Author Topic: Get Well Wishes for Zachary Miller  (Read 19020 times)

Offline fordrob

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Get Well Wishes for Zachary Miller
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
Good luck and God bless, my good man...we will miss the insight and sexual innuendo you add to each Newscast...come back to us soon
The Dude abides

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 09:49:21 PM »
Get well soon Zach, Newcast would never be the same with out you!
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline mamacitalew

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Movies!
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »
Here's to wishing you a speedy and full recovery!!! :D

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
I will pray for you. I hope all goes well.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline JDE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Chronicles
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
Good luck and get well soon!
My forum, Video Game Chronicles.  Check us out!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 10:18:14 PM »
I had a joke for this, but I'm afraid it might be in bad taste. Regardless, best of luck to you, Zach. Hopefully you'll be back going on and on about dinosaurs and making extremely immature jokes soon.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
Yeah, don't make a joke in bad taste.....
some people tend not to be able to take jokes around here.

But if Zach is lucky, they may trigger his X-gene, then he will come out of this better than all of us.
I hope it's some sort of mutant healing factor.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 10:34:40 PM »
Best wishes!  I will pray for a speedy recovery as well, Zach.  I hope that you will be feeling much better soon. 

Until then, my son and I will make sure to play with his dinosaur collection in your honor. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Chiramii

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »
I wish you the best of luck, Zach. And I hope you'll feel better soon!
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
Woah.  Good luck Zach.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011, 11:40:07 PM »
Aw, you guys are awesome. Thanks for the all well wishes. Now, here's what's going on...

On Monday after work, I came down with a nasty migraine headache. I didn't think it was a big deal--I've gotten migraines before (routinely, even). But it hadn't gone away by Wednesday, and I daresay it had become intolerably painful by Wednesday night. It felt like I was being stabbed in the back of head every time my heart beat. So we went to a place called FireCare (kind of a 2nd-rate ER) and they told me it was a meio-facial headache and that I was dehydrated. I got a deep-tissue neck massage and had two liters of fluids injected into my arm. Great. But I did feel a little better.

Next time? The pain is just as bad. Went back to FirstCare, and they told me to head to the actual ER. Which I did. The next two days are a big blur. The ER doctor gave me a lumbar puncture and then immediately took me into emergency brain surgery for a brain abcsess. This is serious stuff--it's where bacteria (or fungus) have broken through the blood-brain barrier between the sinuses and the brain and are now sitting directly on the surface of the brain. My brain got scrubbed, lots of spinal fluid was cultured, and I got sent to an ICU room.

That's where I've been ever since. I perpetually hear from my three doctors that "tomorrow" I will have my head tube removed. The head tube is used to equilate (is that a word? I'm still woozy) pressure in my skull but it can also be used to take a sample of spinal fluid OR inject antibiotics directly to the abcsess site. That might happen tomorrow, as my spinal fluid is still "cloudy," or filled with bacteria. I'll know more tomorrow...

Once the head tube is out, I'll be able to move from the ICU to a normal hospital room and start the actual road to recovery. I'll have to learn to walk again (seriously) and my primary doctor will have to figure out a med schedule for me to take home with a CADD pump to give me antibiotics through my PICCline IV. So that's the story. I'll know more tomorrow. Keep pulling for your favorite dinosaur-obsessed staffer, guys. I might not make it to the next Newscast, but I can't imagine why I'd be kept away from later episodes!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Oreanta

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
What a trooper! I'm sure nothing's gonna be keeping you from your love of Nintendo, and this amazing post ^ is proof of that! Great to know you're pulling through :)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:46:55 PM by Oreanta »
Check out "The Other Side of the Flagpole", featured on the site! --> http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/28260

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 11:59:46 PM »
Yikes! That's an elaborate procedure, dude! Good to know that you are OK at least. We are still rooting for ya! :D
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 12:11:12 AM »
Aw, you guys are awesome. Thanks for the all well wishes. Now, here's what's going on...

I'll have to learn to walk again (seriously)....

You should just learn how to fly instead. Walking is over rated.

It took Clark (on Smallville) 10 years to learn to fly, so make Superman look like a fool and learn to do it sooner (like everyone else on Smallville that could fly)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »
Hmm...I had an inclination it was a brain abscess since it was mentioned it was an infection. Brain surgery is tough on the patient. I'm very surprised that you'll have to learn how to walk again though. Not to worry you, but that's unusual.

I'm glad you're well enough to type and joke about it. That's a great sign. I hope you feel better soon.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 12:45:42 AM »
The surgery probably threw off his inner ear balance. He is going to have to recalibrate his brain for the new level. While you can use your eyes to keep level, his ears will keep messing with him until he can adjust hence he will have to effectively relearn to walk.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline JasonMaivia

• On the ShyGuy list.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 01:00:21 AM »
Keep dem DOA 3D titties in your mind, and you'll come back better and more pervy than ever!

Get well soon, Zach!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 01:06:07 AM »
Ah that makes sense.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 01:43:35 AM »
I assume he will have to relearn how to ride a bike as well. I guess the old adage doesn't apply!

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 06:00:10 AM »
Best wishes and prayers are going your way for sure, homie!
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »
Well... I feel bad. I used to didn't like Zach because he said "Paper Mario can suck it"... I'm still not entirely over that, but still. Sounds like Zach will have a lot of trails ahead. His head must really hurt. ugh.. I wish I was better with words, but I just hope nothing happens to him. Here's to hoping for a healthy recovery.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
Wow, that's a wild story.  Brain scrub?  That's a real thing?!
But the best part is that it sounds like things have gone well so far and that you are (or very nearly are) fully on the road to recovery already.

Anyone setting up a PayPal donation link? Just guessing, but surgery like this probably isn't free in the US unless NWR staff perks include really awesome insurance plans ...
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 09:50:34 AM »
Hopefully you got a game System with you.  I go Stir crazy just sitting in a room.  It is almost unavoidable that nothing good is on TV.

Anyone setting up a PayPal donation link? Just guessing, but surgery like this probably isn't free in the US unless NWR staff perks include really awesome insurance plans ...
I chip in.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »

Yeah it is, and one of the major downsides to it is that he can no longer "Whip His Hair Back and Forth" because now you hear a squeaking sound because his brain is so fresh and so clean (clean).

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »

Yeah it is, and one of the major downsides to it is that he can no longer "Whip His Hair Back and Forth" because now you hear a squeaking sound because his brain is so fresh and so clean (clean).
Which will prompt a need to shave his head and give him the ability to show up in shiny surfaces.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.