Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755176 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1250 on: June 14, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
Awsome news marvel_movie_fan. Welcome to the club (shortly). Post your NNID when you get it.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:49 PM »
What do you plan to get for your bonus game? Pikmin 3 is one of the highest value games on the list that you do not own so I would recommend that as your selection. I got it and am enjoying the game. So far it is almost everything I have wanted out of a Pikmin sequel.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #1252 on: June 14, 2014, 11:55:53 PM »
I am torn, but I am leaning towards Wii Party U or Wind Waker HD. I didn't care for the first Pikmin so I am not that interested in it. I enjoyed Wind Waker at times but I hated it at times too, and Wii Party U just looks useless. I wish they would have included Nintendoland or Wonderful 101 in the offer but oh well.  Also I won't be sharing my online ID sorry, for reasons I don't care to go into.I guess unless Wii Party U has an online mode it will just be Wind Waker HD.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:06:16 AM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 15, 2014, 12:15:18 AM »
I got Wii Party U in the Mario Kart deal, because I already had all the other ones. Honestly, I'm not all that confident I will ever play it, as my opportunities for local multiplayer are few and far between.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #1254 on: June 15, 2014, 12:19:54 AM »
if it had online I would go for it but that settles it wind Waker HD it is, since I am buying the Mario U bundle I will already have that game.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 15, 2014, 04:41:03 AM »
Bought Crimsonland a few days ago when it hit Steam. Can't wait to play it co-op with buddies.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 15, 2014, 12:24:48 PM »
Mario Kart 8 was 30% off on Amazon so I folded and ordered it on Friday. Then, I bought it at Best Buy so I could start playing it this weekend. I'll just return my copy from Amazon when it arrives Monday (or Tuesday).

Update: UPS delivered the game today so I promptly drove to Best Buy to return it. Thanks, Amazon, for value. Thanks, Best Buy, for convenience.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:31:56 PM by Adrock »

« Reply #1257 on: June 16, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »
well turns out there was a mix up my order was flagged for verification, they are sorting it out but its been delayed.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 16, 2014, 07:48:49 PM »
Mario Kart 8 was 30% off on Amazon so I folded and ordered it on Friday. Then, I bought it at Best Buy so I could start playing it this weekend. I'll just return my copy from Amazon when it arrives Monday (or Tuesday).

Update: UPS delivered the game today so I promptly drove to Best Buy to return it. Thanks, Amazon, for value. Thanks, Best Buy, for convenience.

Return fraud - boo.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 16, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »

Return fraud - boo.

Now I feel so guilty. I spoke with him in a couple threads before. Never again. I hope I don't get charged as an accomplice. I'm calling my lawyer. He takes forever to return my calls but his bills are always on time. What's up with that? That's gold, Jerry! That's gold! Black gold. Texas tea. Oil, that is. Well, the next thing you know ol' Jed's a millionaire. Kinfolk said Jed move away from there. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air. What were we talking about again?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #1260 on: June 16, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
I will never try to do a layaway from their website ever again. I thought it would be convenient but so far its been a friggin nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 16, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
Return fraud - boo.
Yes, and I feel just terrible about it.

« Reply #1262 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:41 PM »
grabbed some PS3 games on PSN that were on sale. Got Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Shadow of the Colossus, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, and Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 18, 2014, 12:21:30 AM »
Did i do good?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 18, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »
This morning I finally got around to buy a GameCube game I've been meaning to pick up for a while now: ESPN MLS ExtraTime 2002. This was back when Konami had the ESPN license, and they made a bunch of mediocre sports games with it, but they've made a bunch of good soccer games over the years.

Really though, I'm more interested in it more as a historical artifact than a game. MLS was basically a completely different league back then, and I'd like to see how it was portrayed at the time. I payed basically nothing for it, about $5 including shipping, so I won't be that upset if it's terrible.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1265 on: June 18, 2014, 07:07:44 PM »
For my last retail purchase I got Tomodachi Life. At first the going was slow, but once I implemented more Miis onto the island, the game expanded greatly. I'm loving it and all of the immature things I can do with the game.

On the digital side of things, I purchased Ittle Dew and will be reviewing it tonight, I think. I believe I'm near the end at least.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 19, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »
Picked up Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for $20 to scratch that itch until The Phantom Pain releases.
I also picked up The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds prior to my son being born, but that's been sitting on my shelf as my free time has effectively gone to 1-2 hours a night, half of which is spend trying to just sit still and recouperate.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 19, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »
...  I also picked up The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds prior to my son being born, but that's been sitting on my shelf as my free time has effectively gone to 1-2 hours a night, half of which is spend trying to just sit still and recouperate.

When our little girl was born, the Wii was incredible because it offered a bunch of games that I could play one-handed while rocking her for an hour or two during the middle of each night.  You get kind of used to the sleep deprivation after a while.
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 19, 2014, 09:18:28 PM »
...  I also picked up The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds prior to my son being born, but that's been sitting on my shelf as my free time has effectively gone to 1-2 hours a night, half of which is spend trying to just sit still and recouperate.

When our little girl was born, the Wii was incredible because it offered a bunch of games that I could play one-handed while rocking her for an hour or two during the middle of each night.  You get kind of used to the sleep deprivation after a while.

This is our 2nd child, so it's not that I haven't been to this dog and pony show before, but it's been a relearning how to manage 2 kids until my older son goes to bed, and then deciding if I have the energy to do anything other than watch something on tv or go on the internet.

That said, have any good suggestions for one-handed games on the Wii other than Wii Sports?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 20, 2014, 09:28:28 AM »

That said, have any good suggestions for one-handed games on the Wii other than Wii Sports?

Hard to remember now exactly what I was playing at the time. I'm blaming lack of sleep, although being 4 years ago means I might have a hard time recalling anyway.

However, took a peek at my collection and these games (in some cases, with sequels) stood out as fun ways to waste time and playable with only one hand:

* Ghost Squad
* House of the Dead 2 & 3
* Opoona
* Zack & Wiki
* Sam & Max
* Broken Sword
* Dragon Quest Swords
* Boom Blox
* Endless Ocean
* Mystery Case Files: Malgrave Incident
* Mercury Meltdown Revolution
* Rhythm Heaven Fever
* Wordjong Party
* Sid Meier's Pirates!

There are also some solid WiiWare games to consider. Stuff like the Art Style and Bit.Trip series, Fluidity, Magnetica Twist, Swords & Soldiers, or (I think) World of Goo were all excellent options.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 20, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
Endless Ocean Blue World. 'Nuff said.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1271 on: June 20, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »
I'd definitely recommend both Boom Blox games.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 21, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
Endless Ocean Blue World. 'Nuff said.

I think that I liked the pacing in the first one better, but the second has more content and improves the design in some areas.

Would LOVE to see a sequel on either 3DS or Wii U.  The Endless Ocean games were so incredibly relaxing to play. Their only downside was being  so utterly peaceful to play I would sometimes fall asleep mid-session.  ;D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:36 AM »
Pity I didn't get more time in the online of the second game before the shut down.

I too would welcome a sequel. It could be an excellent use of the gamepad as a Metroid Prime scanner-like feature for identifying creatures, structures and treasures.

Also, the game would look wonderful in HD.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:01 AM »
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - Anyone else still playing this? Had a real urge to play Monster Hunter online again, so am trying to shake off the rust and remember how to use a bow effectively.  Love this series, although wish text was a readable size.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:39:59 PM by ejamer »