Author Topic: Pit Figma Figure Revealed  (Read 2271 times)

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Pit Figma Figure Revealed
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »

The Icarus Kid is the third Nintendo character to get the Figma treatment.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31200

At the 2012 Tokyo Wonder Festival figurine trade show held last weekend, toy manufacturer Max Factory and their distributor Good Smile Company revealed that Pit from Kid Icarus Uprising will be getting a Figma in the near future.

For those new to the world of Figma, it is a series of fully poseable action figures famous for their extensive articulation and accuracy to detail despite their relatively small size.

Pit will be the third Nintendo character to get a figure in this series, with Samus Aran from Metroid Other M having been released a few weeks ago and Link from Skyward Sword scheduled for a release at the end of October this year. According to Masahiro Sakurai's Twitter, there will also be a Dark Pit variant released at the same time.

Perhaps Pit's inclusion in the Figma line is indication of the intention to eventually release a full Smash Bros. roster of figures? These figurines are known to sell out on preorders long before their actual release date, so interested fans are advised to get in early.

Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pit Figma Figure Revealed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
My wife is very happy we don't live in Japan.  She just doesn't know it yet.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chiramii

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »
Hnngh! Must... have...
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »
Dare I even ask about the price?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »
Expensive. Figmas are surprisingly pricey considering what you get (small figures with GI Joe-like articulations). The expense comes from the fact that Figmas generally come with a wealth of swap-able parts, like hands, heads, weapons, etc. I've had a few Figmas, but they drove me crazy. Way too many visible joints. I prefer inaction figures like Gwendolyn, here.

I just got her yesterday (this is not my photo) and she's so pretty. Also, Odin Sphere FTW.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 12:07:18 AM »
Amazing.

Also nice to see Pit getting some recognition on the same level of his iconic brethren.

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
My Samus Figma was $35 (spoilers: next Mariobilia!) when I preordered online, but now that she's been released and subsequently bought up by greedy eBay second round dealers, it's pretty hard to get her for less than $100.
Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 03:44:50 AM »
I think it looks nice, but I'll pass on it since there's enough stuff in my room which just exists for the sake of collecting dust and I don't own a showcase.