Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545433 times)

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5875 on: May 28, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
I just watched It Follows and Seven on Netflix.

It Follows.

I, uh didn't care for it. I knew going in it was going to be weird but it wasn't scary at all, there wasn't any really any tension and the um, monster?, didn't even make sense. Also the acting was bland. I would rate it I guess 3/10. Not great.

Seven.

Okay much like Fight Club and The Sixth Sense, I avoided seeing this because the ending was spoiled a long as time ago and I never got around to seeing it. I decided to just give it a try. I wish I had been able to see this back when it was new. I wanted to. I remember seeing previews for it and liking it. But, my ultra conservative parents would have freaked out if I watched it so I never got much of a chance.

I liked it. It was great. I loved the tone, the atmosphere, the villain made a whole lot more sense to me than Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs (Which was a rare movie my weird parents did let us watch for some reason) and well even knowing the ending I still felt the tension during that final scene.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #5876 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
I saw this werid move on TV the otehr day. hadn't seen it before, it was called The Avengers and it was about this grab bag group of different characters who had to save the world from some alien god who wanted a source of infinite power or something. I duno I think I stopped paying attention for a while and browsed my phone but the action scenes were pretty good and there was a great wisecracking lead, this guy in an Iron suit. Apparently he has his own spinoffs? Sounds good. Anyway I give it a thumbs up, good for a rental or to watch if it was on TV.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: May 29, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
Yeah that one was pretty good. There was also a few low key direct-to-theater sequels you might want to check out.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #5878 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »
Direct to theatre? Who watches movies there anymore?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: May 30, 2018, 01:06:42 AM »
The only films I see these days are the ones done through pantomime in the back of a darkened alleyway.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: May 31, 2018, 01:28:04 AM »
I just watched The Lost Boys and Hellraiser 2 on Netflix.

I've seen both before but have new thoughts.

The Lost Boys

10/10 still one of the best vampire movies of all time. Oozing with 80's charm. I noticed they really don't show the vampires actually flying although they are depicted as flying a lot. That used to bother me as a kid, it felt cheap, low budget. I didn't get that this time, it felt more artistic, especially with the music.

Hellraiser 2

The first time I watched this one I liked it more than the original. Not this time. I started to really see the flaws in this movie I skipped the first time. The plot of these movies never makes sense but this time I felt like it was trying to get me to root for the monsters and I guess I just didn't get into that.

7/10 good visuals, lots of gore, bad acting and terrible plot.

Oh I also rewatched Little Monsters for the billionth time. Nothing negative to say still love this movie.

I do still roll my eyes every time they make lightning out of pencils though. The rest of the movie I can live with.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: June 01, 2018, 01:07:31 AM »
Inception...that was really good!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: June 01, 2018, 03:29:48 AM »
Mother! - What on earth did i just watch? This just fell off a cliff into insanity really quickly. I can't really construct a view on this movie. It's utterly weird. Khush, anyone, ANYONE else please watch this.

Alright. You asked me too and now I've seen it. Why did I listen to you? Lol. Do you want to discuss this or forget it?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: June 01, 2018, 04:28:44 AM »
Mother! - What on earth did i just watch? This just fell off a cliff into insanity really quickly. I can't really construct a view on this movie. It's utterly weird. Khush, anyone, ANYONE else please watch this.

Alright. You asked me too and now I've seen it. Why did I listen to you? Lol. Do you want to discuss this or forget it?
I vote that you discuss it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 01, 2018, 04:35:14 PM »
Awwwwwww geeeeezzzzz. Well, alright. But it will have to be tomorrow. I'm just going to be out and about too much today. You know what that means? Less moderator oversight on these forums. Time to go wild!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: June 09, 2018, 02:23:05 AM »
Just watched the Pixar movie Coco on Netflix. Bold choice to make the two Grandmas the villains.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 10, 2018, 08:12:55 PM »
I just watched The Lost Boys and Hellraiser 2 on Netflix.

I've seen both before but have new thoughts.

The Lost Boys

10/10 still one of the best vampire movies of all time. Oozing with 80's charm. I noticed they really don't show the vampires actually flying although they are depicted as flying a lot. That used to bother me as a kid, it felt cheap, low budget. I didn't get that this time, it felt more artistic, especially with the music.

Hellraiser 2

The first time I watched this one I liked it more than the original. Not this time. I started to really see the flaws in this movie I skipped the first time. The plot of these movies never makes sense but this time I felt like it was trying to get me to root for the monsters and I guess I just didn't get into that.

7/10 good visuals, lots of gore, bad acting and terrible plot.

Oh I also rewatched Little Monsters for the billionth time. Nothing negative to say still love this movie.

I do still roll my eyes every time they make lightning out of pencils though. The rest of the movie I can live with.

Is it just me or does the characters on Hellraiser 2 look like the characters from the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: June 11, 2018, 11:08:06 AM »
First up, every June I revisit the Friday the 13th films. I got through part 4 last night.
I haven't changed my mind, the first 2 are the better horror movies, 3 is a total joke but still entertaining and 4 is where the films start to become more comedy than horror.
I realize, if you don't count Zombie Jason, the Tommy Jarvis character is in exactly the same number of movies as human Jason.
I still think it's dumb that a kid in the country with no money or tools and produce Hollywood quality masks and make up knowing how much work goes into those things. That always kind of bothered me.

Watchmen/V For Vendetta-
I got about ten minutes into V for Vendetta before I had to turn it off. Boring a sin. I got a little further into Watchmen but it also didn't hold my attention. To be fair I was having a discussion with a friend on Twitter during the film so I was distracted. I might give it a second chance but I tried V for Vendetta twice and it just doesn't interest me at all.
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2- I watched those sometime last week. Not sure if I already talked about them here yet or not but damn I fell in love with those movies right away and they are now my favorite Marvel characters. I am hesitant to watch Infinity War now but I figure I will get around to it eventually.
Is it just me or does the characters on Hellraiser 2 look like the characters from the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?
I've never seen that so I don't know. I thought the girl was just out of place. The first time I watched it was a marathon so I think I liked it more in my memory because I went straight from 1 then 2 then 3 all in the same day. Watching it by itself  I didn't enjoy it as much. I still liked the first one, I've now seen it 5 times and I could see it again.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5888 on: June 11, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »
V for Vendetta sucks.  There's one scene from the source material that they nail, but the rest of it feels heavily dumbed down from the graphic novel.

If you liked reading Watchmen, you'll like the film.  I thought it was a solid adaptation.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:52 PM »
It was assigned reading for a college course I took. I, uh, skimmed the pictures and got the rest of Wikipedia. I am fairly certain I will enjoy it I just need to watch it when I am not distracted.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: June 14, 2018, 07:22:50 AM »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I see where they were trying to go with this, and the film had a lot of "let the past die" moments like The Last Jedi in the sense that they wanted to push the franchise forward but had to shuffle a whole bunch of things to allow it to get there.

For me my real issue is the moral dilemma came down to should we push this button, which the answer is "the studio ordered a sequel!!!!!!" and then the child decided this anyway

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 15, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »
Incredibles 2 is incredible too.

edit: 14 year wait, and it was worth it.
Action was great and this movie is hilarious.
Me and my daughter were loving it. So many good moments
Jack Jack steals the show, and I better not have to wait 14 more years for another sequel.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:49:48 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 16, 2018, 05:59:18 PM »
Just got out of Incredibles 2 and...that's a very OK movie...that's a follow-up to a legendary one. -_-

14 years for that? Really?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5893 on: June 17, 2018, 11:20:14 AM »
I also saw Incredibles 2 recently and will say it was as good as the first.

One thing though: That baby is OP.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: June 23, 2018, 10:03:54 PM »
Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Poignant and surprisingly, genuinely funny at times. Fred Rogers was too good for this world.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: June 23, 2018, 10:38:04 PM »
Casablanca - 8/10 Still Relevant.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: June 24, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 8/10
This movie is better than it deserves to be. It's basically just two scenes too. More or less a better, also sadder, and scarier, version of The Lost World. Lots of good ol' people getting eaten by dinosaur scenes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: June 24, 2018, 07:47:16 PM »
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 8/10
This movie is better than it deserves to be. It's basically just two scenes too. More or less a better, also sadder, and scarier, version of The Lost World. Lots of good ol' people getting eaten by dinosaur scenes.

I've heard it was pretty bad.... and that swayed me from opening weekend excitement, even though my daughter wants to see it. Maybe I'll go watch a 6pm showing of it tonight.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: June 24, 2018, 09:10:51 PM »
I'll put it this way - it's easily the second-best Jurassic Park movie. Side note: there is a (very brief) post-credits scene. Is it worth staying for? Not exactly...doesn't offer much more than the ending does.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: June 25, 2018, 12:40:03 AM »
I missed that brief post credit. Theater employee told me there wasn't one.
Care to just describe it for me?