Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157409 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4375 on: September 19, 2020, 01:08:35 AM »
The only thing I know about She-Hulk is she is a lawyer. There was a year where all that was good was lawyer shows. I watched was Better Call Saul, Daredevil, and American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson at the same time. Looking at her I'm expecting a scrappy Lawyer type. I wonder how they plan to Hulk her? Will she just become a CG lawyer hulk the whole time? This is what I think of when I think of She-hulk:

mainly because when I stopped reading comics as a main hobby was 1994. I used to collect flair cards, that was the extant of my exposure. The funny thing is, you can tell this card was made right when photoshop was getting picked up by colorist.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4376 on: September 19, 2020, 09:10:17 PM »
Well, She Hulk hasn't. always been permanently green, and they are going to have to do some sort of origin story.  I really She-Hulk's blood transfusion origin.  It makes for a simple premise that makes enough scientific since to be believable.  What is really great is it also makes sense that She Hulk would come around after Smart Hulk, because Banner could perfect the serum and process more. 

Finally, I really hope this means that she will be the default Hulk in the upcoming MCU.  I think having a new versions of classic characters is a great way to do something different and move forward.  I hope they do not try to replace Iron Man or Captain America though.  I think for the time being let those 2 iconic characters stay retired.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: September 19, 2020, 09:47:21 PM »
They are going with successor characters.

I believe Iron Heart may be the next "Iron Man"
and Falcon gets the shield for Captain, but I believe America Chavez is coming soon too.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4378 on: September 20, 2020, 12:11:15 AM »
Captain America being Falcon is good.  It seems natural and already set up.  I kinda hope they keep the name Falcon, but I will respect that.  Iron Heart needs to be done, but I just hope they give it time first.  Let the newish old Avengers have a Limelight for awhile.  I mean we are going to get a New Black Widow probably (I am excited) A New Hawkeye, A She-Hulk.  So that is 4 of the original Avengers having new incarnations.  We will see what happens with Thor 4, but I don't think we will have Jane Foster as Thor for very long.  So I am not going to say she is the default new version of Thor. 

I think if they introduce Iron Heart, a cool movie plot would be War Machine vs. Iron Man...and have James Rhodes be a Iron Man-sized War Machine...with Iron Man colors and everything, and see the suit used in more military like patriotic missions, a puppet of the US military...and then Riri Williams comes with her Iron Man and reminds James what it is like to be a hero fighting for everyone, not just the government. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: September 20, 2020, 12:43:25 AM »
Its not up to Chris Hemsworth, but he did say he didn't plan to go anywhere.

Now might be a good time for a War Machine movie. He really doesn't need to be just a side character. I always thought War Machine looked cooler than Iron Man as early as 5th grade. War Machine can be US military, stolen Stark, Chitauri, and Wakandan tech. What's the Tinkerer up to?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: September 21, 2020, 03:50:15 PM »
I'm already HYPED.

**** looked.... wild, so say the least. LOL.

I'm MCU deprived right now, so I need some new content ASAP.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: September 21, 2020, 04:30:22 PM »
We've started going through the MCU again in anticipation of new content.

Started with Captain America, then Thor, then Iron Man 1/2 because we figured we didn't need to go in perfect order (we're skipping Hulk). Its fun going back to the old ones and finding clues and thinks that are called back in the later flicks.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: September 21, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »
rumor (evidence?) has it that WandaVision is supposed to air 11/27/2020 Thanksgiving Weekend.

plan your rewatch accordingly :)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: September 22, 2020, 01:00:39 AM »
Watching Avengers Infinity War hits differently now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: September 23, 2020, 12:14:41 PM »
I've seen some theory's for Wanda Vision, but this image is straight up terrifying...

I fucking love it.

**Potential Spoilers Below** I wanted to go in blind, but accidentally read a few theory's in my MCU starvation period....
abridged version of the theory I like the most is that: Wanda is in a coma and having a mental beak down, her mind creates a pocket reality, Vision isn't aware that it's not real, and slowly the walls keep breaking down as the real world is trying to wake Wanda. The reason the world is trying to wake Wanda is because she is affecting the world around her while "living" in this pocket mentalverse where she is going through eras of sitcoms. Crazy things are happening, and the longer it goes on the crazier it gets. Meanwhile Vision starts to become aware that he is not real, and **** starts to hit the wall as Wanda can no longer keep it together.

question is, does Vision make it out of this being alive again? Does she bring all her family to reality in the end? Will she have a hand in powering up Monica Rambeau (seen in the trailer)? Will she have something to do with "No More Mutants" and creating the setup for X-Men?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 12:18:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: September 30, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »
Ms. Marvel had been cast

https://deadline.com/2020/09/eamon-vellani-marvels-ms-marvel-series-disney-plus-1234587969/

Brand New Actress alert.

The plan always was to stay true to the character in finding the right actress to play the role, even if it meant offering a person that was not well known to the public.

In Feige we shall have to continue to trust. No misfires yet.

And her letter box reviews, so you can know her better ðŸ˜
https://letterboxd.com/iman_vell/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 06:05:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: October 01, 2020, 03:28:48 AM »
MCU Dreams coming true on Disney+

Samuel L Jackson gets a Nick Fury show
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nick-fury-series-samuel-l-jackson-disney-plus-1234782313/

Samuel L. Jackson is set to reprise the role of Nick Fury in a new Marvel series currently in development at Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.The exact plot details of the show are being kept under wraps, but multiple sources say Jackson is attached to star with Kyle Bradstreet attached to write and executive produce. Like all the other Marvel shows at Disney Plus, Marvel Studios will produce.

Reps for Jackson, Bradstreet, and Disney did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

fingers crossed for Agents of SWORD
hopefully with select members of the AoS show (aka Daisy Johnson, FitzSimmons, Yoyo and Mac... maybe even LMD Coulson)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:40:10 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: October 01, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »
'Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro (Exclusive)

*checks calendar* It’s October 1, not April 1.

Anything is possible in....

The Multiverse of Madness!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: October 01, 2020, 04:24:06 PM »
hmmm.... I wonder if we'll see Garfield and McGuire at somepoint.... even if it's a quick passby cameo.

It's already been rumored that Miss America Chavez crosses over to the MCU from another dimension in DS:MoM

Maybe Deadpool will do the same as well.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: October 01, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
Every since the MCU started talking about the multiverse, I was hoping we'd get some kind of Spiderman crossover.  It'd be a way to finally give some closure to the Garfield and McGuire version of the character since the last film in both series were terrible ways to end.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: October 01, 2020, 06:36:40 PM »
Maybe Deadpool will do the same as well.

I just want his to stay the same and just make 4th wall jokes about what studio he is owned by/what film universe is he in.

Every since the MCU started talking about the multiverse, I was hoping we'd get some kind of Spiderman crossover.  It'd be a way to finally give some closure to the Garfield and McGuire version of the character since the last film in both series were terrible ways to end.

Would be cool if we got a live action Into The Spiderverse that brought all the actors together. Could be a neat way to introduce the MCU Miles Morales and have some fun with different versions of the characters. Flash has done pretty good with bringing back the old Flash show actor as his version/universe's character.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: October 02, 2020, 10:20:15 PM »

Jamie Foxx perfecting his troll/tease game by confirming his return as Electro by posting fan art of Tobey Maguire’s, Andrew Garfield’s, and Tom Holland’s respective Spider-Men. Bruh...

Post is gone (AKA Feige probably told him to take that shiz down).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: October 05, 2020, 08:40:21 PM »
Might've just unconfirmed his return as electro in the process too 🤣

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: October 05, 2020, 08:52:17 PM »
Somebody should do the multiverse of madness and CGI Spiderman into Earnest goes to Jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJiqEsd6aKc

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: October 08, 2020, 02:28:54 PM »
Multi-(Spidey)-verse of Madness confirmed, and Jamie Foxx redeemed.

Doctor Strange joins Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Home Sick (that's what it was called, right?)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/benedict-cumberbatch-joins-spider-man-3-as-doctor-strange-exclusive?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

MCU is about to get absolutely crazy.
WandaVision -> Spidey 3 -> Doctor Strange

I'm so MCU starved, that I'm doing a MCU rewatch with someone that hasn't seen most of the movies, and I am SOOOOOO ready for some new content!!! Bring on whatever comes next!!!

edit: this has to be the crazy event that leads to Deadpool (maybe with Fox X-Men cameo in tact?) crossing over to the MCU and MCU Spidey crossing over to the Sonyverse (for Venom 2), while also allowing the MCU to ignore the baggage that comes with those outside ventures.

Let's discuss.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:41:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4396 on: October 08, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »
I kinda like where Marvel has the X-Men in the comics right now.  They pulled the kid version from the past as kind of a soft reset for the core X-Men team.  I'm wondering if they'll do something like that for the MCU X-Men.  I can't see Marvel/Disney pulling the Fox X-Men for more than a cameo.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: October 08, 2020, 05:53:58 PM »
TBH, I can't see them pulling any of the FoX-Men for even a cameo.... but it would be a great time to get Hugh Jackman to come back as Wolverine one last time to interact with Deadpool just for the MCU.

I can picture them alternate angling on an X-Men battle (or that final Wolverine movie w/ X-3), where Deadpool was jumping through time and inserted himself. Somehow he's next to Wolvie, and then the multi-verse opens up. Comedic 4th dimension breaking scene and Wolvie being pulled from harms way into the multi-verse portal. Everyone get's their Jackman Reynolds teamup, Deadpool then inserted into the MCU. everyone is happy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: October 10, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »
First look at MODOK
https://twitter.com/MarvelsMODOK/status/1314574116809183233?s=20

I think there video footage of this too, but I'm on my phone.

edit: video footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j1mFgck0co

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:13:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: October 19, 2020, 02:16:57 PM »
There are some major rumors out there that Feige has been VERY VERY busy during this break and some MAJOR new series are all in Pre-Production of some sort with lots of BIG things happening on D+ before transitioning to movies.

Some "big" cameos/appearances to take place in Falcon and the Winter Soldier on D+.
I'm not dropping any potential SPOILERS at this time, but I can type up what i've read so far if anyone is interested in knowing. Pretty interesting stuff I just read. Nice implications for the MCU going forward.

New stuff is regarding New Avengers, Young Avengers, Thunderbolts, and possibly the X-Men, F4 and how they'll be introduced/integrated into the MCU.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:41:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »