Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Backlaugust 2022: Round 3 so we can break our backlogs and be free.

(1/20) > >>

pokepal148:
Backlaugust: The Official Negative World Nintendo World Report Month for Decimating Backlogs!™ is back again for more action! So start looking through your backlog and get started!

Here are the "rules":

Games can be on any system, not just Nintendo systems. I know we're a Nintendo fan site, but most everyone here is a multi-console owner. So play a game on any system you want.

Let us know what you're playing. Mostly just so we can cheer each other on.

Play games you already own. A lot of people tend to buy a game then not play it, or play it for a significant amount of time and then put it down. This is what we're aiming for. Games that launch in August or July of this year don't count.

Try to pick up games you aren't actively playing right now. Games you're currently playing can be allowed, but in the spirit of Backlaugust, let's try to make them games you aren't playing at the moment. Make it a game you haven't touched in a month or more if possible.

When is a game done? That's up to you! Mark a game off your backlog when you've seen the ending or end credits, or once you've seen enough of the game in a game without a "proper ending" (like an arcade-type game). You don't have to do or get everything unless you want to.

Finished games will be posted later in this post. Because everyone likes to see their accomplishments recognized. Just post when you're done and I'll try (and inevitably fail) to update daily.

I'd normally put how many games we cleared last year but there's a little game called Xenoblade 3 that's probably going to cause all sorts of havoc to our heroic attempts to quell the Backlog horde. I don't think we have any chance of beating any records here but we'll just see what happens from here I guess.

Order.RSS:
But it's still July!  >:(
(I'll look over the pile this weekend)

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on July 27, 2022, 08:12:31 PM ---I'd normally put how many games we cleared last year but there's a little game called Xenoblade 3 that's probably going to cause all sorts of havoc to our heroic attempts to quell the Backlog horde. I don't think we have any chance of beating any records here but we'll just see what happens from here I guess.

--- End quote ---

Or just wait a month to play Xenoblade 3. It won't kill you to wait. (Of course, I'd say playing and beating Xenoblade 3 during Backlaugust should still count since you are removing a game from your backlog. Until a game is beat, it is part of your backlog whether you play it right away or not.)

Now, for the Forum searching impaired, click here for Round 1 and click here for Round 2.

Reviewing the past events, Round 1 was 14 games for me and Round 2 was 7 games. In both cases, I didn't really get into action until the month was already a 1/3 to 1/2 gone. Not this year! I'm using these last days of July to help me get ready for the start of August. I'm getting some chores done now. I'm thinking I'll make a couple big meals like a lasagna and or chili and portion it out for quick and easy meal prep time. Jeopardy goes on vacation after this week so I can probably bring my TV watching to 0 hours for a lot of days. Going to try and maximize my playtime because I want to surpass my previous best of 14 from Round 1 and set a new record for this Round 3.

I've got some games in mind that I wanted to tackle for this month and, to that end, I should go through my backloggery and work out what all I would like to aim for. If RABicle is also able to get his schedule in order than maybe me and him can rep for team Pietriots and whomp NWR and Negative World. I'm feeling competitive this year!  8)

M.K.Ultra:
Glad to see people are getting fired up early for Backlaugust this year. I have been frontloading with Kirby's Epic Yarn on Wii. I am at 58% right now so I should be able to mark that one off very early in the month.

RABicle:
Damn I was gunna make this thread the other day!

Like Bungle I am trying to get ahead and have been hitting Pokemon Legends and Pokemon Black 2 pretty hard to get them in some shape for Backlaugust. Then it’ll be onto Hundred Days on the iPad and remnants of my 3DS backlog or something else I can play while commuting to my horrible full time job. I preferred the days of 2020 when I was unemployed and finsihing off a gazillion games to win this thing. I’ll reply with a better plan later today. I also have a Saturday job I must endure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version