Author Topic: Nintendo Download - September 27, 2012  (Read 2604 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
Nintendo Download - September 27, 2012
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »

They Came by Wave, you bought by bucks.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31887

This week's Nintendo Downloads brings us Genius Sonority's The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave for, and Game Boy's Quarth, both for the 3DS eShop. DSiWare gets some love as well with the release of Kart Krashers. Don't forget some other eShop or Wii Virtual Console love.

3DS eShop Games:

THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave - $9.99
Use your 3DS camera and search the real world around you for strange creatures known as Denpa Men. Once captured, build a party and take down your enemies in this dungeon RPG from Genius Sonority.

Hitori by Nikoli - $4.99
In this next entry in the Nikoli puzzle series, players are able to play some Sudoku, but in a different variation. In Hitori, the 9x9 grid is already filled in and it is your job to replace the numbers that don't belong so you can make each line contain the numbers 1 through 9.

3DS Virtual Console: 

Quarth - $2.99
Hey man, you got your Space Invaders in my Tetris! Nuh uh, you got your Tetris in my Space Invaders! Relax guys, you're both right. In this odd Game Boy puzzler from Konami, take control of a spaceship facing off against an onslaught of falling blocks. Shoot these odd, oncoming shapes to make them form a square or rectangular shape, and watch them vanish. This is one game that proves its hip to be square.

DSiWare Games:

Kart Krashers - $4.99
Get behind the wheel of this unique driving game that's just as much about platforming as it is speed. Maneuver your way through its courses, collecting stars and smashing whatever comes in your way. Why? Because you want the highest score possible, and it doesn't come easy. Is it any good? We certainly thought so, read our review here.

Wii Virtual Console

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers - 900 Wii Points

Despite Real Bout Fatal Fury Special releasing just this past August, Real Bout 2 remains an interesting release. Retaining the visuals from its predecessor, the gameplay actually hearkens back to the first Real Bout title. New to this entry is the ability to play as Geese Howard, and a new take on the series' two-player mode.

Offline NESticales

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Download - September 27, 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »
Someone tell me Denpa Men is worth it. That $10 price tag is a bit steep, but i did enjoy the demo.

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
Someone tell me Denpa Men is worth it. That $10 price tag is a bit steep, but i did enjoy the demo.

Yeah I enjoyed the demo and put about an hour into it, but if I just have to repeat the demo for another few hours I dont know if i'd want it.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »

Yeah I enjoyed the demo and put about an hour into it, but if I just have to repeat the demo for another few hours I dont know if i'd want it.
You don't The Famicrew confirmed this awhile back. Your demo game continues into the full game if you buy it.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
Quarth - 100% worth it. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NESticales

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
I believe it tells you at the end of the demo that it'll transfer over your data, which was a deciding factor cause i was really not looking forward to redoing all that progress.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
Quarth - 100% worth it. :D
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS - Quarth, but good.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
THAT'S WHAT IT REMINDS ME OF.

Yea, Pictobits is probably the best game on DSiWare. I'll pick up Quarth out of curiosity, but it can't be that good.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
Oh, there's defiantly some similarity between the two...  But Quarth is better. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Tenser

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »
I wasn't really interested in Denpa but now that everyone says they enjoyed it and there's a demo I'll have to check it out. Consider my curiosity piqued!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »
I'll probably cave and get Denpa because I just pretty much buy everything of note on the eShop, but talking to Nate Andrews (who is reviewing it for us), it seems to be nothing more than the demo but repeated a whole lot. I liked the demo, but if it doesn't evolve, that'd be a bummer.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"