Author Topic: Future Animal Crossing: New Horizons Content Detailed In Latest Animal Crossing Direct.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Brewster's not known for being fashionably late, is he?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58671/future-animal-crossing-new-horizons-content-detailed-in-latest-animal-crossing-direct

The Animal Crossing Direct has revealed content both free and paid for Animal Crossing that will start with the version 2 update November 5. This will be the final major update for the game.

• The cafe teased in the Direct will be in the museum, and various residents can be summoned with Amiibo (figures and cards)
  • Kapp'n can ferry players to different islands with different times and seasons, plus sing sea shanties
  • Harv's Island will feature Reese and Cyrus as furniture designers, Harriet with new hairstyles, and gyroids.
  • An exercise program will be added, with optional motion controls (buttons will also be supported)
  • Ordinances from New Leaf will be introduced
  • More home design options will be available, and max storage capability will increase to 5000 over several updates
  • New Nook Mile options include enhanced cooking and a "Pro Decorating License" can be used to hang light fixtures and change the design of a wall in the home
  • A "pro camera app" will include a tripod mode
  • KK Slider will have new songs, including "K. K. Polka"
  • A remote storage facility and "automatic bell machine" will be available for building

Additionally, a paid DLC called "Happy Home Paradise" was announced, in which players will fly to an archipelago and design dream vacation homes for players similarly to the 2015 3DS Happy Home Designer. Each home will be on an island, and the location and even season of the home will be adjustable. Completing the challenges will reward "Poki", which can be traded in for rare decorations, and the techniques used in the Paradise can be carried back to the base island.

Designs can be shared online (with a Nintendo Switch Online subscription), and creators can be followed. Amiibo can be used to design homes for specific characters.

Happy Home Paradise will be US$24.99 and will be available on November 5, and will also be included with the Expansion Pack for Nintendo Switch Online.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I'm going to file the addition of ordinances pretty firmly under the category of "**** that should have been in the base game."

Still. It will be nice to have my Switch's clock not be two hours behind because of this one game.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The home design was always my least favorite parts of Animal Crossing games, it's why I never bought Happy Home Designer on 3DS and have no interest in paying for it on Switch (I haven't actually bought New Horizons because I don't like how many features from past games are STILL not in this one, or how you have to download holiday updates instead of them being in the game already like they always have been)