Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 692233 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
You might want to check JP.  He just recently started the collection and we talk about it on Nintendo Free Radio 18.

Right now, after Megaman 3 convinced me I'm bad at games, I started playing Super Ghouls N' Ghosts  because hey if your going to be bad at something be bad at the hardest.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
You might want to check JP.  He just recently started the collection and we talk about it on Nintendo Free Radio 18.

Message sent. If anyone else wants some before WiiConnect dies off, I'd be happy to oblige.

Right now, after Megaman 3 convinced me I'm bad at games, I started playing Super Ghouls N' Ghosts  because hey if your going to be bad at something be bad at the hardest.

What could possibly go wrong?  Good luck with this.  I enjoy playing the G'nG series on and off, but probably have never gotten past level 3 in any of the games from the series.  Fun times.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:55:48 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »

Message sent. If anyone else wants some before WiiConnect dies off, I'd be happy to oblige.

What could possibly go wrong?  Good luck with this.  I enjoy playing the G'nG series on and off, but probably have never gotten past level 3 in any of the games from the series.  Fun times.
I'm already past level 4  :cool;  (with a heavy abuse of the single save state)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
I'm playing Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kirby's Adventure, and Batman: Arkham City. Having a lot of fun with them all.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »
Almost done with Ys Book I & II.  Put a little bit more time in tonight, but have resorted to using a guide to get through the Shrine close to the end of Book II.  That maze-like structure is more than I'm willing to swallow for this game right now - drawing my own guide and working through what needs to happen in what order would take far longer than the game deserves.  Hope to finally finish over the weekend.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
jvgsjeff, did you import the New Leaf or do you live in Japan? Because the game is not out yet in other regions.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »
State of Decay.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 10:26:07 PM »
jvgsjeff, did you import the New Leaf or do you live in Japan? Because the game is not out yet in other regions.
A retailer may have broken street date.

Since I unlocked Raid Mode in Revelaitons HD, other games don't matter. Rachael, on the scene!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 10:54:16 PM »
Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, and Hitman: Absolution. I've been kind of addicted to stealth games lately.

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »
jvgsjeff, did you import the New Leaf or do you live in Japan?

No, but I got an early copy from Nintendo to blog about my experiences with the game. (The link is in my signature if you're interested).

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 12:15:03 AM »
Played a bit of Remember Me tonight after my hockey game.  So far, I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of the title, especially considering some of the reviews out there.  Everything I'd seen up till now about this game looked a bit "janky".  The combat, camera, writing...  But so far, and I've only played about 2 hours, the game has been a nice surprise. 

The cyberpunk dystopian aesthetic is at times gorgeous and depressing.  The music is outstanding.  Dialogue, voice acting, and other sounds(footsteps, punches, etc...) are kind of an inconsistent mix.  Visually, the game is... stunning?  There is a weird plastic-like sheen to many of the textures, but the world, as I said earlier, is extremely well-realized so far.  There is a moment where you step out of the neo-Paris slums, and enter into the privileged area, and my jaw just fell to the floor.  To me, this moment reminded me of the first time I stepped out of the rocket and into Columbia in Bioshock Infinite.

I can see how the combat might become a chore later on, but so far it isn't terrible.  It's actually an interesting take on the system that's been done so often since Arkham Asylum, with a focus on the creation of combos.

After reading a few press reviews, I wasn't sure I would pick this game up.  I was ready to just wait until next week for The Last of Us(which has been getting rave reviews).  I ended up going on "word of mouth" from various internet people who were praising the game's ambition.

Edit: Some screenshots I grabbed from the game(click to embiggen):

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:35:49 AM by magicpixie »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
I started The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening this morning and played through the first two dungeons. I hadn't played this game in probably close to 15 years, but I remember it being really great, and so far it's living up to that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
I'm stuck in the last dungeon is LA.  :(

Still playing State of Decay and its a fun yet technical messy game. My main problem is outside of the basic controls there aren't any tutorials on how any of the game systems work. It took me a few days to realize I could start  upgrading my base and build outposts at different places in the environment. I haven't lost any members of my community yet, but I might have to for one of the achievements. 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline MukiDA

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2013, 09:56:09 AM »
I'm burning through Platinum The Trinity's challenge mode in BlazBlue on my Vita. I might also wrap up the more difficult stages in Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove...

DON'T JUDGE ME.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
How is that game?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 02:46:51 AM »
I had to wait for someone to open office doors for me and i didn't bring my 3DS or DS with me. Soooo, i played a game called "Bounce" on my outdated Nokia dumbphone.

It was kinda awesome, for ten minutes at least. Ball has two forms, different abilities for each, there are almost metroid-like maze structure, gates that you have to open by doing something on other side, jumppads and so on.

Controlling with phone buttons is awkward but it was manageable.

Yeah this one, only in black/white.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59:58 AM »
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC).  8 Bracelets.  #"*@$#^.   Thinking of switching to a different game in the not-too-distant future if I can't get past this roadblock soon - maybe Luigi's Mansion.

