Author Topic: Rhythm Thief Coming to iOS in Japan  (Read 949 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
Rhythm Thief Coming to iOS in Japan
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »

You'll be able to dance in the streets of Paris for free on iOS this winter. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31570

Rhythm KaitŨ R, known as Rhythm Thief & the Emperorā€™s Treasure in the West, is coming to the iOS platform in Japan, Segaā€™s Tokyo Game Show 2012 title list revealed. 

Tentatively titled Rhythm KaitŨ R for iOS, the smartphone version will be be slightly different from the experience on the Nintendo 3DS with shortened play sessions and the implementation of social media. The title is listed as free to play with items available for purchase, and is set to launch this winter. There is currently no word on whether this new version will be available outside of Japan.

Rhythm Thief for the Nintendo 3DS was released on January 19 in Japan and then later released in the West, starting in Europe on April 5 and then North America this past summer on July 10.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Rhythm Thief Coming to iOS in Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »
ugh!!

I'm really worried that this amazing game is not going to get the life/legacy it deserves =\

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
Based on a RFN podcast, the 3DS game never got that many copies shipped out by Sega anyways. I may get the free iOS version if it comes out here.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:14 PM »
Based on a RFN podcast, the 3DS game never got that many copies shipped out by Sega anyways. I may get the free iOS version if it comes out here.

You know, that's an excellent point.  When the game came out I did a little bit of my own investigative data-collecting and asked all the GameStops in my area.  They each only got ONE copy outside of pre-orders!  ONE COPY!

How does ANY company hope to turn a profit like that?? One guy buys the game and then suddenly you have ZERO shelf presence and you're completely out of the public eye!

..... when they realize that you must build it before they will come?  Just so sad for such a great game =\