Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 759280 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2011, 11:32:02 AM »
Will they allow that?  From what is said nintendo's pretty tight about transfering data on the WII, unless your old one died. 

Then can and have before
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=31507.msg625409#msg625409

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2011, 04:00:32 PM »
That's what the Homebrew Channel is for. ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2011, 03:42:36 AM »
Yes, it was the Gamecube version of Ikaruga. Had to pay $40.00 for it but I always knew it would be one of the more expensive games I'd have to purchase for my personal collection.

On the flip side, I was able to pick up a copy of LOZ:Four Swords for GC for $15.00. Best of all, it was an original version without the yellow players choice banner cover or the million seller spot. I like for my games to look as if I bought them the day of release. I'm obsessive-compulsive that way.

Now, my next step is to start tracking down some GameBoy Advances and Gamecube/Gameboy link cables. This step might be the most tricky.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
Now, my next step is to start tracking down some GameBoy Advances and Gamecube/Gameboy link cables. This step might be the most tricky.

Nice grab on Four Swords (GC).  It's worth the effort to have the full setup for Four Swords - at least, it is if you have friends willing to come play.

Craigslist/Kijiji were great sources for getting cheap GBA consoles when I was looking a year or two ago, while EB Games still has old link cables still sitting around sometimes. If you need the boxes and everything in pristine condition this becomes more hit-and-miss. (The toughest find for my gear was a pair of GBA Micro-to-Gamecube cables because they had to be custom-built.)  Good luck finding everything!
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »
Well I pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic yesterday.  Mostly so I could spend time with my Sister.  I just don't see the game holding me after I've gone through the stories that grab my attention.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »
No, I don't need the GBA's in pristine condition or with boxes. I'm considering them as just controllers so I don't have that collector mentality with them. I bought a Famicom GBA Micro for that. I've been checking Kijiji in my local area for some cables but have yet to see any posted. But it is how I found Four Swords in the first place so I'll just have to remain hopeful.

My goal is to get them before Christmas since I'll have 10 days off from Dec. 23 - Jan. 2 and I know I could get a group of friends over to plow through the game together. We're currently working our way through Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

At the very least, I'd like to get one cable to complete my figurine gallery in Wind Waker. So close.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »
Bought LO(L)ZSS

Haven't played it yet since I'm kinda busy. I want to give it the proper time commitment (at least 3 hours of straight playing).

I'm sure I'll get to it sometime.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)

Trolling EB Games looking for something cheap while my wife was shopping. This caught my eye at $5 and fit nicely into my "pocket change" budget. Is it a good find worth playing, or should I have settled for some fast food instead?
I don't have this one but I have its sequel, Echoes of Time which seems to be pretty similar. It got mediocre reviews too, but despite that I enjoyed it. It's a good old fashioned hack 'n slash, though it's best played in multiplayer since the AI doesn't do much and you can't control their characters. It also has online play, so if you're still considering returning it I'd say do so and grab the sequel instead.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)

Trolling EB Games looking for something cheap while my wife was shopping. This caught my eye at $5 and fit nicely into my "pocket change" budget. Is it a good find worth playing, or should I have settled for some fast food instead?
I don't have this one but I have its sequel, Echoes of Time which seems to be pretty similar. It got mediocre reviews too, but despite that I enjoyed it. It's a good old fashioned hack 'n slash, though it's best played in multiplayer since the AI doesn't do much and you can't control their characters. It also has online play, so if you're still considering returning it I'd say do so and grab the sequel instead.

I'll keep my eyes open -  thanks for the tip.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »
New game add for the week:
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

I tried playing this game once before and thought it was interesting. The focus on being an interactive novel instead of a "game" really drew me in, and the unique style seemed to be well implemented. Saw a brand new copy for just $3.50 and couldn't turn it down.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »
New game add for the week:
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

I tried playing this game once before and thought it was interesting. The focus on being an interactive novel instead of a "game" really drew me in, and the unique style seemed to be well implemented. Saw a brand new copy for just $3.50 and couldn't turn it down.

Great game - the UK/JP only second game - Last Window - is amazingly awesome as well.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
EB Games suckered me in with some price drops. Broken Sword Director's Cut (Wii) for $3, the beautiful Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS) for $2, and finally a hefty $8 for Final Fantasy IV (DS)...  They were all used but in excellent condition. Not a bad haul for under $15 - but I really need to start playing more games instead of buying them.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 03:35:23 AM »
My new Wii is so sexy.

The old one has been recommissioned and now exists solely for the duel purposes of GC gaming and VC/WiiWare gaming. Gonna need me another component cable though--took the PS2 down. Far in the future, I intend to get a small flatscreen to hook up my PS2 and older systems (SNES/N64/DC). I do want to finish Fatal Frame 2, after all.

Restarted NSMB Wii and I'm loving it. Forgot how fun that game can be. Since I never finished DKCR, I'm going to restart that, too. But a lot of my games will be either going on sale or being given away to friends. I'll trade in two or three games and get Mario Galaxy 2, which I still haven't experienced. I'm pretty confident that somebody will get me Skyward Sword for Christmas.

Also got an iTouch, so I can experience iOS gaming. Pretty excited.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
ahhh... they were giving away Mirror's Edge away free yesterday for iOS devices.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2011, 11:56:25 PM »
Ended up finding an "new" still sealed copy of Wario Land Shake it for the WII for $10 a Kmart and I also picked up an select copy of Punch Out for my nephew.

Also jumped on Risen for $6 on Amazon downloads.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:37 AM »
Wario Land Shake It is one of the most underrated games of this generation.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »
EB Games suckered me in with some price drops. Broken Sword Director's Cut (Wii) for $3
Was this a limited time sale? The game is listed at $10 on their website, has it just not been updated yet?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »
Okamiden - $10 (BestBuy close out, Canada only)
Valkyrie Profile DS - $9 (Walmart closeout)
Final Fantasy I/II PSP (local store, $3 each)

I had some of my Christmas budget left over, what can I say...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2011, 10:56:23 PM »
EB Games suckered me in with some price drops. Broken Sword Director's Cut (Wii) for $3
Was this a limited time sale? The game is listed at $10 on their website, has it just not been updated yet?

Appears to be Canada only for now. $5 new (if you can find a copy) or $3 used. Not the best point-and-click adventure, not even the best one on Wii... but easily worth $5.

http://www.ebgames.ca/browse?nav=16k-Broken+Sword+Shadow+of+the+Templars

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2011, 12:09:14 AM »
Whoo!  Stopped by my favorite Goodwill - Never know what I'm going to find there (found Starfox 64 3D - sealed - for $20 once)...

They had a N64 with two controllers at $30.  Sadly, passed.  Had some NES and N64 games, nothing spectacular.

Found a copy of Kibry: Air Ride!  The disc is in pretty awful shape - but plays fine - came with the artwork, but was in a Blockbuster DVD case... $3!  I now have three copies of this one... one more to go for LAN Play!

Then, looked like someone dropped off their kid's old Game Boy Color.  They had the system with some random junk accessories (including some GBA stuff) for $25.  Passed.

But then... they had some games.  All the GB/GBC games were $3 - there was about 10 of them.  They had one GBA game at $6 - Super Mario Advance.  Passed on it.

Out of the $3 GB/GBC games, I snagged for the original Game Boy: Dr. Mario, Qix, Monopoly and for the Game Boy Color: Game and Watch Gallery 2, Tetris DX and... Monopoly.

Woot-woot! :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
Dragon Quest V (DS)
Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Wii)

Paid more than I would've liked for Dragon's Lair Trilogy, but got a great price on DQV so it balances out. Shouldn't have bought either... but have no willpower when I'm overworked and overstressed and approaching the holiday season.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »
As I'm getting a new gaming laptop tomorrow, I went out today and traded some games in (Skyrim PS3, Skyward Sword) and picked up StarCraft 2 (which I should now have the hardware to actually play) and some PSN credit.  I'm considering using that to pick up Tales of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for my PSP, but the reviews have seemed somewhat mixed on that.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
I went out today and traded some games in (Skyrim PS3

Looks like you gave up on it. From the sound of it, I can't say as I blame you. Since you're getting a gaming laptop tomorrow maybe try giving it a shot with the PC version which shouldn't have all the bugs?

Skyward Sword)

Was this one really that bad?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:02:12 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
Looks like you gave up on it. From the sound of it, I can't say as I blame you. Since you're getting a gaming laptop tomorrow maybe try giving it a shot with the PC version which shouldn't have all the bugs?

No, I'm not throwing away 120+ hours of Skyrim play and starting over.  My best friend got the PS3 version as well, and I'll just borrow his copy when he's done and finish what I intended to do in the game.  By that point, Bethesda may get around to actually making the PS3 version somewhat playable and fix the quests they couldn't be bothered to ship functional.  I just couldn't take any more of the single-digit framerate and constant crashes, and I don't think my PS3 could have either (as my research has shown that if I got many more of those corrupted data crashes, my PS3's startup files could have been corrupted, bricking my system).

Skyward Sword)

Was this one really that bad?

No, but it's not that great, either.  I posted my overall thoughts on the game in the Skyward Sword thread, but I just didn't like the game overall.  I thought in Nintendo's rush to change so much of how Zelda works, they ditched a lot of the elements that made the experience work for me.  I thought it was a mediocre game overall, and one of the worst Zelda games I've played.  People should still play the game and see for themselves if Nintendo's design changes suit their tastes.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
Since finally getting some free $$, I have subjected myself to the Steam sale and have picked up the following:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition ($4.99) - Rented it and loved it about a year ago.  Great price for the game.

Sonic Generations ($10.19) - Heard good things about it.  $10 bucks is an acceptable price for me to take a chance on it.

Fallout 3: GOTY Edition ($7.49) - Wanted to wait on a good deal for this one before I gave it a 2nd chance.  I wasn't terribly pleased with my experience when I borrowed it on PS3.  Feel good about this one especially since it comes with all the DLC.  I'll probably do the same thing with Skyrim and wait to see if a GOTY edition shows up.

Also got the Humble Indie Bundle 4, which now has 9 games if you pay over the average.  Jamestown is the one I've played the most so far.

Is $12 worth Oblivion: GOTY edition?  I would like to give it a try as well to see if that kind of gameplay will be something I deem worthy of spending for Skyrim.

Also, anyone wanting to trade something for the Steam holiday gift grab achievement?  I have a copy of Half-Life 2, 2 coal, a 25% off valve title, and a 33% off Codemasters title right now.