Author Topic: Episode 333: You're a Kid, You're a Squid, You're Stagnating  (Read 1275 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Episode 333: You're a Kid, You're a Squid, You're Stagnating
« on: August 12, 2022, 08:51:51 AM »

All the iteration of annualization without the annoying release schedule.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/61195/episode-333-youre-a-kid-youre-a-squid-youre-stagnating

Alex joins John and Neal once again to discuss the latest in the world of Nintendo. A slightly adjusted noise pattern on Mario Kart 8's grass texture means Nintendo's perceived laziness has dropped by roughly 40%. With that out the way we can concentrate on whether the second round of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC is actually fun. We also check out the new DioField Chronicle demo and are pleasantly surprised to see Square Enix managed to invent the entire RTS genre. Finally, we had a half out Splatoon 3 Nintendo Direct which left us somewhat hesitant about the new entry.

After the credits roll, we circle back around with Alex to let the spoilers fly after he completed his playthrough of the original Xenoblade.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 333: You're a Kid, You're a Squid, You're Stagnating
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 10:22:52 AM »
Neal, you said in the episode that you thought Breath of the WIld had outsold the rest of the Zelda series combined. I thought that wasn't right, but got me to thinking it might be close. Turned out we both way, way underestimated past Zelda game sales.

Breath of the Wild is far and away the best-selling Zelda game at 28.2 million copies (including the Wii U version), but the rest of the original Zelda games have sold 66.28 million copies. Add in the remakes that have been made over the years for an additional 27.56 million copies for a series total of 93.84 million copies (not including BOTW).

Legend of Zelda Series Sales