Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Will Be Wii U Exclusive  (Read 14655 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Bayonetta 2 Will Be Wii U Exclusive
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
Sega said they would be happy to do Shenumue III for whichever console manufacturer was willing to pay for the development.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
Wasn't Bayonetta 2 rumored to be in danger of getting cancelled a few months ago? With Nintendo publishing the game, there's a possibility that they even saved the project. If true, these idiots should be thanking Nintendo because Sega may have rung the death knell for the game.

On top of that, I find it ridiculous that they're even complaining. If you love Bayonetta so much, get a Wii U. If it's not that important, don't.
This is what I came in here to say. If these people are legitimately this upset over a videogame and not just exaggerating for effect, that's pretty ridiculous. Even if they are exaggerating, they're still overreacting.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
Bayonetta has been in one game so far,

Two games, and if she were in SSB that would make three.

But regardless of that, I'd just like to see it happen because of how it would troll the anti-Nintendo fanboy haters. Getting Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive was a good move on the part of Nintendo, but they need to follow that up by doing that with other franchises. If Nintendo made enough core games exclusive to their hardware then the haters would be stuck with no choice other than to GET N OR GET OUT.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
What is the 2nd game? The sequel isn't out yet, so that doesn't count.

I never played the first game and had no interest in it, but high profile third-party exclusives will only help Wii U.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »

It will be by the time SSB comes out.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
Chozo is right. Bayonetta is also in Platinum Games' Anarchy Reigns which is out in Japan and coming out in the US and Europe next year. It looks pretty fun so hopefully Nintendo was able to swing a Wii U port. I'm not holding my breath though.

EDIT: Here's Bayonetta's character trailer:

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »
Sega said they would be happy to do Shenumue III for whichever console manufacturer was willing to pay for the development.

Do I smell another Wii U exclusive?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2012, 12:34:27 AM »
Nintendo should buy Sega and then everything they make will be Wii U exclusives. The Anti-Nintendo fanboys would commit mass suicide if that happened.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2012, 12:44:54 AM »
You want to really piss off anti-Nintendo fanboys? Have Nintendo buy Electronic Arts (no more Mass Effect, Madden, Burnout, Need for Speed, FIFA Soccer) or Activision Blizzard (no more Call of Duty, Tony Hawk) or Take-Two Interactive (no more NBA 2K, Grand Theft Auto, L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, BioShock).

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:38 AM »
Nintendo should buy Sega and then everything they make will be Wii U exclusives. The Anti-Nintendo fanboys would commit mass suicide if that happened.

Why? The only franchise Sega has left that's worth a damn anymore to core gamers is Valkyria Chronicles, and they've given up on that for NA.  All their other franchises have been either dormant for way too long (Skies of Arcadia) or are irrelevant now (pretty much everything else from the Dreamcast era and beyond).

Honestly, I'd care a great deal more if Nintendo bought Bioshock exclusivity from Take Two.  As for EA, they no longer make games I'm interested in, ever since ME3 massively disappointed and Dead Space 3 became CoD in space.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2012, 02:22:42 AM »
Yep, Nintendo is very good at handling their decades old franchises. I think action filled uncharted style Ice Climbers is long overdue  ;)

And, yes, Nintendo SHOULD buy out dead IPs from studios who no longer care about them. Mega Man, Bomberman, Pac-Man can only survive under them.

I don't really see the feasibility of these IPs unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:30:10 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2012, 02:29:56 AM »
Have Nintendo buy Electronic Arts (no more Mass Effect, Madden, Burnout, Need for Speed, FIFA Soccer) or Activision Blizzard (no more Call of Duty, Tony Hawk) or Take-Two Interactive (no more NBA 2K, Grand Theft Auto, L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, BioShock).
These kind of monumental buyouts are not really Nintendo style.
Also they would severely damage companies' value by making them exclusives, and thus -- lessen their own value. You're basically throw money out of the window with that kind of deal.
Activision is making the bank on xbox with cod. Skylanders (probably even bigger franchise today than CoD) is mostly Wii but even then not fully.
Blizzard is PC only company. It's worthless for Nintendo.

I'd rather have Nintendo just buying IPs, like that rumour about N trying to get Rare's IPs (Banjo, Conker and the like) from Microsoft? Yeah, more of that.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2012, 02:35:32 AM »
I wasn't arguing for or against Nintendo buying them, just saying that Nintendo buying one of them would set off a **** storm online among the anti-Nintendo fanboys.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2012, 02:58:18 AM »
Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusive to Wii U.  I'd love to see the internets talk about that.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
I wasn't arguing for or against Nintendo buying them, just saying that Nintendo buying one of them would set off a **** storm online among the anti-Nintendo fanboys.

Nintendo (or any other company) wouldn't buy EA to make Madden exclusive because if they tried it, the NFL would be on them like white on rice and they'd lose the exclusivity.

EA's rumored to be up for sale, but no platform holder is rumored to be buying them for that reason.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »
like white on rice

Rice's natural color is actually brown.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »
Wild rice can also be green, actually.