Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204881 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4650 on: October 12, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »
Disney announces a new animated movie for Nov 2020

Raya and the Last Dragon
https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/24/raya-last-dragon-awkwafina-disney/

takes place in a fiction South East Asian inspired land. details at the link.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: October 21, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Vin Diesel as Bloodshot (Valiantverse)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo

International Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F95Fk255I4M

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: November 01, 2019, 05:27:52 PM »
Spider-Verse 2 confirmed.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/spiderman-into-the-spiderverse-sequel

April 8, 2022.

(I was going to put the date in properly ie: 08/04/22 but that'd probably confuse most of you northern hemisphere dwellers lol)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: November 01, 2019, 05:46:01 PM »
Spider-Verse 2 confirmed.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/spiderman-into-the-spiderverse-sequel

April 8, 2022.

(I was going to put the date in properly ie: 08/04/22 but that'd probably confuse most of you northern hemisphere dwellers lol)

i.e. The only Marvel movie I have a reason to care about for the foreseeable future. I just hope they don't screw it up. Between Incredibles 2 & LEGO Movie 2, I haven't had the best results when it comes to recent sequels to movies I absolutely adore. Plus, I'm concerned that Sony's going to meddle with the film this time.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4654 on: November 04, 2019, 08:49:52 AM »
Broodwars:  I didn't think The Incredibles 2 was bad.  It just wasn't as good as the first.  But it was still fun to be in that universe again.  The Incredibles universe is just so much fun.  Spider-Verse 2 is going to need a tight story, because the style and surprises of the first movie won't hit the same in the sequel...which is one of the main problems of LEGO movie 2...it wasn't a surprise anymore.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4655 on: November 05, 2019, 02:45:50 PM »
I saw the Incredibles once, then only saw it again as a double feature with the sequel.  I thought the two were really on par with eachother in terms of quality, tbh.  Could be some nostalgia because of the time between the between the original releases?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: November 05, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »
I saw the Incredibles once, then only saw it again as a double feature with the sequel.  I thought the two were really on par with eachother in terms of quality, tbh.  Could be some nostalgia because of the time between the between the original releases?

Regarding Incredibles 2 (and largely LEGO Movie 2, to some extent):

The 1st Incredibles came before the big MCU Superhero explosion, and it's a movie that's very personal to me. When my mother could still walk & function relatively normally, we saw it for the 1st time in the theaters during a trip to Disneyland & California Adventure, the 1st time I'd been back there since I was 5. We both loved it, which says a lot because my mom hates action movies. It was clever (the big thing that shut down the superhero world? The legal system!) and explored superheroes like I'd argue no film before it had ever done: through the lens of family.

After almost 15 years of waiting, we finally get Incredibles 2 and...it just felt like the sort of movie Disney would have made in 2006 if they'd rushed out a quick sequel to the 1st film. In the 1st film every character in the Par family had an arc. In the sequel, Mr. Incredible kind of has an arc, and while Elastigirl has her action scenes NO ONE has anything to do in the film. Dash & Violet, especially, are just kind of "there". It feels like half the movie is dedicated to "oh look at that Jack-Jack! He's so wacky!"

The entire 1st film is devoted to building up the family and then bringing them together at the end. The 2nd film keeps them separated, so they can't even play off each other. The family dynamic has actually regressed since the 1st movie, rather than moved forward. The villain is extremely lame, predictable, and has very poor motivation, especially by Pixar standards.

The 1st film just embodies a very special time in my life, and by comparison the 2nd film is just so...empty. It feels as soulless and cash-grabby as the MCU movies that spawned in the original film's wake. It feels like a movie that was made because someone (i.e. Brad Bird) was contractually obligated to do so, not because they wanted to make it. Is it a bad film? No, but despite some funny moments I can't really point to anything in the film as anything remotely special. I only own it out of obligation.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:30:51 PM by broodwars »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4657 on: November 05, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »
Broodwars:  Thank you for sharing your story about your mom and The Incredibles.  It is always interesting to see what makes something special for someone.  The backstory and history to it. 

As for Incredibles 2.  I think your analysis is mostly correct, however I could argue that family is a very interesting thing.  It is made of individual people, but the relationships and connections make become a character itself.  So for example, you said Mr. Incredible had a story arc and he totally did, but that story arc could not exist without Jack-Jack as Mr. Incredible learned another way to be a Father and learned the other side of the parent equation.  At the same time, Mrs. Incredible learns the sacrifices and thrill of escaping her life, but she gets caught up in it.  She literally makes the exact same mistake Mr. Incredible does in the first movie, but his was accidental and hers was more explicit.  There was even a sort of feminist push pulling Mrs. Incredible to believe this new life is what she deserves, pulling her further away from the family. 

These are both strong arcs but only when you connect them to the family bond, by themselves they are rather weak story arcs.  Move to the children who have the weakest story arcs, but that is to be expected since the movie almost literally takes place after the first movie and so the adjustment to their previous arcs hasn't fully set in.  Violet is learning to deal with her new confidence and learning how to be a strong woman.  Dash is learning how to be a normal kid with powers.  Their arc comes towards the end, where they again learn what it means to be a family with super power responsibilities and that people will be afraid of that power and want to hurt you.  They experience that hate and fear first hand that their parents were trying to protect themselves from. 

The movie doesn't spend time dealing with that, but I believe it is there subtly.  Finally, the kids step up and take the role of leaders of the family temporarily showing they are growing into adulthood.  Now is the movie perfect?  NOPE.  Does the movie handle these complex issues as smoothly and successfully as the first.  NOPE.  The first movie is almost perfect itself.  But the movie isn't bad.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4658 on: November 06, 2019, 11:08:36 PM »
Thank you for sharing that story, Broodwars.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: November 10, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
It's been confirmed that Toei's Super Sentai-style Spider-Man (aka "Supaidaman") will appear in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse 2.

Great pick. I was actually hoping that someone would reference his catchphrase when I saw the 1st Spider-verse: "I'm the Emissary of Hell, Spider-Man!"  :P

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-11-07/toei-spider-man-to-appear-in-spider-verse-sequel/.153024

He also has a giant robot, because of course he does.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:28:20 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: November 12, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »
New Sonic The Hedgehog trailer is out.

For BNM

Looks so much better without Abomination of Nature Sonic®. It will likely still be a bad movie. My opinion hasn’t changed. I’ll likely watch it for Jim Carrey.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: November 12, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
It still looks like a bad movie, but it looks like a better bad movie.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: November 12, 2019, 10:14:17 PM »
Such a HUGE improvement design-wise.

If there's one thing I really hope all the studios and producers learn, is to NOT be afraid of the source material. If you like the material enough to adapt it, then like it enough to adapt it as faithfully as possible.

This looks like it could be fun for the younger crowd, may even get that direct to DVD sequel. LOL
at least the kids won't be visually appalled and the parents completely disgusted by the character design.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4663 on: November 12, 2019, 10:48:30 PM »
Much better design and much better feel for the movie. Making Sonic an alien is an odd choice. Also they showed too much of the humor and jokes I think. But Jim Carrey looks like he is having fun so that should be interesting.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: November 13, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
Mark Wahlberg has been cast as Sully in the Uncharted movie. Was Bryan Cranston unavailable or something??

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: November 13, 2019, 11:06:00 PM »
He is too young looking.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: November 14, 2019, 01:35:20 AM »
Well Tom Holland is Nathan Drake, so they're going for young in this story.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4667 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:15 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a younger Nathan Drake storyline.  Since that won't mess with the games stories and can therefore build cannon on top of the games instead of retelling stories.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: November 14, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
Bruce Campbell would have been my choice for a Sully. He currently isn’t doing anything since Ash vs Evil Dead was canceled.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: November 14, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Tom Holland is going to make Mark Wahlberg look tall.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: November 14, 2019, 12:54:56 PM »
The Rock announced Black Adam - 12/22/21

The Man in Black âš¡
Like most kids growing up, I dreamed about being a superhero. Having cool superpowers, fighting for what’s right and always protecting the people.

It all changed for me, when I was 10yrs old and was first introduced to the greatest superhero of all time - SUPERMAN.

As a kid, Superman was the hero I always wanted to be. But, a few years into my fantasy, I realized that Superman was the hero, I could never be. I was too rebellious. Too rambunctious. Too resistant to convention and authority.

Despite my troubles, I was still a good kid with a good heart - I just liked to do things my way. Now, years later as a man, with the same DNA I had as a kid - my superhero dreams have come true.

I’m honored to join the iconic #DCUniverse and it’s a true pleasure to become, BLACK ADAM.

BLACK ADAM is blessed by magic with the powers equal to SUPERMAN, but the difference is he doesn’t toe the mark or walk the line.
He’s a rebellious, one of a kind superhero, who’ll always do what’s right for the people - but he does it his way.

Truth and justice - the BLACK ADAM way. This role is unlike any other I’ve ever played in my career and I’m grateful to the bone we’ll all go on this journey together.

BLACK ADAM
12.22.21 âš¡

Huge thank you to my friends, @jimlee and @bosslogic for this first time ever bad ass collaboration.

DCEU finally turning that corner.

WW and Aquaman weren't bad
Shazaam was actually pretty good.
Joker most profitable comic movie ever, possibly may even hit a billi (still haven't seen it though)
SS may get the course correction needed
WW84.... I don't know anything about it really, but hopefully better than the last
Birds of Prey (or whatever the new Harley Quinn and Girls movie was called)
The Batman is getting rebooted
and now Black Adam gets announced.

we still waiting on the Green Lantern Corps and The Flash movies....
and I'll just assume that Cyborg movie is deader than dead

overall, a lot of potential for DC fans to look forward to.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: November 14, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
I feel like it's been 10 years since the Rock said he was playing Black Adam.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4672 on: November 14, 2019, 11:49:42 PM »
I feel like it's been 10 years since the Rock said he was playing Black Adam.

Pretty much:
2013: The Rock meets with WB CEO
2014: The Rock confirms he's playing Black Adam

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: November 23, 2019, 08:59:20 PM »
FX has a new comedy coming soon developed by Paul Simms, creator of NWR forum favorite NewsRadio. Not many details apart from that, but that alone is enough to get me excited.

https://www.primetimer.com/item/Chris-Messina-and-Ari-Graynor-to-star-in-a-single-camera-FX-comedy-pilot-87SYd0
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: December 09, 2019, 09:24:53 AM »
Ghostbusters: Afterlife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

30 years later. I'm assuming Girlbusters never happened in this reality.
but it looks like Slimer is back. Didn't see any OGB's.