Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 925068 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I disagree with that.

Vehemently.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
I feel like I just have a guilty conscience sometimes when it comes to stirring up trouble.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Adrock may very well be the last person I would think of as someone who stirs up fights.
I prefer discussions though I’ll debate a topic. I make an effort not to be antagonistic with varying success. I suppose how others take that is out of my hands.
I disagree with that.

Vehemently.
Is there something you want to get off your chest?

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
I confess, I used to push your buttons because you were too reasonable and sometimes I felt like you were smug about it. I originally came to this forum to defend Ian Sane from rant he had gotten piled on and didn't start off making friends right away.
I am trying to be better now. I don't have a lot of the anger I used to and I am more mature now, things that used to amuse me just make me ashamed of my old self.
But, to be fair, I had severe social anxiety on top of gender dysphoria and was raised in one of the most conservative Baptist families, I was a mess.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
You are welcome to try to push my buttons, but even when my posts are a bit more strongly worded, it doesn’t really bother me. I’ll defend myself or a viewpoint, but the way I see it, I’m not letting comments on a video game message board ruin my day.

If you felt I was being smug, it isn’t my place to tell you that you’re wrong. What I will tell you and everyone else is that isn’t my intention and I don’t mean anything personally. You brought up Ian, and to be honest, I actually like Ian. I generally like everyone on NWR, admittedly some more than others. My issue with Ian (before he mellowed out in the past year or so) wasn’t that he disliked say, motion controls. It was that he would disrupt so many discussions, and often with statements that made no sense. “Nintendo tricked people into buying the Wii.” Like, how the **** is that even possible, sir? We could be trying to have a nice conversation about pancakes and then it would always devolve into Nintendo being ****.

I can tell you that I don’t like condescension or flat-out false statements, things that objectively can’t be true. For example, I vaguely recall getting into it with someone who complained that it was Nintendo’s fault because they bought a DS right before Nintendo announced DSi. In those instances, I feel the urge to say something. More often than not, I should just walk away because the thread is done at that point. In the last few years, I have. The point of a previous post in this thread is maybe I should more often.

Look, thread derailment happens often here, but it will usually at least be kind of relevant/related to the original topic and often everyone is having a fun time until someone drops a hate bomb. I still post here because I want to talk about Nintendo things, and it’s small enough that we all internet know each other. I like lurking ResetEra for example, but I’d never join that community because I feel like there are so many people, I wouldn’t be able to get to know anyone.

And yeah, I’m aware that I wrote a lot here.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:37:49 PM by Adrock »

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
You are welcome to try to push my buttons, but even when my posts are a bit more strongly worded, it doesn’t really bother me. I’ll defend myself or a viewpoint, but the way I see it, I’m not letting comments on a video game message board ruin my day.

If you felt I was being smug, it isn’t my place to tell you that you’re wrong. What I will tell you and everyone else is that isn’t my intention and I don’t mean anything personally. You brought up Ian, and to be honest, I actually like Ian. I generally like everyone on NWR, admittedly some more than others. My issue with Ian (before he mellowed out in the past year or so) wasn’t that he disliked say, motion controls. It was that he would disrupt so many discussions, and often with statements that made no sense. “Nintendo tricked people into buying the Wii.” Like, how the **** is that even possible, sir? We could be trying to have a nice conversation about pancakes and then it would always devolve into Nintendo being ****.

I can tell you that I don’t like condescension or flat-out false statements, things that objectively can’t be true. For example, I vaguely recall getting into it with someone who complained that it was Nintendo’s fault because they bought a DS right before Nintendo announced DSi. In those instances, I feel the urge to say something. More often than not, I should just walk away because the thread is done at that point. In the last few years, I have. The point of a previous post in this thread is maybe I should more often.

Look, thread derailment happens often here, but it will usually at least be kind of relevant/related to the original topic and often everyone is having a fun time until someone drops a hate bomb. I still post here because I want to talk about Nintendo things, and it’s small enough that we all internet know each other. I like lurking ResetEra for example, but I’d never join that community because I feel like there are so many people, I wouldn’t be able to get to know anyone.

And yeah, I’m aware that I wrote a lot here.

Yeah, I never disliked anyone, but I now see most of my habits were that of a true troll. I didn't mean to be, or didn't realize I was being that way, and that is the truth. Most of my blow outs weren't over people disagreeing with me, it was what I felt like was bullying. I see now, well I was wrong. But I always felt like the whole world was bullying me so I took that with me everywhere I went.
I am the opposite. Or I used to be when I started out. I prefer playful banter. I often would say things, this is true, that weren't meant to be taken 100 percent literally, and then get attacked (or I felt like I was being attacked when people would post 10 pages of arguing over what was literally just me being silly most of the time) So when someone would mistake my, in my mind, innocent hyperbole if you will, for malicious falsehoods, I got offended. I took it personal.

I also have a physical handicap with my hands. My fingers do not bend right. My hands were damaged as a kid. So when I started out typing was painful (still is to be honest but I grew up I can deal with the pain) so I typed fast and moved on. I refused to us spell checker because, I was a kid. I was a hyper active mess. But, I always felt loved here, I felt welcomed. If I didn't I wouldn't keep coming back. Now, it's just habit. I come here because I have always come here. I have no where else to go.

I did mess up and call Ty some really bad names when he made me angry over the bullying. I stand by my assessment what he did was bullying. The whole Petriots crew I grew to resent. (I am sure I spell that wrong I don't care though) I am over it now. I don't get their 'humor' it bothers me. What I took personal though, always did but now I just push it aside, Rabicle, others like him, would never be serious, always posting obvious joke threads, even outside the funhouse, so I assumed that was the vibe here and I guess I wasn't their kind of humor so we clashed and it upset me people thought their antics was funny and I was just stupid and thats as far as this goes. Its all in the past.

I like you guys, I want to be a better person and I am trying to not be a jerk. The only reason I said anything is I truly do not want to repeat my past bad habits and I am just being overly cautious so forgive me if I get paranoid because I really don't want to revert to my old habits.
I think, I won't name names, but I think some of the racial people hold a grudge for some of the ignorant things I said in the past not realizing I was being hurtful or disrespectful. I never owned up for my sins. I just made excuses. I am trying to own up to them but also, move past them.

Yes, okay I know that changing my name to Stephanie and dressing like a girl doesn't make me a whole new person. And yes I know I have a really bad history on this site. I just, I really have changed. I really have found a place in my life to see how ugly I really was and try not to be that person.

Also, more than anything, I just want to be the new me, and forget the old me. Thank you Adrock for engaging with me in this discussion, it's helped me get past some of my, why I was a monster.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
We've all had our weird times on the forum. I was a bit a of a wreck for a time myself, for reasons I never quite disclosed, and I think my behavior on the forums suffered as a result. But, as long as you're willing to work at improving your behavior and not piss off everyone all the time (all the time, of course, you can piss people off on occasion), the community should have no reason to reject or judge you for that. That's the way I see it, anyway, and I'm thankful that I have had this place to visit and interact with, even if the boards are slow at times. In a way, that makes them far more manageable and personable, much like Adrock mentioned in regards to Resetera
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
But that's a whole two days late. Talk about not caring about their backers. :smug:
I just wanted to take a moment and applaud this effective, lighthearted ribbing.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
Just coming in to say sorry for stirring the pot before the train wreck hits.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Just coming in to say sorry for stirring the pot before the train wreck hits.

Don't blame yourself. Nothing you can do about Nintendo's E3 conference.

We've all had our weird times on the forum. I was a bit a of a wreck for a time myself, for reasons I never quite disclosed, and I think my behavior on the forums suffered as a result. But, as long as you're willing to work at improving your behavior and not piss off everyone all the time (all the time, of course, you can piss people off on occasion), the community should have no reason to reject or judge you for that. That's the way I see it, anyway, and I'm thankful that I have had this place to visit and interact with, even if the boards are slow at times. In a way, that makes them far more manageable and personable, much like Adrock mentioned in regards to Resetera

That would explain my quote in your sig. Feel better mate. Group hug for the whole forum. I'll be all ya'll's friend no matter what.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile

It's a shame they lost this prop. It personified him almost perfectly.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
 :-[
All I can say is I will stay out of General Chat. I let things get the better of me and I shouldn't have. Please just let it be a relapse and I will admit to my part and walk away. I know the damage is done but, I still regret my part.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Pac Man - Ms Pac Man

I mean all they really have to do it make Pac-Man faster and add a bow and lipstick.  Probably the easiest Echo character to implement.

Plus it's been almost 40 years now. Put a ring on it already, "Missus" Pac. 
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
You and your old world way of thinking. Wait, if they both already have the same last name I am worried there might be some, um, shady southern stuff already taking place...

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
omg you're right XD

But why is it hyphenated if they're not married? Are they divorced and trying to get back together?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
It's actually a little known fact that Ms. Pac Man divorced Pac Man after Pac Man 2: A new Adventures. The real question is who has custody over Pac Baby and Pac Jr?

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
It's a scandal like is DK Jr. the DK in DKC or not?

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
yes, yes he is
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Khush is just mad that I found a way to mess with the forums that he didn't know about.