Author Topic: Animal Crossing Announced For Switch: Isabelle To Turn Over A New Leaf In Smash Ultimate  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Prepare to enter debt. Again.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/48321/animal-crossing-announced-for-switch-isabelle-to-turn-over-a-new-leaf-in-smash-ultimate

Some big news has emerged from the world of Animal Crossing.

A new Animal Crossing title was announced in the Nintendo Direct. No subtitle was given, only a 2019 release date and an introduction from Tom Nook for the new game.

Before that, Isabelle will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The dreaded stop sign and gyroids were among her attacks.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Isabelle looks like a partial Echo Fighter. Trailer was cute.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing fans getting the Star Fox Zero/SMTxFE treatment because Nintendo knew they were ready to riot.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Almost the same treatment as the MP4 announcement.

For a moment, I thought both Isabelle and Tom Nook were getting in. Isabelle looked to be more of an original fighter with her moves so then I thought maybe Tom Nook (who's been in the series longer) was getting the nod as an echo fighter of Isabelle. Considering how Smash seems to be making an effort to have more series villains in it and Tom Nook has sort of been seen as the de facto villain of Animal Crossing, it seemed to be all coming together in my mind but then suddenly it was a reveal for AC Switch.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Although nothing was shown, it's still nice to know an Animal Crossing game is in the works since the main series skipped the Wii U.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Isabelle is officially listed as fighter 68, so not an echo.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/68.html
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
Welp gonna buy a Switch.