Edit: Ok, finished 8 Bracelets with a bit of perseverance, along with the rest of the stages in world 7... only find that some of the stages in world 8 make that one look tame by comparison.  Definitely dropping Luigi's Mansion into my GameCube for a while to help me regain some sanity.

On happier notes:

Still making steady progress in Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS) and enjoying that game completely. The parts where you have to blow into the mic are too gimmicky for my liking, but this is a fantastic game. Can't believe that it's less than $2 at Canadian GameStop stores.

Also playing a lot of Animal Crossing with my wife. She went from having virtually no interest to being quite excited to check in daily and see what's happening in our town... so that ended up being big a win, since the game is more fun when it's shared. The island is a lot of fun, and I think they did a great job balancing the new and old features. Not a revolution from what was expected, but a nice tweak on the established formula. This is a game that I'll be playing 15-30 minutes per day for many months to come.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:11:49 PM by ejamer »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
Since last week i've been at other city for work. It sucked working so much during E3 week with hotel's internet being somewhat spotty and internet at work restricted. At least i took my xbox with me and we played quite a lot of games with my colleague.
First we played some Gears of War 2 in co-op. It was kinda hard for both of us because of dual analogs and my friend just like me is accustomed to playing shooters on PC, but it was still enjoyable enough. Especially with some booze. Restarting missions over and over again because we couldn't understand what to do or where to go, wasn't very fun though.
I also took xbox wireless usb adapter and connected xbox joysticks to my notebook. Then we tried a few NES games on emulator in coop.
We specifically wanted to play Battletoads vs Double Dragon, because it was one of the games we played a lot as kids. We beat it within two nights but had to do savestates a lot, because we didn't really wanted to waste time and were pretty wasted themselves.
Going for more nostalgia, we also played a few levels in Battle City. It was probably our most played game on Dendy (russian NES knock-off). Even to this day many people remember this game as simply "The Tanks game". Part of why "World of Tanks" is so popular here is because of that old pirated game that everyone played as a kid.
This night we started Lara Croft and Guardian of Light.
This game is so awesome.
Amazing co-op action, great puzzles. You can play it in singleplayer but i recommend to try to play with a friend -- it gets so much better when you're not alone when game suddenly screws you over with traps or over the action moments..

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 12:08:31 AM »
I've been playing a whole lot of different things lately. In addition to FIFA and Mutant Mudds on the Wii U, I've been playing a ton of things on 3DS, including a ridiculous amount of Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, replaying Super Mario 3D Land, and Picross-e, and I also went back and started up DS games Super Mario 64 DS and Advance Wars: Dual Strike again, because I clearly didn't already have enough going on.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »
It's been a while, but I jumped back into Sleeping Dogs tonight for a little bit.  I didn't do any missions or anything of any real significance, but I had a ton of fun just exploring the landscape via various methods of travel.  The game is still really pretty, and the combat system is awesome.  I love getting on a motorcycle and flying down the road at high speed and using other cars as ramps.  I know S-E has its head up its ass and all, but I really hope they greenlight another game like this.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
I've finally came back from business trip.

On our last night in hotel we played some more Lara Croft (still have three or so levels left). Some really ingenious puzzles in there. I wonder if they change level for singleplayer cause while some challenges can be done alone, some require second person...

Then on the next day, we played some Contra 4 in airport while waiting for our delayed flight. Occasions like these is why i bought extra Contra 4 cartridge. We both had a blast. Not only the game itself is great by itself, it also has a huge nostalgia boost. We only got to third boss on easy and i was out of continues by then. There are some issues with shared screen, i killed my pal too many times in vertical waterfall area because i moved too far.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
Tackling Mega Man 5 for the first time and enjoying the hell out of Luigi U's short and sweet levels :cool;
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
I've basically lost ownership of my 3DS since my wife has become engrossed with Animal Crossing, but that means the TV is free so I'm turning back to console games for now.

Putting the last bit of effort into Ys Book I & II (Wii Virtual Console), having reached the Goddess Tower and climbed to the top of the Belfry. Looks like there is some more fetch questing to do before the final encounter... but this game must be just about done.  Hopefully it'll be crossed off my list this weekend?

Also started Luigi's Mansion (GameCube).  Rather enjoying this game early on, and think that what I've seen so far holds up extremely well for a launch game from two generations ago. Not sure I enjoy the game enough that I want to invest in the 3DS sequel yet.

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2013, 01:45:12 PM »
I´m currently playing Aliens: Infestation on DS. Think its great so far, the only problem i´m having is keeping people alive when I encounter bosses, think I have lost about 6 soldiers.

Probably my favvorite Alien game since Alien vs Predator on PC (1999), it really captures the mood from the movies.
3DS Friend code 0473-8793-3927
Mii: Lars

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 02:34:16 PM »
I´m currently playing Aliens: Infestation on DS. Think its great so far, the only problem i´m having is keeping people alive when I encounter bosses, think I have lost about 6 soldiers.

Probably my favvorite Alien game since Alien vs Predator on PC (1999), it really captures the mood from the movies.

I enjoyed that game too. I managed to get to the last boss without losing a character (by which I mean, I reloaded when I lost a character). When I finally did let them die in facing the last boss it was really very satisfying, lol.
Gouge away.