Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755624 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1325 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »
My order from play-asia finally arrived:

65$ for all.

Those games look right in your wheelhouse. Enjoy!

« Reply #1326 on: August 13, 2014, 11:09:30 AM »
You need to try different emulators and sound plugins. I haven't played MKT on an emulator in a long time, but I know ePSXe plays the CDDA if you set it up right, and so did Connectix VGS back in the day, IIRC.

Also, MK Trilogy works 99% perfect on a PS2. The only bugs I ever ran into were if you don't continue when you get Game Over the game will hang, or it will freeze when you beat the game (might depend on the treasure you choose).

I don't know what your GPU is, but your CPU specs are too low to run Dolphin or PCSX2 very well. They are both extremely CPU dependent. nullDC should work just fine though, if you're into Dreamcast.

MK Trilogy works perfect on PS3 too (remember, all PS3s are BC with PS games). There's always the PC version too, which is identical to the PSX version, just needs a patch to run on Windows 7 or 8.

What, I did not know that. I will have to check that out. I already knew my specs were low for those emulators but their websites say otherwise and people with lower specs claim to run them too which I call BS on. I tried both DC Emus out there and I could get them to work but I had issues with my controllers if I remember correctly.

As for the epsxe sound issue, I never could get it to work there was some work around or something but from what I remember it was too complicated for me to get working or else it required additional stuff I wasn't interested in tracking down, I forget which but I remember fiddling with it for HOURS before I gave up. I honestly never tried it on my PS2 but I heard it was glitchy or something so I never bothered but if it does work on PS3 then I got nothing to worry about I have a PS3.

Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 13, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »
That's a neat cover for No More Heroes. Different from mine (NA version).
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 13, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
I agree though this is one of the few times I actually prefer the North American cover art.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 14, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »
Cover is nice i guess, but i did some googling yesterday and apparently european version is censored (no blood and stuff).

With this and Madworld also busted in PAL version, i wonder why i even bother.

Edit:

Doesn't MK Trilogy on PS1 have ridiculous loading times? Like in the middle of the fight loading?

And honestly the changes compared to Ultimate MK were not that big (playable Kameleon, hur, who cares). Also no six button controller.

With all fighters across all games it felt more like MUGEN hack than an actual game.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:46:47 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 15, 2014, 07:36:49 PM »
This copy of "My Little King" had scratched disc and one of plastic thingies that holds the disc inside was broken... I think they sold me used version...
I don't know if it were the same for PAL regions, but the initial run in the US had some defective copies, so it could be something like that.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1331 on: August 16, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle (read: all DLC included) for $0.39. Quick, get an intern fired!
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/19282/

Edit: Sorry folks, party's over. It's $5.99 now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:04:44 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

« Reply #1332 on: August 17, 2014, 11:01:04 PM »
Cover is nice i guess, but i did some googling yesterday and apparently european version is censored (no blood and stuff).

With this and Madworld also busted in PAL version, i wonder why i even bother.

Edit:

Doesn't MK Trilogy on PS1 have ridiculous loading times? Like in the middle of the fight loading?

And honestly the changes compared to Ultimate MK were not that big (playable Kameleon, hur, who cares). Also no six button controller.

With all fighters across all games it felt more like MUGEN hack than an actual game.

Yes but MK is to me as Nintendo is to Unclebob so its a game I must have.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 17, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »
I'm kinda the same, majority of what little console gaming i had as a kid was Mortal Kombat on Sega (mostly MK3 and later UMK).
I still have newspaper clippings with MK codes (and other Sega games).
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 18, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
I bought the dumbest 5 port Gigabit switch I could find.  I needed more ports for my room because I moved my PS4 up there so I pulled out an old D-Link router that I had that has Gigabit ports.  When it works its great but I'm getting all sorts of weird DNS stuff that just goes away if I switch back to Wireless despite all my fiddling to fix it.  I know the direct line works well so I'm just going to switch to a dumb unmanaged gigabit switch.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

« Reply #1335 on: August 21, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
I'm kinda the same, majority of what little console gaming i had as a kid was Mortal Kombat on Sega (mostly MK3 and later UMK).
I still have newspaper clippings with MK codes (and other Sega games).

I still keep old Sega Visions around that talk about Mortal Kombat on Genesis. I even have one that talks about early concept of MK Trilogy was going to be all three arcade games on 1 disc but it was changed to make the game fit on an N64 cart. The N64 version is trash though so bad decision on their part.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 21, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »
I "preordered" the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U bundle on Amazon which really just means, "Charge me when you mail it to my house."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 21, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »
I preordered Madden 15 for PS4 on PSN so I can have it pre-loaded and ready to go immediately.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 22, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »
I bought Madden 15 for PS4 on PSN so I can have it held ransom till psn deems its ready to go immediately.
Fixed that for you.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 22, 2014, 06:35:01 PM »
I was going to buy it day one anyway, so this lets me have it ready to go at midnight instead of waiting for the very large files to download after that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 22, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »
Bought Tales of Grace F.  Then proceed to have my PS3 refuse to download it.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1341 on: August 22, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »
- "Bought" a $0 game that I will never be able to play just to check if I'd actually get 80 Club Nintendo coins for it like the site promised (spoilers: apparently not)

- Bought the Sly Cooper Collection on Vita. Torn between grabbing it on PS3, or picking up that $10 copy of FIFA 14 PS3 I saw at a prominent retailer today.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 22, 2014, 10:21:38 PM »
I guess I'm now the owner of half of the Wonderbook Library.

Offline harvjones

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 24, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »
Started Dark souls 2 pirated and i loved it so much i brought DS2 totally money's worth  ;D

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 09, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »
I finally caved and bought a 3DS.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 09, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »
Aw, but in a few short months you could have had a C-stick and one exclusive retail game. It's as if you don't understand true value.

In all seriousness, what games did you purchase with it?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 09, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »
I know, rite?! Basking in the glow of this now obsolete 3DS. I got it because I'll be working in Europe for the next 2 1/2 months and I can't go that long without playin vidja games.

It was the Mario and Luigi bundle because it was the cheapest XL available around here. But the only games I plan on getting at the moment are Fire Emblem Awakening (when it goes on sale this week) and Smash Bros. I might play Dream Team since it's already installed. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 09, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is really good, as is Super Mario 3D Land.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »
It sounds like you're still reluctant to have bought it, what's wrong with it? After the first year, it became worthwhile.

My fave game is Luigi's Mansion 2, but if you'll be traveling and won't have access to online, it'll lose some of its value.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 09, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
It sounds like you're still reluctant to have bought it, what's wrong with it? After the first year, it became worthwhile.

Nothing wrong with it. I just haven't been part of a handheld gen since the GBA SP. I figure I'll probably put more hours on the 3DS now instead of my home consoles. I consciously decided to step away from the handheld world just to keep my wallet safe.