch were in Melee.  If you start cutting the roster then it's these kind of characters that we lose out on.

Yup. It's fair to say that they should avoid putting in more "clone" characters (and overhaul the move sets of existing characters that fall into that category) and inflating the roster count that way, but I don't understand what's gained by scaling back the size of the roster by removing unique characters (or limiting how many more unique characters are added). It seems a bit arbitrary.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2018, 09:08:27 PM »
In a blue sky world, I'm thinking it would be better to seriously rejigger how the game plays and pare it down to a 30-character base roster. This would require some tough choices about cuts that would inevitably piss people off. But here's a few easy ones to start: Dark Pit, Lucina, Ike or Roy, Palutena (no one likes her), Pac Man (fine for one game, otherwise a good cut target), Lucas (even though I like him better than Ness, but probably only need one Mother character), Rosalina (Mario needs some cuts), Dr. Mario (same), Lucario or Mewtwo (don't care what anyone says, these characters are quite similar and Pokemon needs cuts), Zero Suit Samus (nest her back into Samus), Mii Fighters (**** em'), Robin or Corrin (pick one recent FE avatar). Also, lose Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta (don't need to be in more than one game, don't really jibe well)
All of this talk sounds like someone who has no concept of the Smash competitive scene. Some highlights:
-Ike and Roy are extremely different characters, as one is all about massive knockback while the other is about optimal close-range damage with a long-range option.
-Rosalina's play style is known within the FGC as a puppet master, and arguably makes her the most unique character in the Mario roster of fighters.
-Mewtwo's appearance in Smash 4 only highlights how different he and Lucario actually are, as they possess vastly different play styles.
-Zero Suit Samus is superior to Samus in every way and the two characters play nothing alike.
-The DLC characters have some of the most unique play styles for a competitive player to utilize, and 2/3rds of those mentioned were fan picks.

Now, as for your personal preferences, such as calling out a certain goddess of light... Well, I like ARMS, so who am I to say you have no taste? But in all honesty, she's one of my favorites, so I don't get the hate.

Smash isn't like any other competitive fighter and there's nothing wrong with that. It defines its genre (platform fighter) by offering an immense amount of variety in play style and function. The argument regarding clones is legitimate, especially since some of the clones in Smash 4 are unlike Falco in the sense that they have relatively few differences from the character they are based upon on a fundamental level. Lucina's reach, run, jump, and float speeds are exactly the same as Marth's, the only difference being that one character can deal tipper knockback and damage while the other can't. Dark Pit is a bit slower and heavier than Pit, but not by much- the main difference comes from their special moves. The same can be found in Doctor Mario's slightly reduced reach. However, the better thing to do with these characters in a future entry is to make them more unique. Say what you will about the fall of Falco since Melee, changing his basic attacks and down-B have only made him more distinguishable from Fox. Roy's updated look and moveset are now much different from Marth's, and that's a good thing.

Smash 4 wasn't perfect, but it possessed enough positive changes from Brawl and a competitive metagame that was different enough from Melee that it stood on its own two feet, even if the DLC characters pushed the meta in a direction that I personally feel did not benefit the scene. I think the thing that mostly everyone can agree on is that Smash 4 introduced a lot of characters that had very unique play styles: Rosalina and Luma, Little Mac, Shulk, Duck Hunt, Pac Man, Bowser Jr., etc. If those characters were to be cut, I would be pretty disappointed, especially since the recognition for those franchises and characters has only grown since their inclusion. Please understand that this is also a party game, at least, in Sakurai's head, so having as many Nintendo franchises represented is important for people who just want to play as their favorite character and throw a Bob-Omb at their friend's head.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
Sure, I'm just spitballing and admittedly haven't followed the competitive scene very closely. My vague impression was that Smash4 has still yet to displace Melee as the go-to game due to a combination of how it plays and how the characters have shaken out (with an emphasis on DLC fighters throwing things out of whack).

But anyway, the point wasn't arbitrarily cutting characters (and sorry, Mewtwo and Lucario feel very similar, as do Roy and Ike, they all have practically the same moves, that's what people actually look at who aren't into the autistic competitive stuff), it was significantly retooling the game. Smash4 was fine, but it definitely felt like the game is settling down into a staid form. Smash Bros. Again with 15 more characters isn't that interesting a prospect and I think it'd be cool if they went back to the drawing board with a more focused cast they can then build on.

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2018, 02:28:46 PM »
Sure, I'm just spitballing and admittedly haven't followed the competitive scene very closely. My vague impression was that Smash4 has still yet to displace Melee as the go-to game due to a combination of how it plays and how the characters have shaken out (with an emphasis on DLC fighters throwing things out of whack).

But anyway, the point wasn't arbitrarily cutting characters (and sorry, Mewtwo and Lucario feel very similar, as do Roy and Ike, they all have practically the same moves, that's what people actually look at who aren't into the autistic competitive stuff), it was significantly retooling the game. Smash4 was fine, but it definitely felt like the game is settling down into a staid form. Smash Bros. Again with 15 more characters isn't that interesting a prospect and I think it'd be cool if they went back to the drawing board with a more focused cast they can then build on.

It has little to do with characters. They're just two very different games. It's understandable to assume that they compete because they're part of the same series and that the success of one game's scenes has a direct impact on the other's, but that really isn't the case. It's more like Street Fighter V vs. Tekken 7 than it is Street Fighter V vs. Street Fighter IV. Melee players will continue to play Melee, while Smash 4 players will continue to play Smash 4 and the Smash sequels that will almost certainly continue to follow Smash 4's foundation closer than Melee's. There's very little overlap in terms of competitive playerbase (especially at the top level), and both communities can co-exist and thrive on their own. All of that is to say, whether or not Smash 4 and subsequent Smash games displace Melee doesn't say much about how their competitive communities are doing.

I'm a bit confused by the second part of your post (even setting aside the part about Ike and Roy having "practically the same moves," which is not true by any measure). On one hand, you want to ignore the competitive angle and just look at characters from the perspective of the larger audience, but then you're advocating that they significantly reduce the size of the roster in order to prioritize overhauling the gameplay and/or mechanics. For most people, the appeal of Smash Bros. is that it's an extremely fun and well made game where they can play as their favourite Nintendo or video game characters. While I'm sure most people who really liked Lucina in Fire Emblem Awakening would have liked for her to have a truly unique moveset, at the end of the day, they're mostly just happy that they can play as Lucina. If you ask most people whether they want more characters with gameplay that's similar to Smash 4 or very different gameplay that comes with far fewer characters, the response would overwhelmingly favour the first option.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2018, 02:47:15 PM »
Every game has at least one "WTF" character like Wii Fit Trainer, Rob, Duck Hunt Dog, Mr Game & Watch. I can see the Snipperclips pair being the "WTF" character for this Smash.

I also fully expect every alumni player possible to return, because that should be a priority. Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers need to be in.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2018, 03:24:40 PM »
Wish list!

Stage Options
1-Hazard Toggle! I know Sakurai is against it but come on man!
2-Scroll Toggle! I love the start of the NSMBU stage!

Character Stocks
1st stock DK, 2nd Dixie, 3rd Ridley. Every time I die my new pick shows up.

Characters:
1-Ridley
2-Dixie
3-Toad
4-Sukapon
5-King K Rool

And i’ll say just once more in case I can convince someone. The Smash Bros logo is new. It has those iconic cross marks going through the SUPER and the A in Smash. The little spikes on the outer S’s are gone from the Wii U and 3DS logos. The TM is placed high near the final S instead of below. There is no outline on the lettering.

Every other port has used the exact same logo with the addition of DELUXE, DX, etc.

And the music! There is a brand new original song being played in the trailer. It gives me an epic Brawl type of vibe. It almost sounds tragic.

While I can’t say for sure, I do know for sure this is a new game.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn