Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 345253 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1575 on: May 18, 2007, 05:12:11 AM »
How about riding on the back of an ET which is driving through a (graphically simplified) track, complete with jumps, tight turns (which pull everyone a certain direction, similar to wind in Kirby's stage), water hazards, low-hanging branches, and so on. Perhaps if the truck gets overheated, it does damage if you stand on it too long.

The more I think about it, the cooler this seems
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 18, 2007, 05:39:52 AM »
That would be awesome, but it would have to be a BIG DAMN TRUCK!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 18, 2007, 07:40:07 AM »
I see what you did there.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #1578 on: May 18, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
well, it's not like a fighting vehicle in a fighting game has never been done before
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1579 on: May 18, 2007, 09:03:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo
I see what you did there.

It just stands to reason that the truck would need to be large enough to constitute a level.

well, it's not like a fighting vehicle in a fighting game has never been done before

"Hornet is a car (number 41) from Daytona USA, the car humorously stands on back wheels and boxes with its front, it plays like a Fighting Vipers character and can have its shell knocked off, revealing body, engine and other parts below. Its voice is sounds of an engine and many other sound effects from Daytona USA, such as screeching tires. Both of Hornet's costumes are a reference to its automatic (Red and Blue) or manual (Red and Gold) transmissons."

A fighting ET would be pretty damn funny but might be a bit out of place.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 18, 2007, 09:07:04 AM »
I don't know, they could stick Waluigi as the driver...It could be interesting.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1581 on: May 18, 2007, 09:37:42 AM »
Add Reggie as a boss fight.  Make him gigantic like Apocalypse in X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.  Guarantee that the player has to be GOOD to finish the single player portions of the game.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 18, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Add Reggie as a boss fight.  Make him gigantic like Apocalypse in X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.  Guarantee that the player has to be GOOD to finish the single player portions of the game.

At the beginning of the fight, he can ask you for your name.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1583 on: May 18, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »
It's a trick question he uses to determine the difficulty setting.

The lowest setting is "tear a new one."

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 18, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »
Reggie can't be a boss.  No one would be able to beat him.

I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1585 on: May 18, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »
Best boss ever.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 18, 2007, 11:21:06 AM »
No, Strell, you can defeat him.  The trick is that you can fight before you give him your name.  If you kill him before he takes your name, then he won't kill you.  Otherwise, give him your name, and you basically get to see a very long cutscene for your death.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 20, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
Well I have no idea if this site is credible or not but since talk seems to have died down this should get everyone going again.

According to this blog , here's some info that was said in an interview about Brawl.

- Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them.
- No motion-sensitive controls in main game.
- Game will feature no more than 50 characters.
- “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.”
- They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters.
- “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ either. There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.”
- Not all characters will return. The original smash bros. will.
- Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included.
- No comment on third parties.
- The game has been made “more balanced”.
- No comment on N64 like intros.
- No comment on “advanced techniques”.
- There will be new items, and some have been taken out.
- Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved.
- Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured.
- Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return.
- Events will be included.
- This game is scheduled to release this year.
- No comment on shoot the credits.

Now if true, then ****ing sweat, but since it's from just one blog, I'd take this news softly right now.  But it gives us something to think about until tomorrow.  
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
Well I have no idea if this site is credible or not but since talk seems to have died down this should get everyone going again.

According to this blog , here's some info that was said in an interview about Brawl.

- Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them. Boo, Classic Controller.  If they are going to focus on a traditional scheme it should be the Classic controller.  If I were Nintendo Corporate I probably wouldn't budge on that one.
- No motion-sensitive controls in main game. I can't really believe that their won't be a control scheme that uses it.  Unless it say requires and comes with the Classic Controller.
- Game will feature no more than 50 characters. In a way thats a relief.
- “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.”Of course it be dumb to ignore but, on the flipside if the above is true and they are forgetting about the Classic Controller and only do the GCN Controller for the main game then I can see them leaving out online play because it would make sense.
- They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters.You never let go your easy attention grabbers
- “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ either. There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.”Good to hear
- Not all characters will return. The original smash bros. will. Sort of a shame
- Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included.Sweet, as long as they keep TTU Samus
- No comment on third parties.They will not have a game similar to this.  Comment made.
- The game has been made “more balanced”.To be Determined.
- No comment on N64 like intros.I could see them being an option
- No comment on “advanced techniques”.?
- There will be new items, and some have been taken out.Duh
- Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved.Coolness.
- Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured.I'm hoping also more varied for each character.
- Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return.That was almost a given.
- Events will be included.See above or do the mean like Holiday driven events or national tournaments
- This game is scheduled to release this year.Nice, but if you need more time I can wait.
- No comment on shoot the credits.Of course do something fun and original

Now if true, then ****ing sweat, but since it's from just one blog, I'd take this news softly right now.  But it gives us something to think about until tomorrow.

Those are my comments if they are real.  Forgoing the Classic Controller to focus on the GCN controller would be stupid in my mind.  Now using them to allow for an alternate scheme and 8 players would be cool.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 20, 2007, 09:30:46 AM »
I'm calling bull on that "news" because the info presented is vague enough to be passed off as truth. For example, "Game will feature no more than 50 characters" is not specific at all and far more ambiguous than say, "45 characters will be included."

The list is pretty long to give it the illusion that there's substance to it, but if you read closely, most of the listed items are educated guesses (i.e. "Events will be included") or non-information (i.e. "No comment on N64 like intros"). This person doesn't really go out on a limb with anything, no specifics like "Sonic will be included" or anything.  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: May 20, 2007, 09:38:19 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree, that blog is just trying to get a name for itself.  If everything they say is true, which, given how generic it is, it probably will be, then the site will claim that they got the first scoop on SSB:B, and see a regular traffic boost.  That blog is too tiny to receive any kind of interview, let alone an exclusive one.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 20, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »
A friend of mine told me today that he swears he saw a trailer recently that confirmed Sonic and Shadow as characters in this game.  I told him about the current countdown and that I hadn't heard anything along those lines.

Anyone else have any idea?  He's a good guy, but I seriously doubt his credibility.

Thankfully we'll know something soon (I think tomorrow?)
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 20, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »
I rather have Sonic and Knuckle or even better yet Knuckles and Tail.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 20, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »
That's the most fake thing i've ever seen in my entire life.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 20, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
From the interview in question:

Game will feature no more than 50 characters. (Gee, thanks a lot. I didn’t know that already </sarcasm>)

The unbolded text is the blog author's commentary. Doesn't seem like customary behavior after receiving the privilege of an exclusive interview.
Thanks for listening.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 20, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
The Gamecube controller deal is completely for the vocal tournament players that will bitch if they can't use it.  I already know of a lot of people who wouldn't like using the classic controller.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 20, 2007, 05:42:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
That's the most fake thing i've ever seen in my entire life.

He didn't even mention who he interviewed. Typically, if you say you did an interview, you name who you interviewed. He couldn't even do that much

Fake.

Also, back during Cube Club, I asked one of the employees about the SSBM secret characters and he said to expect a "lot" of heavyweights. Boy, was he wrong...

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 20, 2007, 08:24:07 PM »
Way, way, way too generic. Even if it is the real deal (which it most definitely is not), it doesn't tell us anything notably new.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline Dryden

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 21, 2007, 02:58:05 AM »
Well, in any case - all will be revealed in.... 1 hour now.  www.smashbros.com is going to explode.
Over at Serebii.net, they're all wondering if Lucario will be a playable.  Serebii seems to think he was designed specifically for Smash Bros.
EDIT: 20 minutes.  :-)

2nd Edit:  20 hours...?

Brawl FC: TONX, 2964 - 8248 - 7611  -  PM if you add me.  Calgary, AB!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1599 on: May 21, 2007, 04:23:29 AM »
Still nothing yet...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram