Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Will Be Wii U Exclusive  (Read 14757 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Bayonetta 2 Will Be Wii U Exclusive
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
*yawn* whatever. Not my thing, but picking up a game that didn't do so well last time but has a rabid fanbase is a decent move.

Since when it selling over 1 million copies not doing so well?
My guess is they expected to sell more than 1 million.  Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning sold over 2 million and that wasn't enough to make it profitable (obviously the game was in a much different situation).  I'm guessing CoD games these days have to sell a whole lot more than a million copies to be profitable.  It's perspective.  Bayonetta was billed as a blockbuster game, so I think Sega was hoping to sell multimillions of copies.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
I bet Bayonetta will be in the next Smash Brothers game due to Nintendo publishing the sequel. This would also add credence to more of Platnium Game's characters (Jack from Madworld?) appear as well. It would make a good fit for her to be in the game considering the gameplay style of her games.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »
I bet Bayonetta will be in the next Smash Brothers game due to Nintendo publishing the sequel. This would also add credence to more of Platnium Game's characters (Jack from Madworld?) appear as well. It would make a good fit for her to be in the game considering the gameplay style of her games.

Honestly, if we're going to get a Platinum Games character, I'd rather have the main character from Vanquish or even Jack from Madworld. I couldn't care less about Bayonetta.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
I don't see Bayonetta showing up in Smash Bros. First, it's probably too late to include her since the roster was probably settled months ago. Second, she's not Sonic who had history and popularity on his side so an exception was made specifically to include him. Her chances of making it in would improve if Nintendo bought the rights to the series which is unlikely.
Bayonetta 2 is the good kind of exclusive.  It's the "first kid at school with the hot new toy" instead of the "only kid at school with leg braces".  There are PS360 owners who have the first Bayonetta and would want the sequel but can only get it if they buy a Wii U.  THAT is exactly what Nintendo wants.
I like that analogy. +1

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:02 PM »
I really like the first one. Now, I just need to finish it so I can justify purchasing 2.

Offline WiiUIVLife

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 09:38:48 PM »
This was by far one of the most epic surprise of them all during the Wii U Preview presentation!  I didn't see THAT one coming... Nintendo publishing Bayonetta 2 only for the U.  I'm buying it when it's available!!!!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »
I don't have a Twitter, but apparently a lot of people's butts are hurt that this game is Wii U exclusive, some issuing death threats to Hideki Kamiya via Twitter (I know, I know, but still...) which is ironic considering he's not announced to be working on the game. Wasn't Bayonetta 2 rumored to be in danger of getting cancelled a few months ago? With Nintendo publishing the game, there's a possibility that they even saved the project. If true, these idiots should be thanking Nintendo because Sega may have rung the death knell for the game.

On top of that, I find it ridiculous that they're even complaining. If you love Bayonetta so much, get a Wii U. If it's not that important, don't. What will you play instead? Oh, I don't know... maybe the 99% of other 3rd party titles coming out on PS3/360, compared to the what, 30%-40% coming to Wii U. You'll live.

I promised myself I would moderate my forum use since it was getting out of hand and I wasn't being productive in other aspects of my life so I only really want to take part in discussions from now on (no debates or arguments) and this latest Nintendo Direct was a good time to rejoin NWR for a bit, but when I read this news story on Kotaku, it kind of blew my mind. Rant over.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:44 AM »
I remember when RE4 was promised as a Gamecube exclusive, but then before it was even out Crapcom announced it was also coming to the PS2. Hopefully Bayonetta 2 won't be like that. Hopefully it will be a Wii U exclusive permanently.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
Since Nintendo is publishing the game, no chance of it going multiplatform.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
This video is foul yet hilarious:

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
That is amazing!!!!!!!!!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:31 AM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:27:23 AM by Killer_Man_Jaro »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 02:59:21 AM »
This video is foul yet hilarious:

LOL +1

Are those real comments people posted? It wouldn't surprise me...

Nintendo shouldn't just stop with Bayonetta 2 being exclusive. They should do this with a bunch of other games core gamers love, to either get them on board or to piss them off and make them post more comments such as these.
is your sanity...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 03:01:49 AM »
Hahahahahahahahaha that was awesome.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 04:32:13 AM »
I didn't realise the original Bayonetta was so popular. I had it down as a reasonably well-liked game with a cult following, but the outcries of the internet suggest otherwise.

For me personally, of the two Platinum Games exclusives coming to Wii U, I'm far more intrigued by The Wonderful 101 (as it is now known.)
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »
Wow, I didn't know anyone besides Rimmer was emotionally invested in Bayonetta

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
Kotaku has an article about Bayonetta's chances of showing up in Smash Bros. I suppose It's certainly possible that Sega was ready to cancel the game and Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya asked Nintendo to save the game in exchange for exclusivity. The timing is interesting here. Sakurai probably officially started Smash Bros. on 3DS and Wii U in March/April. Sega was rumored to cancel Bayonetta in late April/early May. Then, 10 or so days later Sakurai is caught lurking around Platinum Games. Iwata could have specifically asked Sakurai to include Bayontta for more exposure in a Marth/Roy-esque scenario and since the games are still so early, he obliged and visited Platinum Games to get a feel for the series and character straight from the creators.

I take it back. Bayonetta might have a chance of showing up in the next Smash Bros. games. Maybe Nintendo was even able to swing co-ownership of the IP. Seems like they held all the cards here.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:01:10 AM by Adrock »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
I don't think people were this crazy when Soul Calibur 3 was announced only for PS2.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
Only two third party characters have been in Smash Bros. games, and both were iconic (Snake and Sonic). Bayonetta has been in one game so far, I would rather them include a more iconic character.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »
I would to, but that's not the point. If Nintendo is trying to make Bayonetta a bigger name, market an exclusive they're publishing, and have people associate her with Wii U, there's no better way to introduce her to Nintendo fans who may not have played the 1st game than to have her show up in Smash Bros. Bayonetta can only help Nintendo's image issues. /DatAss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
I would to, but that's not the point. If Nintendo is trying to make Bayonetta a bigger name, market an exclusive they're publishing, and have people associate her with Wii U, there's no better way to introduce her to Nintendo fans who may not have played the 1st game than to have her show up in Smash Bros. Bayonetta can only help Nintendo's image issues. /DatAss

Not if the game flops because Nintendo STILL hasn't figured out how to market these kind of games. They have a long history of failure on that.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
For the sounds of things from the interview it sounded like Sega did in fact drop Bayonetta and so PG went looking for a new publisher and since Nintendo was already publishing Wonderful Life they already had a working relationship with them.

Just glad to be getting Bayonetta 2 :0.

And if Nintendo's in the mood for financing a few more "canned" projects maybe they should talk with Ubisoft about Beyond Good and Evil 2--hey, I can DREAM can't I?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
I had no idea there would be such a butthurt reaction to this game being a Wii U exclusive.  Well, good, because nerds are very good at bitching a blue streak and then buying the product anyway.  Bayonetta 2 might sell systems better than we thought.

Though it also shows how unpopular Nintendo is with core gamers.  If this was for the PS4 or Xbox 720 no one would whine about buying a new system.  But buying a Nintendo system for this game?  How terrible!  The ones who were bitching were never considering buying a Wii U.  They should be excited but instead they're pissed off.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »
And if Nintendo's in the mood for financing a few more "canned" projects maybe they should talk with Ubisoft about Beyond Good and Evil 2--hey, I can DREAM can't I?

Maybe they can save Shunmue 3...?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »

Maybe they can save Shunmue 3...?

Didn't Sega say they were sticking to only the big franchises like Sonic?  How about Nintendo just grab up a whole bunch of Sega's unused IP in the same sort of deal they have here?  Sega's woes are because they're Sega, not because their IP has no value.  With Nintendo calling the shots they could do justice to that IP.  If Nintendo can make some long dead IP like Punch-Out or Kid Icarus relevant again, why couldn't they do the same with non-Nintendo IP?  See if you can resurrect Mega Man as well while you're at it since Capcom has seemingly allowed their most famous franchise to die out.