Author Topic: GoldenEye 007 Wi-Fi Night  (Read 12514 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
GoldenEye 007 Wi-Fi Night
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »

Hop online, shoot some friends, and win some prizes.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/contest/24461

On February 5, join Nintendo World Report staff members, forum members, and other randoms to play Activision and Eurocom's Wii re-imagining, GoldenEye 007.

During the night, we'll be giving numerous prizes, including copies of GoldenEye 007 on DS, copies of Blood Stone on DS, and GoldenEye t-shirts.

If you plan to join, add your Friend Code into the Talkback thread below, and then add every other Friend Code there. Once we get all that number stuff out of the way, playing GoldenEye online should be a snap!

Check back closer to the day for more details on exactly when the event will start and how we'll be giving away the swag.

UPDATE: The massacre will start around 7 p.m. EST. Naturally, you can play whenever you want, but if you want to get prizes and such, start playing around 7 p.m.

Prizes available include:

Two copies of GoldenEye 007 (DS)

Two copies of Blood Stone (DS)

One GoldenEye t-shirt (the Oddjob Cheater one)

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline circasurviver

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: GoldenEye 007 Wi-Fi Night
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOO. I'll be in Yosemite for my wife's birthday  :(
Kelso: 0001-3810-6499
Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »
Sounds fun

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
I'm in!!!!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
4768-9627-8473

Expect surprise butt-SEGS.

Offline Oreanta

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »
Sounds awesome! Hopefully I can make it :D
Check out "The Other Side of the Flagpole", featured on the site! --> http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/28260

Offline Zoltan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 02:16:07 PM »
Do you need the system code too or will the one for the game itself be enough?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
I might be able to join in if my copy arrives in time. Reserving.

Edit: Disregard, USPS sucks.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:14:19 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 06:33:15 PM »
I'm in! Here's my code!

4095-8853-4828

Btw, I hope the prizes aren't awarded via competition (though I guess, how else would they do it, right?), because I'm quite good at getting shot in online FPSs!! So I guess all of you can rejoice that I'm going to participate. ^_^
I'm fairly bad-ass in 1P (please someone make an online co-op FPS!), but when it comes to a human opponent I just don't have that talent.

Still looking forward to having a good time with cool people and wicked GoldenEye007 action!

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
2245 3541 7335
GoldenEye Name: KMJaro

I might be doing something when this goes down, so I may have to drop out. Have you got any news on what time it will take place?

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 02:29:46 AM »
ah yes, what time indeed?  It would be best if I knew ahead of time so I could schedule for it!

~human target
I mean,
~NinSage

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
Neal posted this for me...while I was (and still am) in Vegas so I'm not EXACTLY "in the know" on the details. But it is exciting. We've been talking about this since December, for pete's sake.

I imagine there will be tiered prizes. One based on total experience earned during the night (I'll be keeping track), one on overall total round winner, and maybe one more. Maybe some kind of lottery prize. I think Neal's got a lot of stuff he wants to unload on you poor readers. I'll be chatting with the man on Tuesday night when I get back so we'll surely have more details after that.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
This will give me a good excuse to finally tear the shrink wrap off of this game.

please someone make an online co-op FPS!
There are plenty in existence, there just aren't any on the Wii.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »
This will give me a good excuse to finally tear the shrink wrap off of this game.

Plus its a really good game :)

I might join, I've yet to play online so this should be interesting..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 01:35:58 AM »
There are plenty in existence, there just aren't any on the Wii.

Well, specifically, the game I'd be looking for must also meet the following criteria:

1. The game can't be set in a "real life" war. That whole sub-genre is just white noise to me.

2. The co-op must be for either the main campaign or something very similar.  No silly "multiplayer" missions that have no bearing on the actually events of the game. (see: my notes about Conduit 2 on the NinTemple forum.)

3. The protagonists cannot be roid-raging testosterone junkies more concerned with disemboweling, dismembering and disintegrating than, say, having a give-and-take discussion to decide a plan of action.

Remember, I'm cool with a Travis Touchdown because his depth of character allows for a scrawny, lovable loser who happens to enjoy a good dismemberment.  Characters like Marcus Fenix just make me want to take a shower. =P

4. Also, I did the dual-analog thing in the Halo 1 days.  I find the pointing and shooting of the wiimote much more comfortable for ... pointing... and shooting.  So, uh, yea, I guess that's also a prerequisite.  (is the PSMove free by any chance?)

So, if not on the Wii, what PSMove shooter has online co-op in the campaign, a fictional setting and non-2D characters?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:37:38 AM by NinSage »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 01:48:27 AM »
Well now you're attaching a bunch of qualifiers to it, whereas before you simply asked for an online co-op FPS. I don't know much about games on other systems so you'll have to do your own research to see if any of them suit your taste.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:04 AM »
I know, Mop.  Just illustrating why my original request didn't need the system-specific qualifier.

Off the top of my head, Conduit, Red Steel 2 and GoldenEye are three FPSs I own that meet all those criteria minus the online co-op.  In a few weeks, Conduit 2 will do the same.

This is why the Wii is the right console for me ^_^ ... and why I'm left just wishing someone would add some dang online co-op! =P

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 07:33:26 AM »
Count me in.

1077-6061-4922
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »
Onslaught (WiiWare) has online coop but good luck finding a match for that nowadays.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
Onslaught (WiiWare) has online coop but good luck finding a match for that nowadays.

haha, yea, I remember looking into that game many, many moons ago and feeling it looked very underwhelming.  was there even a "main campaign" to play through? like, with a plot and events? did the protagonists even have names/faces?

I honestly do not know, but it struck me as the kind of game that might not include items like those.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »
hmm, Radio Free Nintendo just said this was happening on Feb 7th.... just a slip of the tongue or was it rescheduled?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »
hmm, Radio Free Nintendo just said this was happening on Feb 7th.... just a slip of the tongue or was it rescheduled?

Whatever is in this thread is right. RFN must've gotten it wrong.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
Thanks for the clarification!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »
haha, yea, I remember looking into that game many, many moons ago and feeling it looked very underwhelming.  was there even a "main campaign" to play through? like, with a plot and events? did the protagonists even have names/faces?

Names yes but you never saw their faces. They did talk though and it wasn't the typical broey stuff. Hell, one of the samey-looking soldiers is female.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »
Saturday huh? Any time yet? I'd love to join, even for a few. I have off this weekend so I'm free, but plans come up so..?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.