Author Topic: Min-Min Amiibo Smashing Into Stores April 29, Steve And Alex Amiibo Delayed  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

...that's what was missing from the last Direct, Amiibo announcements.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/59766/min-min-amiibo-smashing-into-stores-april-29-steve-and-alex-amiibo-delayed

Although Nintendo Switch Sports is a $40 MSRP, Nintendo is affording the opportunity to make up the difference.

The Min-Min Super Smash Bros. Amiibo, the first of the second wave of DLC character Amiibo, will launch on April 29. The release coincides with Nintendo Switch Sports.

The Steve / Alex Amiibo was also originally targeting spring 2022: a "logistics and production delay" has caused the pair to be delayed to later in 2022.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I am still not seeing any pre-order options at online retailers. Anybody else able to pre-order?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I forgot that I'm compelled to buy new amiibo as they come out. I was happy having forgotten and just staring at my existing collection.

Very excited to buy Min-Min though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I am seeing reports that this amiibo is not coming to North America, which would explain the lack of pre-order options. However there is a listing on Best Buy for it. Is there anything official from Nintendo on this?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
That's ridiculous.
Plus, GameStop.com had preorders up two days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/u7am6d/min_min_amiibo_gamestop/

Although, really, less "preorder" and more "Order" at this point.

Basically, the global situation screwed the pooch on the ability of Nintendo to deliver amiibo on-time, everyone threw a pissy fit, and I think all the US retailers were just like "why do preorders anyway?  they're gonna sell either way."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
This is good news to me as I was dreading the import fees. Hopefully we will see orders up at all the usual retailers on day of release.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I was wondering why I didn't remember pre-ordering Min-Min with the release date approaching. I got worried that I was about to buy two of them.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.