Author Topic: Episode 52: Nintendo Indirect  (Read 3626 times)

Offline NdIGiTy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Episode 52: Nintendo Indirect
« on: September 22, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »

The Connectibites discuss what Nintendo didn't talk about at the big Wii U event, and recall some Animal Crossing memories.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/31837

Are you tired of all the positive Wii U discussion we've been having here lately? Well then, boy do I have just what you're looking for! This week, we're brining you down by discussing all the things Nintendo left out of their big Wii U event. What that means is a lot of talk about online infrastructure, and a few other things as well!

After that, Scott and Nate look back over some of their fondest memories of Animal Crossing.

If you're interested, we also have a bonus segment this week, where you'll hear Scott and Nate talk about the new series of Doctor Who! Vwoorp Vwoorp.

If you've got any burning questions you can send them to us by clicking here. Also, please rate and review our little show on iTunes!

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 52: Nintendo Indirect
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
On points vs actual currency on eShop, in Nintendo Network deluxe program description they mention points, so i guess, points are to stay.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
On points vs actual currency on eShop, in Nintendo Network deluxe program description they mention points, so i guess, points are to stay.

Havent listened to the podcast, so I may be incorrect when I say this, but I'm pretty sure the points are not the form of actual currency you use.  You use real dollars to buy a game, then you are rewarded with, say, 500 nintendo points for your 50 dollar purchase.  You can then apply those 500 points to your next 50 dollar purchase to make it a 45 dollar purchase.

Offline NWR_DavidE

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »
Obligatory XKCD (for Dr. Who segment): http://xkcd.com/716/

The way I read into the line where Amy says "our friends are going to start noticing us aging a bit faster then them," is that they're actually aging between when their non-doctor friends see them. Take for example when Amy was pregnant. If The Doctor picked them up on their wedding night and returned them the day after, they would've both aged a full 9 months during that day.

It's similar to that episode with the Two Streams facilities. Amy is in the other stream, and she ages two weeks in the 15 seconds where the Doctor was trying to 'fix' the magnifying glass.

But that's just me.
David Egolf - Programmer

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I think that was illustrated pretty well in the most recent episode, too, where the three went on some crazy adventure that lasted something like a couple of weeks only to reappear at the same party as if nothing happened. Timey wimey, and all that.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 05:49:11 AM »
Yes, I think that it's implied that the Doctor, Amy and Rory have gone on many more adventures than we've actually seen as episodes as well.  So, I imagine that the time away from home along with the added stresses of being companions have taken their toll on their ages.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
Lets not forget that technically, Rory may actually be older than the Doctor. Though yeah that's the whole thing about time travel, You always have a fixed Future and Past.  Where and when you spend it is another matter.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
Rory couldn't be older than the Doctor since it has been stated many times on the show that the Doctor is over 900 years old. His current incarnation may look younger, but his age is still the same.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
Rory waited through a lot of time for Amy to come back.

Ah, I found the length. Two millennia is how long Rory watched over Amy as the Last Centurion.  Which would technically make Rory the oldest out of the group.

If my lore does not betray me even at 900 years the Doctor is still considered a Middle Age Gallifrain.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.