Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 759993 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #475 on: October 12, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
Personally, I don't think Mario 64 got it right. It got so many other things right that it's still a great game, but the camera is not one of them. 'Tick Tock Clock' would not have been anywhere near as difficult had it not been for the camera not knowing where to position itself. I don't really hold it against Mario 64 though, I mean it was quite literally the first of it's kind. There are always going to be kinks with games which try something new. Forgotten Sands has no such excuse.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 12, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »
It's easy to look back and find fault with the camera now, but it's light years ahead of almost any other camera at the time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #477 on: October 22, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »
Double Dragon Neon is amazing and perfect and a beautiful work of art.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 22, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »
Code of Princess (3DS) ~Yay~ Fun game so far, love the way it's played in bite-size increments. Seems like there will be plenty of replay value with different characters. Trying to figure out the controls a bit before jumping online.

At the same time, grabbed cheap used copies of:
1. Megaman & Bass (GBA)
2. Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (DS)

NNID: ejamer

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #479 on: October 23, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »
Mega Man & Bass on GBA is terrible. Because the screen is so zoomed in.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 23, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
Mega Man & Bass on GBA is terrible. Because the screen is so zoomed in.

Having never played the game any other way, I don't mind a zoomed in screen that much. It's not a great Megaman game (at least the GBA version isn't)... but not terrible either.  For a couple of bucks, the nostalgia alone is worthwhile.
 ;D

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 23, 2012, 08:33:22 AM »
My most recent gaming purchase is a new 500GB Super Slim PS3 (for £200!).

My last, phat 80GB, one got a red screen of death and (because the hard drive is encrypted) took all my game saves with it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 23, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »
That's not a bad price at all.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 23, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »
e-shop!
1. Sakura Smurai - have now started this game twice and played for a few stages without being able to find a save point. That is disappointing but I am enjoying the gameplay.

2. Cave Story (the most recent version on e-shop). Have only scratched the surface, but am enjoying so far.

3. Sonic Triple Trouble (game gear) - played a few stages, enjoing so far. Past the first boss, I think.

4. Toki Tori (GBC) - had no idea what to expect, really like it. More of a puzzler than a platformer so far but very satisfying. Have played about a dozen stages. Music is great.

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:23 AM »
So my PS3 arrived today. First thing i did was look at it, and boy is it ugly. They REALLY cheaped out on the slot loader.

But sadly it was the best price i'd likely find for the 500GB, so i'm not fussed.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »
Yesterday I purchased Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city for £3.81 (£5.84 including post) from Amazon.

I've never played Animal Crossing before, so while this game was criticised for being derivitive I think it's perhaps a good one to start with for a newcomer. I'm not really into collecting things for the sake of collecting them, as I'm mostly motivated by gameplay (and to a lesser extent story). So I don't really know how this game is going to go down with me, but I thought it was at least worth a shot at that price point.
Gouge away.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
$50 = a brand new PSP Go system. I know the system has haters, but I like the form factor a lot and find it a great piece of kit despite the limitations. I also think the GBA Micro is the best version of that handheld though...  so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

$10 $20 = Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. The recent preorder announcement for MH3U pushed me over the edge. I just couldn't wait for a fix...

Are there any PSP games that I should really check out? The only one on my radar right now is the Final Fantasy Tactics game. PSP Go is limited to downloads, and even though you can install custom firmware I'm really not interested in doing so. Please try to base any suggestions around that caveat.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:23:02 AM by ejamer »

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
$50 = a brand new PSP Go system. I know there haters, but I like the form factor a lot and find it a great piece of kit despite the limitations. I also think the GBA Micro is the best version of that handheld though...  so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

$10 = Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. The recent preorder announcement for MH3U pushed me over the edge. I just couldn't wait for a fix...

Are there any PSP games that I should really check out? The only one on my radar right now is the Final Fantasy Tactics game. PSP Go is limited to downloads, and even though you can install custom firmware I'm really not interested in doing so. Please try to base any suggestions around that caveat.

Welcome to the club  ;D ! I just bought a PSP Go earlier in the summer for all the great rpgs (psp and psone) available digitally for the system for under $10. I've never been happier with a purchase of an older system.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »
Best Buy has a buy 2 get 1 free deal going so I bought Kid Icarus Uprising, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Mario Tennis Open. I'm exchanging either KI or MTO for Paper Mario: Sticker Star in a couple weeks; I just wanted to take advantage of the sale. I had to pick up some overtime at work to compensate for the things I'm buying.

I think the sale ends this week, but Target has a buy 2 get 1 free sale starting next week.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #489 on: October 25, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
I purchased Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone on the 3DS.
The touch screen isn't as accurate as I'd like, but it's serviceable.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #490 on: October 25, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
Castlevania: The Adventure (eShop)

It's the same as I remember it.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »
I also bought Lollipop Chainsaw at Gamestop because the price dropped to $20. I already left Best Buy when my friend texted me about it. He said it was a Gamestop specific sale, but I haven't verified it. If it's an official drop, I'll probably return it then buy it from Best Buy since I'd get Reward Zone points and my credit card offers 5% extra bonus points on Best Buy purchases this quarter. Double win, there.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »
I bought most of the things released on the 3DS eShop today, but have been spending all my time with the one of them I got for free. The Mutant Mudds levels are phenomenal. Game of the Year confirmed.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
I bought most of the things released on the 3DS eShop today, but have been spending all my time with the one of them I got for free. The Mutant Mudds levels are phenomenal. Game of the Year confirmed.

I really enjoyed them too. Some of those levels were incredible. Game of the year is a different matter, but I really had fun with them, and with the game generally.

p.s. do you know what the 'small' little unlockable was for beating those 20 additional levels? I've beat them but haven't identified any change.
Gouge away.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 01, 2012, 07:55:10 AM »
Retail:

^Okami Zekkei-ban (PS3) (aka Okami HD), Asia version with english text.

Download:
Corpse Party (PSP), Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle (PSP), Riff: Everyday Shooter (PSP), Tomba! (PSone classics), Ys Seven (PSP). After hearing that the Asia retail version of Okami Zekkei-ban comes with english screentext, I've decided to cash the PSN cards I bought in for PSP games instead. No need to carry UMDs now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 01, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »
I thought Okami HD was download only?

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 01, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
I haven't been into traditional gaming in a couple of years, so I wouldn't call any of these gaming purchases but whatever. The last thing I got was an SNES adapter, a pair of SNES controllers, an Genesis adapter and a SG Pro Pad 6, and a USB N64 controller for my desktop that I turned into an arcade emulator powerhouse. I guess if you want to count it I did just get an iPhone for my birthday in September it isn't a gaming machine but it do play a lot of games on it.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 02, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »
I thought Okami HD was download only?

Only in Europe and America. Japan and Asia got a retail version – even a special edition with a snow globe (though "cherry blossom globe" would seem more appropriate) – because people in this region tend to prefer retail over download according to Capcom.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:11:39 AM by AnGer »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 02, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »
CS:GO

Well, not really a purchase since it currently playable in a free weekend. Its CS with more "GO", so yeah CS. Fairly pretty, well designed maps so far with a lot of them based off L4D2 maps, no fucking dust thank god. Plays better than 1.X/Source on a mechanical level. Vets might bitch about something, but it's a good upgrade if you want more CS.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 02, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »
Vets might bitch about something, but it's a good upgrade if you want more CS.
There's no Dust :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.